renau1g's Thunderspire Labyrinth

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Sargil leans back in his chair and lets out a sigh with a wisp of smoke. "I don't want to just sit around and watch while these filthy goblins go on with their 'business'," the dragonborn says in exasperation.

"But ... you have a point. There's more going on here than we know, and while I hope that these Mages aren't aiding and abetting slavers, if they are it presents a much larger problem than we first thought. And I wouldn't put it past ogre-hiring extortionists to have a hobgoblin slaving ring on the side." Sargil closes his eyes and massages his brow with one hand, muttering, "Why can't it ever be as simple as 'kill the goblins'? Some people just have to make it complicated."

"Well, Mr. Cautious, where do you suggest we begin?" he says to Saph. "Or does Rendil have any suggestions?"

Last edited:

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Saphalaxis looks over at Sargil as he's talking, and he snorts once and puts down his food as the warrior is finishing up. "As simple as 'kill the goblins'? Is that all that concerns you? Just getting to take a life? If that's all that matters... you don't need us for that. Just go out into the forest and I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find and kill as many goblins, kobolds, gnolls, hobgoblins, orcs, bugbears, owlbears, dire bears, dire boars, dire rats, and troglodytes as you need, to satisfy your bloodlust."

The rogue raises his nose a bit and says with a haughty voice "Personally, I do not kill indiscriminently, and thus have no desire to go rushing off just to find 'targets'. And I would imagine my employer is of similar mind on that score." He glances over at Vio for his reaction.

"As far as where to begin... I would think interviewing various people in the Hall who have dealt with the slavery or kidnapping would make the most sense. Perhaps the local constabulary would have more information." Saphalaxis then reaches for another set of ribs and continues to eat.

Redclaw

First Post
You go too far, Saphalaxis, Patresh rumbles in frustration. You know as well as the rest of us that Sargil's goal is helping those unfortunates who have been taken as slaves. Killing the goblins is a straightforward way of dealing with the issue. As warriors, we approach problems in such a way. Not all of us are as skilled in skulking around, or away from, challenges as you are. His glare leaves little doubt of his opinion of Saph's true motives.

Now, I am willing to listen to reason. We can ask such questions, and I will assist in doing so, but tomorrow we set out to find the Bloodreavers and rescue their prisoners. Unlike some, I can not sit by, enjoying what luxury is available here, while knowing that innocents are suffering in the hands of these hobgoblins.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Saphalaxis smirks... knowing that his response to Sargil's flippant comment about how just casually killing things is the easiest method of problem-solving... must have hit Patresh a little too close to home.

Patresh said:
Unlike some, I can not sit by, enjoying what luxury is available here, while knowing that innocents are suffering in the hands of these hobgoblins.
"Well you really ought to give it a try then... it is rather relaxing and calming once you get used to it." The blue dragonborn leans back in his chair and interlocks his fingers back behind his head.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Vio

Vio nods and gives a small smile. His more well-intentioned friend were shown to be outsmarted by his brawny bodyguard. No surprise really, that is why he hired Saph, smarter than he looked. He waves his arm over the plate of ribs in front of Saph, as if he was trying to decide on which rib to pick. A few words mumbled into his mug of ale, and Vio decided on the piece of meat, picked it up a took a bite. He winced and threw the bone down. "Agghh! How can you eat these? They taste of manure and cow cud!"

Vio takes another long draught of his ale, and lets a subtle wink go the way of the other two dragonborn. "Let's go out on the town and see what we can find out. We leave in the morning."

[sblock=ooc]Great RPing guys keep it up. I cast prestidigitation on Saph's food, making it taste horrible.[/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
Yanwer watches the whole conversation with interest, his big pupil-less eye cavorting wildly.

When Vio announces they're leaving he makes to get ready too (which consists mostly of wiping his mouth).

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Vio said:
"Agghh! How can you eat these? They taste of manure and cow cud!"
Saphalaxis looks at Vio like he has two heads. "Manure and cow crud? What are you talking about? These things are excellent!" He leans forward again and grabs another rib, the sauces dripping down his fingers. "I think all that blood you ingest has destroyed your taste buds. If you really think these ribs--" The rogue opens his mouth and stuffs the rib into his maw and bites down... and suddenly his eyes pop out of his head! With a cough and a gag, he spits the rib out... and in a perfect spit-take, sauce splatters over everything (especially on Sargil's tabard across from him)... and the bone flies across the table, knocking Saph's flagon over and spilling a flow of ale across the wooden tabletop.

"Gah!!! What-- what the-- What happened?!" He scans the room looking for the halfling. "Rendil! What are you trying to pull here?!? What is this?!?"

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Sargil looks down at his soiled tabard, slowly wiping the meat and sauce off of Kord's fist. "Excellent. Nothing strikes fear into goblin slavers more than a fire-breathing barbecued rib with a sword," he says drily. "Apparently the luxuries don't last!" he announces, his mouth gaping open in a grin, giving Vio a responding conspiratorial wink. "Alright Saph, I think that's our signal. Let's go learn the lay of this land, so to speak."

Redclaw

First Post
Patresh stands as well, a knowing look passing between him and the wizard. Aye, he responds to Sargil's words. Let's see what we can learn, and then be off about our business.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Vio

Vio stands from his seat at the table, finishes his drink, and begins walking to the door. Once outside, he looks both ways down the street, trying to spot the ogre that was around earlier.

Remove ads