renau1g's Thunderspire Labyrinth

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
As the group walks into the great hall, Sargil gazes at the vast cavern. Wait ... one thing I have to check ... One, two, three, four, five ... yup seven pillars. I hate it when people name things for no reason, he thinks to himself with a silent chuckle. Pretty impressive place.

"So, another one of these minotaur statues, eh? Was this place built by minotaurs, or just minotaur-lovers? It would be interesting to know what the original purpose of these corridors and chambers was," the paladin muses. "Hey Rendil, are there any interesting shops around here? Might be worth checking out what they have to offer before going after those wretched goblins."

[sblock=OOC]Did we come in the NW entrance, #1?

I was wondering, would Sargil know anything about the history of the Labyrinth? Who built it, what it's been used for over the years, that sort of thing? He's got a +9 in History. Doesn't really matter, I'm just curious (and so is our warrior-paladin's inner history buff ;))[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
Vio walks in the middle of the group, looking for those that would cause them trouble. He pays special attention to the drow. He asks their guide, "For how long has your family owned their establishment?"

Redclaw

First Post
Patresh walks at the front of the group, exuding confidence and competance. Having spent years on the road as a mercenary, he understands that the best way to be left alone in such a place is to appear as if you're not worried about it. He listens to the questions his companions ask, and pays attention to the answers, but he keeps quiet for now.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
As they enter the Seven-Pillared Hall, Saphalaxis doesn't even give its majesty a second glance. He keeps his eyes straight on the halfling, looking for any sign or indication of where his family's inn might be. "Never mind all that. Where's the bar? Answering questions is much easier sitting down in a tavern with a mug or five in front of you. Am I right?"

He nods to himself and keeps his feet moving quickly in the direction Rendil leads them. "I'm right."

renau1g

First Post
Vio walks in the middle of the group, looking for those that would cause them trouble. He pays special attention to the drow. He asks their guide, "For how long has your family owned their establishment?"

"Well, for as long as I've been around, so at least 20 years. Dad doesn't really like talkin' about the past too much, so I gave up asking." Rendil replies, walking with a carefree air.

As the group walks into the great hall, Sargil gazes at the vast cavern. Wait ... one thing I have to check ... One, two, three, four, five ... yup seven pillars. I hate it when people name things for no reason, he thinks to himself with a silent chuckle. Pretty impressive place.

"So, another one of these minotaur statues, eh? Was this place built by minotaurs, or just minotaur-lovers? It would be interesting to know what the original purpose of these corridors and chambers was," the paladin muses. "Hey Rendil, are there any interesting shops around here? Might be worth checking out what they have to offer before going after those wretched goblins."

[sblock=OOC]Did we come in the NW entrance, #1?

I was wondering, would Sargil know anything about the history of the Labyrinth? Who built it, what it's been used for over the years, that sort of thing? He's got a +9 in History. Doesn't really matter, I'm just curious (and so is our warrior-paladin's inner history buff ;))[/sblock]

"This whole place used to be a minotaur city, back in the ancient days. Don't know what killed'em all, but now the Mages control this upper level. The Mages of Saruun, I'm sure you know'em, just remember they control this place. They only have one main rule, that's maintain order, anyone causing trouble usually ends up missing." the halfling says as you continue to move through the cavern. As you walk you notice other creatures here, a group of four duergar pass in front of you, not looking up as they move. Most surprising is that a trio of dwarves passed by them with nothing more than a glance of hatred, before continuing on their way.

An orc is speaking to a pair of troglodytes outside a modest looking home, their broken Common is difficult to make out.

Rendil continues his speech "Well, that all depends on what you're looking for. There's quite a few shops down here." he says, and as he finishes he stops and smiles. "We're here" Rendil says as he pushes the door open to the large building.

He gestures for you to follow and sits you at a large table at the back, disappearing for a moment, before returning with a tray of tall mugs, overflowing with ale.

[sblock=OOC]
Yes, you came in NW#1

1d20+9=11 ... nope sorry :(
[/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
Yanwer looks around quietly, he seems to be a bit overwhelmed.

[sblock=OOC]Traveling til next week. Please NPC me.[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
Hmmm... Patresh grunts. How do these Mages feel about you being captured and enslaved by the hobgoblins? he asks Rendil. I'm all for peace when possible, but not at the expense of freedom. He looks around at the many structures in the chamber. I think we may have to wait a while to purchase goods, but rest assured that we'll make this our first stop.

Ah, a lovely home, Master Halfmoon. We thank you for your hospitatility. With a big grin, he walks through the door.

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Haha, I think I can agree with Saph on that one! Rendil, show us to the barkeep!" Sargil announces with exuberance.
[sblock=OOC]Since Kord is basically Thor with a different name ... WWTD?[/sblock]

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
As Rendil brings the tray over, Saph doesn't even wait for the platter to be place down before reaching over and snagging a mug off of it. He immediately takes a long chug off of it, while the other ales get passed about. He polishes the mug off and releases a quick belch, before checking to see if there are any mugs left on the tray (on the off-chance the halfling brought more than one per person.

"Not bad... not bad at all. Slightly bitter aftertaste, but the kind that intermixes wonderfully with a rack of ribs."

He glances over at the doors leading to the back area. "You folks cook ribs?"

Remove ads