• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Repurposing Strixhaven as Arcanix in Eberron

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Not Strixhaven related, but my new Theros game had almost everyone playing Variant Humans, and thus everyone was entitled to a feat at level 1. So I purposefully re-wrote, re-edited, and/or created a bunch of feats to be setting-specific non-combat feats that the players could choose from to help sell the themes of the setting. I figured I'd hold off on letting them go full combat on their selections until 4th level when the two non-Humans would get their first choice of feat as well.

Bolares

Hero
I figured I'd hold off on letting them go full combat on their selections until 4th level when the two non-Humans would get their first choice of feat as well.
Well, even if they go full combat at level 1... it just means you can get more spicy monsters earlier :devilish: :ROFLMAO:

TheSword

Legend
I do think that having a Warforged be a member of witherbloom is a bit odd as they are constructs. Also they’re not known for being the most spiritual. Other than that it looks good.

Bolares

Hero
I do think that having a Warforged be a member of witherbloom is a bit odd as they are constructs. Also they’re not known for being the most spiritual. Other than that it looks good.
Well, they are organic constructs. And for being spiritual, there are a lot of depictions of cleric or paladin warforged in the official books, and there are two official (if small) religions around them.

Well, they are organic constructs. And for being spiritual, there are a lot of depictions of cleric or paladin warforged in the official books, and there are two official (if small) religions around them.
Yeah, my take was that this character is a Reforged druid that leans heavy into their and their fellow beings connection to the primordial dragons.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
It’s a good house rule. I wouldn’t make it background specific though. There are going to be lots of different nobles and lots of different urchins. Don’t take the flexibility away.
IMO the best way to go is to say, “use your background to explain the features contained in it”.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads