D&D 5E Request for Venger - 5e style

The Skeleton Warrior episode was my personal favorite. Have skeleton warriors been updated to 5E? I'm not near my MM ...

I'm thinking unicorns as barbarian animal companions might be a little overpowered, though.

Selvarin

Explorer
Nope, they aren't in the MM. Not 'essential' enough, which means your own conversion or wait for the next MM follow-up book. As for Uni, I bet it wouldn't take much to write up stats for a baby unicorn (5 HD, only one legendary action, fewer innate spells).

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I don't know if they are still packaging it with the booklet, but mine has stats on all the main characters, including shadow demon. Find this version if you can!

Cool fact: Plane Sailing here at ENW actually created the shadow demon in the original Fiend Folio. I am delighted every time I see the show.

Moorcrys

Explorer
Cool fact: Plane Sailing here at ENW actually created the shadow demon in the original Fiend Folio. I am delighted every time I see the show.

That's so awesome! Man... shadow demon was my favorite bad guy in that show when I was a kid. It ran when I was 11 or 12. It may seem dated and cheesy to folks now, but I remember soooo looking forward to Saturday to see the newest one. So cool. I still pop it in the DVD player every once in a while when I'm feeling nostalgic. B-)

Warlock might be good for Venger - he has to be very high level, though. One of my favorite shows in the series was the one where the wizard Kelek is capturing all the unicorns and stealing their horns to increase his own power. In that episode Venger mass polymorphs a bunch of worg wolves into pups and then casts the imprisonment (burial) spell on Kelek himself at the end. That's in addition to the constant eldritch blasting that he always does. There's no 5e equivalent of a mass polymorph spell, but worgs are only CR 1/2 creatures. I could imagine an eighth level custom spell in his repertoire that could do the trick with them, leaving the 9th level warlock mystic arcanum slot for imprisonment.

Not that I've thought about it. ;-)

Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
I thought I'd seen every iota of art from 2nd edition. Not that one though...

Oh yeah. Clyde Caldwell. The Dragonlance calendar...would have had to be 1987 or '88?...don't think it was later. I had images from it (not this one, but others) and the preceding Chronicles-focused calendar on my walls in high school. Obviously, this depicts a scene from the Legends trilogy. So whatever year after those were all released.

Remove ads