• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

renau1g's Thunderspire Labyrinth

Graf

Explorer
Yanwer smiles as his vision goes a little bit lopside and reaches out flexing his hand. In response a glowing white tentacle seems to push through the space and lash around the hobgoblin.
The tentacle grabs the hobgoblin and hauls him through the air, slamming him into the wall next to Vio before depositing him on the ground. [Diabolic Grasp@hobo1: 28vsAC;18DAM and slide 2 south.]

He curses the other remaining hobgoblin [minor:curse hobo3].

renau1g

First Post
Yanwer smiles as his vision goes a little bit lopside and reaches out flexing his hand. In response a glowing white tentacle seems to push through the space and lash around the hobgoblin.
The tentacle grabs the hobgoblin and hauls him through the air, slamming him into the wall next to Vio before depositing him on the ground.

The hobgoblin struggles to get to its feet, blood trickling out of his right ear and most of his teeth lying on the ground. He snarls at Yanwer, but unable to reach him turns his attention to the mage in front of him. The hobgoblin swings his weapon at Vio and catches the mage in the side for a glancing blow, despite the appearance of the transparent shield. However, the divine energies of Sargil's challenge to the hobgoblin punish the transgressor for his attack and he falls to the ground holding his chest.

The other two hobgoblins rush towards Saph and both of their blows connect, altough the dragonborn manages to avoid the worst of their strikes.

[sblock=Yanwer]
I believe you forgot the bonus damage from the hobby being marked:
Curse Damage (1d6=1) ... sorry, bad roll
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]

8 damage to Vio from H1

5 damage to Saph from H2, 6 from H4

Initiative:
Yanwer - 22
Hobby - 20
Warcaster - 18
Vio - 17 <- Current Init.
Patresh - 17
Saph - 13
Sargil - 6
[/sblock]

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Daring the hobgoblin to strike at him, and seeking the preservation of his hired guard, the Eladrin strides across the room standing next to the table and the hostile hobgoblin there. He draws his longsword from it's sheathe and with his other hand, raises his orb, presenting it to his enemies. Flames explode from his position striking those that oppose them, as their hair and skin catches fire.

[sblock=ooc]Did the flaming alcohol have any real effect? and did you include divine challenge damage to hob1? Shield needed as II?[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Move to east of table(or further to affect hob2, hob4 and warcaster.
Minor: Draw longsword.
Standard: Cast Fire shroud (in order hob 2, 4, and warcaster.
Free: Invoke orb of imposition against hob affected nearest me, taking a -3 penalty on saving throw against the fire shroud.
Immediate: Shield if necessary(or not if used as questioned above)
Roll Lookup To hit: 15, 18, 20. 12 fire damage plus ongoing 5(on hit)(save ends)[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]AC: 17
Fort: 14 Ref: 14 Will: 19
HP: 26/34 Bloodied: 17Surges: 7/day (0 used) Surge Value: 8
Basic Attack: Longsword: +4, 1d8-1
Action points: 1
Encounter Powers
Orb of imposition(used)
Icy Terrain(Used)
Fire Shroud(used)
Fey Step
Shield(Current utility spell prepared)
Daily Powers
Sleep(current daily spell prepared)
Healing word
Magic item power[/sblock]

Last edited:

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Saphalaxis breathes a sigh of relief as the warcaster gurgles and falls in a puddle of his own blood... but his relief is short-lived as the two other hobgoblins rush up to him, brandishing their weapons and slashing out at him. Saphalaxis thinks to himself, Well perhaps running off by myself wasn't the smartest idea. This is proven true as he takes several stinging blows, and he begins to breathe heavy.

Standing tall in the back of the chamber, the rogue sees his employer stride into the room, and suddenly a wave of flame shoots out from the wizard, engulfing the hobs. Saph watches the flames dance over their bodies, and he smiles. "Good one, boss!" he shouts to Vio.

This is then followed by Patresh running into the room as well, and the burning the hobs experienced is followed up with a freezing one, as the warlord's breath weapon covers the two in ice. Saph finds a free opening that Patresh sets up for him, and he takes it against the hobgoblin between the two of them.

With that stab, he quickly makes a judgement on who is still alive and who is dead, and he takes action against whoever is left. (OOC: On my turn I will attack the hobgob that is flanked if he is still standing, but if my previous free attack and/or Patresh's attack killed him, I will attack the other hobgob. This other one would not suffer the sneak attack damage I believe, as he is not flanked or giving combat advantage.)

[sblock=Actions]
Free Attack: Basic Melee Attack vs AC [28]
Damage: 1d4+4 + 2d8+3 sneak attack [19]

Attack: Piercing Strike vs Reflex [18]
Damage: 1d4+5 +2d8 sneak attack [16]

OOC: On both the second sneak attack damage roll, and the previous attack last round... I forgot to add my STR bonus to the sneak attack as per my Brawny Rogue ability. So I technically should add +3 for each of these attacks in extra damage to what I've done thus far. However, my newly included Free Attack given by Patresh does include the extra +3 for STR. [/sblock]
[SBLOCK=Stats]
HP: 25/44 | Surges: 6/6 | AP: 1
AC: 19 | F: 16 | R: 19 | W: 15

Exploits Remaining:
Piercing Strike
Riposte Strike
Safewing Amulet

Dragon Breath
Dazing Strike
Setup Strike
Master Of Deceit

Easy Target
Duelist Dagger

Bloodcut Armor
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Good pick up Evo, I forgot about the divine challenge, it was enough to kill him. Unfortunately, his attack hit AC 25, so the shield still isn't enough to protect Vio. Yes, the alcohol did an additional 1d6 damage to the hobby, which I rolled and ended up being 4.

