Request for Dedication to Gary Gygax

JeffB

Legend
Scott, though I have had my ups and downs with this new incarnation of D&D, you have always come across to me here as genuine, and a class act: Thank You for cementing my opinion further today with this dedication to Gary.

sckeener

First Post
Thanks Scott.

He meant a lot to so many people beyond role playing games.

He influenced the last 27 years of my life. D&D was a big part of it, but it was the small things that made the biggest difference...I can't think of a single aspect of my life that hasn't been shaped in some part by him.

One question for anyone: Is there any sort of collection being done?

Does anyone know? I'd like to be doing something beyond just typing these words. I'd love to attend the funeral, but I believe it is going to be a Family and Friends ceremony (as it should be.) Is there a charity that the family would like donations to go to?

hunter1828

Butte Hole Surfer
Thanks Scott and WotC.

Right now, all I can think about is Gary's last line from the episode of Futurama he was on, and it's fitting.

"Anyone want to play Dungeons and Dragons for the next quadrillion years?"

Tehnai

First Post
I thank The Rouse for the swift answer.

If it wasn't for the game, I'd be even more lost than I am today.

Gary Gygax, you made the last 9 years more bareable for me, and wherever it is you're going, thank you.

I think this dedication is the least WOTC and the gaming community can do to honor the man who made a whole lot of us who we are today.

Remove ads