Pathfinder 2E Release Day Second Edition Amazon Sales Rank

And why on Earth would they be "bigger than ever" when they're no longer doing the Player Companion and Campaign lines, the novels are gone, and they're producing fewer accessories?
Even if PF2 was selling better than PF1 they don't need as many people. Why increase the overhead and expenses?
I don't think she's lying deliberately but I don't know how to reconcile that statement with what Paizo is doing.

The answer could be Starfinder. No canpaigns or companions, but they have an entirely new line that requires hardbacks and a new AP line.

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
Interesting discussion. My feeling is PF2 will take longer to adopt than PF1. PF1 had the advantage of using a very popular rule system that D&D was moving on from completely for a version of D&D that was a major move away from what the player base was accustomed to. The splintered community gave them a nice boost.

PF2 is entering a very different market with a very different product. It might take some time for people to realize how good the system is. It's a good system. When I read the player test, my gaming group and I thought it looked kind of lame. Lots of small bonuses, weaker casting, and changes to nearly everything. It seem far less powerful. Then when we played it, we found that it played better than it looked. It was a very smooth, interesting, fun play experience.

I hope PF2 succeeds once word of mouth spreads and more people give it a try. It has a lot of interesting mechanics that are fun for a DM and players.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Yeah like Uni said that's almost 6 months ago. I'd be curious what they're saying now. And to answer your question, it was Dancy,Mona, and Stevens talking up Pathfinder Online I thought?

My recall is fuzzy, but I was under the impression that Goblinworks (I think that's the name of the company) was run by Dancey and there was some drama between Goblinworks and Paizo when the thing collapsed.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases