Remember when D&D was sold to a gamer and then he turned around and sold it to Hasbro

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
Peter Adkison bought D&D from the failing TSR and gamers rejoiced because the beloved franchise was returning to the hands of a fellow gamer... and then he turned around (after a bit of time) and sold it to Hasbro (along with MtG etc). (Cant fault him though, he had health issues) Who of course promised to keep it run by "gamers". .......

Good times.

So for the record D&D went from Gamer - Business - Gamer - Business. So some rich gamer should be buying the possibly failing D&D license in another 5 years or so... if the pattern holds. Anyone got a spare $44 Billion they want to throw down a trash chute?

Of course Hasbro has enough clout they may just hang onto it forever because they can. Even if it ends up as just a brand name on a piece of paper in a filing cabinet at HQ somewhere.

Anywho I'm just partially joking. D&D isn't really going anywhere. Just thought the Gamer/Business/Gamer thing is/was hilarious.

Last edited:

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
With Hasbro, D&D will LIVE FOREVER!

dungeons-and-dragons-monopoly-1269857.jpg

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
It's almost like if a Gamer makes their Gaming a Business... their Gaming becomes a Business and stops being a Game.

So for the record D&D went from Gamer - Business - Gamer - Business. So some rich gamer should be buying the possibly failing D&D license in another 5 years or so... if the pattern holds. Anyone got a spare $44 Billion they want to throw down a trash chute?
the problem is the new buisness (hasbro) wants the IP to grow.

GI Joe, Transformers, My little Pny, Magic the Gathering, and D&D can all sit on a shelf for 4-10 years then make a resurgence. I doubt they WOULD sell it unless it was for crazy money just to get Hasbro to consider it.

Remove ads