Request: Keep GSL-related discussions here / merged with Should OGL subjects that...

Should OGL subjects that affect D&D/4e be left in the General/4e forums

• Yes

Votes: 54 88.5%
  • No

Votes: 7 11.5%

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I must say that I'm not very clear on why those discussions don't belong in general and 4e...

In general I dislike the proliferation of sub-forums. The WotC and Paizo boards are very difficult to navigate for me.

mxyzplk

Explorer
The OGL forum has like 5 threads from the last long ass time - is it worth having it as any kind of separate sub-forum? It won't add notably to the traffic on the main forum.

Ydars

Explorer
So Mortals! My Evil plan to force all of you to post in obscure areas of this forum is working!

You Fools!!

MUHAAHAAHAAHAAA!

Delta

First Post
Morrus said:
Bearing in mind that when 4E launches, the forums will have some major rearranging anyway (so anything done now is only a short term thing while we decide how we want things set up for 4E), a compromise I might suggest is that the OGF-L forum could be moved up into a sub-forum of the 4E forum.

Wouldn't that massively confuse things -- they've specifically announced that 4E is not OGL?

AZRogue

First Post
Morrus said:
Bearing in mind that when 4E launches, the forums will have some major rearranging anyway (so anything done now is only a short term thing while we decide how we want things set up for 4E), a compromise I might suggest is that the OGF-L forum could be moved up into a sub-forum of the 4E forum.

Morrus, it's your decision and I'll respect it regardless, but I would prefer, personally, if you just allowed "GSL impacting 4E/how it relates to 4E" threads to remain in the 4E forums. I would say the 4E part trumps the license part, which no one has seen anyway, if you know what I mean.

Specific threads discussing actual points of the license or how best to use the license, which we haven't seen yet, should go to the OGF-L (or GSL) forums. In my opinion.

Jasperak

Adventurer
I think that relegating a subject that has made the industry what it is today down into the bowels of the forum list does a disservice those that are trying to keep up-to-date on 4th-edition scoops. I would have never learned about this issue had I not followed through about three different links.

I use EN World as my only news source and connection to a hobby that I have been involved with for 20 years, since Dragon and Dungeon disappeared. Filtering an issue that may have serious repercussions on the industry sounds like a bad idea. I wonder how many people will actually see this thread. :\

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Morrus said:

You don't want to mix OGL and GSL threads after 4E's launch, maybe not now even. There is enough confusion among pubs, let alone non-pubs.

arscott

First Post
As someone who only hangs out in General, 4e, and the specific sub-forums on the topics that typically interest him, I agree with the OP.

I don't come to the OGL forums because I don't really care about the nitty-gritty legalese. And I really don't want to have to go around checking sub-forums just to find posts like the "GSL might not happen" stuff. The reason the 4e news forum exists is so that I can find out news related to 4e.

But we've got 4e House rules in there (despite the seperate House rule forum), Original 4e PCs (Despite the Rogue's Gallery), and a great deal of stuff that might as well be in General. Why does actual 4e news get sent the OGF-L?

Remove ads