renau1g's Thunderspire Labyrinth

Redclaw

First Post
What a surprise, Patresh does his best to match Saph's drawl. He wants to sit on his butt and eat, rather than actually helping those in need. His look turns serious. Do you think those in the slaver's cells would support your plan for us, Saph? Personally, I think they would rather have us working to free them as quickly as possible. It is our duty to use the skills we have to liberate those being oppressed by these Bloodreavers. Anything less would be criminal of us.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Patresh said:
Do you think those in the slaver's cells would support your plan for us, Saph? Personally, I think they would rather have us working to free them as quickly as possible. It is our duty to use the skills we have to liberate those being oppressed by these Bloodreavers. Anything less would be criminal of us.
While furiously chewing, Saphalaxis raising a finger and wags it at the warlord. "This is not the time for hyperbole... people's lives are at stake. In no way is spending time to analyze the situation a criminal offense, and it should not be treated as such. We will not be arrested if we meticulously plan our slave break, so don't try acting like we will."

He swallows the rib meat in a gulp, drops the bone on his plate, and then reaches for another. "As far as what those enslaved by the Bloodreaver actually want... you shouldn't try and speak for them either. Who knows what they want? They deserve more than your pity... thinking that you know better than they do what they do and don't want, when they do or don't want to break free."

He shakes his head and purses his lips (while licking some of the sauce off of them.) He says quietly, ever-so-slightly in a mocking and bemused way... "Shameful. Shameful, it is."

renau1g

First Post
As you are discussing the plans and timing of your attempted resuce the door opens and a towering humanoid enters the inn, his appearance stopping all conversations in the inn. Rendil blanches a bit at the arrival of an ogre, with a trio of heavily armed orc in tow.

The ogre scans the room, taking in the patrons and drinking in the fear that they are exuding. He saunters over to the bar and slams a heavy fist on the table, leaning in close to the elderly matron behind the bar. Rendil looks over at you and shakes his head in warning, if anyone makes a move to stop him.

"You gots the payment for the Mages?" the ogre says, his mouth filled with yellowed, broken teeth. The matron nods slowly, and goes into the back room, reappearing with a sack, which she hands over to the ogre. "Here you go Brugg, 20% of what we made last month, just like always" she says.

The ogre looks into the sack, apparently satisfied, turns to the onlookers. His beady eyes fix on you, and he stomps over to your table. The stench is palatable as he leers at you, "Who're you? WHattya doing here?" Brugg says.

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
When the Ogre approaches the table Yanwer quickly removes the finger he was using to plug the closest ear and offers his hand; apparently quite oblivious to the fact that the person in front of him is in any way unusual.

We're unemployed! Do you know where we could find work?

The young man's voice has a lilting quality that reminds people of strange pipes playing; and his simple smile and bearing are that of a simpleton. The sort of unintelligent person most people seek to avoid and ignore.
Bluff [Nat20=30].

EvolutionKB

First Post
Vio

Vio merely shakes his head at both dragonborn. I will eternally tell Patresh to keep his holier-than-thou scaly snout out of things and I will have to fight tooth and nail for my bodyguard to actually be willing to take a risk now and then. The eladrin is about to taste one of the his companion's ribs when the ogre walks in, drawing all attention. Seeing his party draw the creature's attention, as well as the boy's first remark, Vio tries to play along...

"Well...what my simple companion is trying to say I think is true. No employer has given us a job. Would you like to sit down and have a few drinks with us, and tell us about your bosses? I am a mage myself and having never visited this place before knowing other mages would be quite beneficial to your bosses as well as myself."

[sblock=diplomacy: nat 20: 29]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1754573/ [/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Sitting down to have drinks with an ogre? Well, just as long as no one expects me to get friendly with goblins, I can live with it. It will be interesting to see where this goes, too. Sargil leans back in his chair, watching the exchange unfold with some interest. He seems fixed on the ogre, though it's hard to tell whether it is because he's interested in how he'll react or because the paladin doesn't trust the huge humanoid.

renau1g

First Post
The ogre takes the proferred hand in his and and squeezes it with such force that the warlock is sure his hand will break. Satisfied that he showed his manhood (or ogrehood rather), Brugg looks at the smaller humanoid with a look of confusion. "Hmm, you ain't gots work why youse here? The mages ain't here, most of 'em...err,well maybe...uh ferget I said nuthin'" Brugg says, apparently realizing he said too much and storms out of the inn, throing an unfortunate patron into the wall as he walked out.

[sblock=OOC]
Nice rolls...
[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Vio does his best to inconspicuously look around the place for those that look like they may be wizards. If that fails, the Eladrin summons Rendil, and asks him a question. "What was that about? Are you guys paying some mages to keep trouble out of here?"

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
As the ogre wanders off and his employer begins inquiring about mages in the area, Saph nods sagely with a pork rib currently in his mouth. "Shee? There'sh shtuff here we don't know about. We musht shpend our time learning our way around. Can't run off willy-nilly and poshibly upshet that ogre again or any magesh in the area..."

Remove ads