***EDIT: Adding in the additional damage from Saph's ability the warcaster is dead before he can attack. I'll update above.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
Patresh strides forward, ignoring the remnants of the burning alcohol, and enters the battle across the room. Even as he closes with the hobgoblins he unleashes his frosty breath, then shouts, Strike now, Saph, while he's distracted. He punctuates his claim by bringing his sword down on the nearest enemy.

[sblock=ooc] Move Action: move NW, N, N, N, N
Minor Action: Dragon Breath straight N, catching the two hobgoblin warriors, but missing Saph and the warcaster, hits Ref 15 on hob 2, 13 on hob 4, for 7 cold damage.
Standard Action: Hammer and Anvil vs. Hobgoblin 4, giving Saph a free basic melee attack with a +3 damage bonus. Both of us should have combat advantage, as he's flanked. hits AC 22 for 14 damage. [/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Sargil snorts a little tongue of fire as he glances at the hobgoblin who died from his divine challenge. "Idiot," he mutters before charging at the remaining hobgoblins with a roar to Kord, throwing caution to the wind. He gives a great stab with his sword, which elongates into a slender point as the holy runes on the blade glow with divine power.
[sblock=Actions]Move: Run (as in the run action, +2 move and grant CA) 4 N, NW, NE to end directly above Patresh and to the left of the lower hobgoblin.

Minor: Activate Channel Divinity: Divine Strength to gain +4 damage on my next attack.

Standard: Piercing Smite on the upper hobgoblin: 1d20+10=18 vs. Ref, 2d10+10=14. (That's a pathetic damage roll ... hopefully it hits though.) If that hits then both hobgoblins are marked by me until the end of my next turn. [/sblock]
[sblock=Stats]HP: 41/45 | Surges: 12/13 | AP: 1
AC 23 | F 18 | R 17 | W 17
Resist 5 fire, 5 necrotic, 5 poison

Powers:
Holy Strike
Valiant Strike
Divine Challenge
Lay on Hands 3/3

Dragon Breath
Channel Divinity
Piercing Smite
Arcing Smite

Paladin's Judgement
Martyr's Blessing

Lightning Bastard Sword[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Daring the hobgoblin to strike at him, and seeking the preservation of his hired guard, the Eladrin strides across the room standing next to the table and the hostile hobgoblin there. He draws his longsword from it's sheathe and with his other hand, raises his orb, presenting it to his enemies. Flames explode from his position striking those that oppose them, as their hair and skin catches fire. One of the hobgoblin manages to escape most of the blast, but the other is not so lucky.

Patresh strides forward, ignoring the remnants of the burning alcohol, and enters the battle across the room. Even as he closes with the hobgoblins he unleashes his frosty breath, then shouts, Strike now, Saph, while he's distracted. He punctuates his claim by bringing his sword down on the nearest enemy. The hobgoblin twist and turn out of the way of the freezing breath from Patresh, but his sword catches the dodging hobgoblin.

Saphalaxis breathes a sigh of relief as the warcaster gurgles and falls in a puddle of his own blood... but his relief is short-lived as the two other hobgoblins rush up to him, brandishing their weapons and slashing out at him. Saphalaxis thinks to himself, Well perhaps running off by myself wasn't the smartest idea. This is proven true as he takes several stinging blows, and he begins to breathe heavy.

Standing tall in the back of the chamber, the rogue sees his employer stride into the room, and suddenly a wave of flame shoots out from the wizard, engulfing the hobs. Saph watches the flames dance over their bodies, and he smiles. "Good one, boss!" he shouts to Vio.

This is then followed by Patresh running into the room as well, and the burning the hobs experienced is followed up with a freezing one, as the warlord's breath weapon covers the two in ice. Saph finds a free opening that Patresh sets up for him, and he takes it against the hobgoblin between the two of them.

With that stab, he quickly makes a judgement on who is still alive and who is dead, and he takes action against whoever is left. Saph finishes off the enemy he and Patresh were surrounding, dropping the hobgoblin to the ground, his body still burning thanks to Vio's fire shroud.

Sargil snorts a little tongue of fire as he glances at the hobgoblin who died from his divine challenge. "Idiot," he mutters before charging at the remaining hobgoblins with a roar to Kord, throwing caution to the wind. He gives a great stab with his sword, which elongates into a slender point as the holy runes on the blade glow with divine power. It strikes true and the hobgoblin howls in pain.

Following this strike, a small form runs past Saph, slides under the table and with a quick movement, stabs the hobgoblin in the back with a tiny blade. The wound is quite severe, though, and the hobgoblin topples. A halfling is dressed in plain clothing and drops the dagger at the foot of the corpse, he hops up onto the table to look you in the face.

"Why thanks for the bit o' help. I was in a tight spot there, name's Rendil Halfmoon" the halfling says, extending his small hand towards Saph

[sblock=OOC]
Combat's over, Well played - 200 XP for each of you
[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
Patresh looks around, making sure all of their enemies are down, and then turns to the newly discovered halfling. Greetings, master Halfmoon. I am Patresh, and these are my companions Sargil, Vio, Yanwer, and Saph, whom you've already met. It is our pleasure, and honor, to have been of assistance to you. It does beg the question of how you came to be in such dire circumstances, however. While he waits for an answer he gestures to Yanwer and Sargil to search the bodies.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Sargil cleans his sword on one the hobgoblin caster's clothes and sheathes it, then gives a nod towards the halfling. "A pleasure, Rendil. I am Sargil." Then the paladin nods at Patresh and starts searching the bodies of the dead hobgoblins. As he's searching, he asks Rendil, "Would these hobgoblins been part of the Blood Reavers, by any chance?"

Last edited:

Remove ads