Pathfinder 2E Release Day Second Edition Amazon Sales Rank

darjr

I crit!
I’m pretty sure this is just some weirdness on Amazon’s end. I mean, Paizo has announced in the last month or two that they’re coming out with new pocket editions of several more PF1 books now that they’ve sold out of the originals.
Probably the case.

There is a big difference between we are going to finish printing as many of the PF1e hardcovers as there is demand for. And we are going to reprint those books. I expect we won't see reprints of the paperbacks once they sell out.

Porridge

Explorer
There is a big difference between we are going to finish printing as many of the PF1e hardcovers as there is demand for. And we are going to reprint those books. I expect we won't see reprints of the paperbacks once they sell out.

Just to be clear, Paizo definitely isn’t (re)printing any more PF1 hardcovers. The only PF1 products they’re printing are pocket editions of PF1 rulebooks that have sold out.

FWIW, here’s what they’ve said about PF1 support, moving forward:

“We've poured our hearts and souls into Pathfinder First Edition over the last decade, and we're thrilled that gamers are so loyal to that expression of the game. While we do not plan to release additional Pathfinder First Edition products after August 2019, we DO plan to keep paperback Pocket Editions of First Edition rulebooks in print as long as enough people are buying them, so even in the era of Pathfinder Second Edition, First Edition adherents should be able to find their preferred version of the game in print without too much trouble. Our First Edition PDF products will also remain available.”

Last edited:

Just to be clear, Paizo definitely isn’t (re)printing any more PF1 hardcovers. The only PF1 products they’re printing are pocket editions of PF1 rulebooks that have sold out.

FWIW, here’s what they’ve said about PF1 support, moving forward:

“We've poured our hearts and souls into Pathfinder First Edition over the last decade, and we're thrilled that gamers are so loyal to that expression of the game. While we do not plan to release additional Pathfinder First Edition products after August 2019, we DO plan to keep paperback Pocket Editions of First Edition rulebooks in print as long as enough people are buying them, so even in the era of Pathfinder Second Edition, First Edition adherents should be able to find their preferred version of the game in print without too much trouble. Our First Edition PDF products will also remain available.”

When I said Hardcovers I was referring to finishing of printing the paperback reprints for the remaining Hardcovers, it was a bit unclear. I expect we will see all of the hardcovers become paperbacks, the chance of reprints of those paperbacks once they sell out is probably pretty slim (there would need to be a lot of demand).

Remove ads