Request: Adjudication of Armor Bonus

Benben

First Post
Armor Speical Ability: Immune to Force Effects
Benefit: The character who wears this armor is immune to all force effects. Any damaging spells with the force descriptor do no damage, and any force defenses or force obstacles are ignored by the character.

I think that this should be a +3 to +4 enhancement bonus.

Opinions?

kreynolds

First Post
Walk through Walls of Force, immune to magic missile, immune to Arcane Bolt, etc, etc, but worst of all, immune to a Force Dragon's breath weapon. +6, or +5 at the very least.

Corwin

Explorer
Hmmm. Tough call. I'd probably be OK with +3 too. Though I wouldn't be opposed to it being +4. I do think +5 is probably a bit too high though.

75% Fortification is +3 also. So, I can see it around that level of power.

Now that I thinkk about it, doesn't MoF have a weapon ability that makes you completely immune to a single spell? I don't have the book here, but I'd start there, figure out how many force spells there are, and try to figure out the difference.

Also, maybe look at the price for a Broach of Shielding and consider that in some small way?

Good luck with all that.

kreynolds

First Post
Corwin said:
Now that I thinkk about it, doesn't MoF have a weapon ability that makes you completely immune to a single spell? I don't have the book here, but I'd start there, figure out how many force spells there are, and try to figure out the difference.

I'm not sure, but I know it has Proof against Transmutation, which grants you virtual immunity to the Transmutation school, and it's +6. Thinking about it some more, this wouldn't give you immunity to an entire school, so +5 or +6 is definately too high, but I think +3 might still be too low. A +4 modifier sounds good to me.

Benben

First Post
kreynolds said:
Walk through Walls of Force, immune to magic missile, immune to Arcane Bolt, etc, etc, but worst of all, immune to a Force Dragon's breath weapon. +6, or +5 at the very least.

Well it is made out of my homebrew world's equivalent of a Force Dragon, so the resistance to the breath weapon is warranted.

Benben

First Post
Now that I think about it, +3 will allow it to be a little more common, which will force arcane casters to rely on other first level spells, and might decrease the universal appeal of Magic Missile.

kreynolds

First Post
Benben said:
Well it is made out of my homebrew world's equivalent of a Force Dragon, so the resistance to the breath weapon is warranted.

Convenient. ;) However, I would like to point something out. The idea that a suit of armor, made out of a force dragon of less power than that found in the ELH, granting completely immunity to force effects is a bit of a stretch. The power gained from a dragon should be equal to the dragon itself, not greater.

Last edited:

Remove ads