• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

renau1g's Fort Belurian Adventure [Pathfinder]

Leif

Adventurer
"Iffy" P. Quackenbush

Catching Sialilyth's wink, Iffy smiles and struts a little more. "That's right, baby!" he thinks, "Keep on dreaming and who knows, you might even get you a taste of this one day."

Iffy's lip involuntarily curls slightly as he sees the barbaric pair with their nasty pipes.

[sblock=OOC re: colors]I put Iffy's speech in dark orange, but I thought it might be helpful to put thoughts in a different color, as well as italics, to differentiate even further. I'll change this if it's a problem.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
The dwarf nods greeting to Vernon. "And I be Baelor, called "Badaxe" by some. Warrior and sneak, by trade." He smiles crookedly. He reaches in his pouch for a bit of tobacco to share with the guardsman, taking a close look at the man's briar. "A nice briar, you have there. Here, try a bit o' this now."

Scotley

Hero
Rych Inalys Human Wizard

A somewhat portly human of Chondothan stock walks somewhat unsteadily onto the deck. "I'll grant you it is beastly hot, but its all this damnable rocking back and forth with the waves that I can't stomach, pun intended," he adds after a pause. He puffs on a long thin pipe of ancient style marked with dwarven runes and it fills the air with the sweet smoke of expensive halfling grown pipeweed of the highest quality. He wears a loose cotton shirt, canvas and rope sandals and knee length trousers. He is obviously planning to win any contests for the largest blade as he wears a massive two handed sword on his back. The jeweled circlet and ruby ring he wears and his taste in pipeweed suggest wealth. He smiles despite his bouts of seasickness and joins the group at the rail. He appears to be entering the later half of his fourth decade given the graying of his hair and beard as well as the lines around his eyes and at the corners of his mouth. He examines you all causually as he approaches though perhaps his eyes linger a bit longer over the curves of Maighan and Sialilyth. "Nice tats" he finally says to Sialiyth, "who's the artist?" His accent and crisp diction suggests he was educated at a private finishing school perhaps in Waterdeep.

Leif

Adventurer
"Iffy" P. Quackenbush

Iffy sees Rych Inalys eying "his" woman, and rises to the challenge. "My what a vast blade you have there, Sir! Compensating for something, I see. ;) Dratted luck, that!" Iffy pats his dagger, and continues, "I have the opposite problem."

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Baelor raises his eyebow at the gnome. "And what o' we that wield large axes in combat, my lil' friend?" asks the dwarf, a hint of amusement in his low voice. "Are we too then compensating?" He takes another long puff on his meerschaum, and after savoring the taste of the pipeweed for a few moments, blows out a series of smokerings.

Leif

Adventurer
"Iffy" P. Quackenbush

"I'm sure I wouldn't know, Mighty Dwarf. But, ah, I would only observe that it is often the guilty conscience that speaketh when wisdom calleth for silence." ;)

[sblock=renau1g]Ooops! Looks like I may be needing a replacement character wayyyyy sooner than anyone anticipated! :D[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
The dwarf smiles, his trademark crooked smile, and continues to puff on his pipe. "So tell me, li'l one," he says to the gnome. "What be yer speciality?"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Mourn Braegan

Mourn smiles again at his new comrades good natured banter.

It's good to be a part of a group again. My 'darkness' and old understanding of Kelemvor's calling have kept me apart from humanity for too long. Maybe with this crew I'll be able to put my sorrows behind me for good and all and to hold to this uncharacteristically positive frame of mind that's seized me.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
A master of the art of the blade dance once said, 'it is better to be in silence and others think you a fool, then to open your mouth and prove it.' thinks vernon, as smoke is slowly exhaled from the corner of his mout. a slight smile curves his mouth corners as he is enjoying the pleasure of the fine pipe weed and the knowledge that he will keep his opinion in this verbal fence to himself. after a couple more puffs he produces his tobacco and offers it to the dwarf in silence.

After a while he lets his gaze drift accross the horizon, never allowing the vision of one, even with the advantage of the hight of the crows nest, lest a pirate advance while the lookout is looking in the wrong direction, or worse, the look out having been paid to look the other direction.

Scotley

Hero
Rych

"No doubt this little one is a court jester who lost his motley in a card game. For certainly only a fool would tease a stranger so." The portly wizard smiles, "but worry not my diminutive friend. I am not 'compensating' as you suggest, for this little blade is not so large as it seems. Why it is light as a feather." At that the blade seems to leap from its scabbard of its own accord. It floats in the air a few feet above Iffy's head. "Where you to persist in your contention that the sword is large to compensate for some lack in my anatomy I might be convinced you are correct. Were I to believe the blade so large, I might no longer be able to hold it up with a mere thought." The big sword wavers in the air just a bit, but stays poised directly over Iffy. "Should you convince me, I might well concede you have the wisdom of two Gnomes. Of course the blade would fall and you'd be two Gnomes." The wizard remains calm and smiles throughout. The blade drops a few inches and then leaps back into its scabbard.

Remove ads