• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[RERECRUITING] Clockwork, Steam & Sorcery

Argent Silvermage

First Post
I would say that Uriel's Gnome and My Dwarf are good friends. Forge would be looking to make friends with a Mechanist. Just think what they could create together. an Enchanter and a mechanist.... Cool.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Yup, get a Dwarf and a Gnome together, especially if they are silly...I mean, me, of course. Argent is NEVER silly. :|

Wait till you see my Spanner (Heavy Mace). KAPOW!!! And little crossbow heads with cool special effects, and wind-up toys and...and...er. Sorry.

Krug

Newshound
Since we have an enchanter already.. :)

Linda Duxton, Half-Elven Druid 1
Str: 9 Dex: 12 Con: 10 Int: 13 Wis: 16 Cha: 14
HP: 8
AL: N
Spells:
0th level: Cure Minor Wounds, Detect Poison
1st level: Entangle, summon Nature's Ally I

Skills: Animal Empathy (+6/4 ranks), Handle Animal (+6/4 ranks), Heal (+7/4 ranks), Knowledge[Nature] (+3/2 ranks), Wilderness Lore (+7/4 ranks), Spellcraft (+3/2 ranks)

Feats: Extend Spell

Animal Companion:
Slash, Wolf

Thesis: Integration Wildlife with Technomancy forms

Linda seeks to revive nature, but in combination with technology. She can be haughty and spoilt, and prefer the company of her animal companions (her room is filled with pets), but she's quite a fun person to be with if she's not in her moods.

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Uriel_fire_of_Heaven said:
Yup, get a Dwarf and a Gnome together, especially if they are silly...I mean, me, of course. Argent is NEVER silly. :|
He's right I'm NEVER silly. In fact I'm one of the dullest people I know. Course I think a weasel on extacy is boring. *snicker*

arwel

First Post
Elias Kaerlennon is the heir to a dutchy in Marguard. His father seeing that knowledge and technology are now the keys to power in this new age of reason sent his son to the most prestigious seat of learning in Camos. Unfortunatley Elias has little intrest in his studies and spent much of his time slacking off. Now that he has started on his Alchemy thesis entitled "Brewing a better soldier: Performance enhancing compounds for the military" he finds himself completley out of his depth and is heading for abject failure. His father will not tolerate such an expensive failure.

Does this sound ok? I think I'll stat him as a fighter or psychic warrior. I'll post him here when he's done.

loxmyth

First Post
Sixchan, would it be a problem to change your major to something else? While I'm fine with the character being focused on thieving, I don't think it's something a school would give a degree for :D Your back story is fine, however; I was thinking that maybe she studied the humanities or the arts or something and just scraped by, and is still in school basically because her father wants her to be "legitimate". Also, would it make sense to raise her age slightly? Unless she's supposed to be genius level smart, then I guess it would be fine.

Otherwise, everything looking good. I'll crunch the numbers when I get a chance, and I guess we're just waiting on complete characters. When we've finished fleshing them out here I'll put up a Rogue's Gallery thread.

Uriel_fire_of_Heaven: looked over the Mechanist, and it looks fine at first read-through. Some of the higher-tech stuff will need to be excised for this game, but in any case I may muck around with the class a bit (if it's over- or underpowered). If you don't mind being a bit of a guinea pig, I'd love to have a gnome mechanist in this game!

Sixchan

First Post
loxmyth said:
Sixchan, would it be a problem to change your major to something else? While I'm fine with the character being focused on thieving, I don't think it's something a school would give a degree for :D Your back story is fine, however; I was thinking that maybe she studied the humanities or the arts or something and just scraped by, and is still in school basically because her father wants her to be "legitimate". Also, would it make sense to raise her age slightly? Unless she's supposed to be genius level smart, then I guess it would be fine.

Ah, I was under the impression that the academy was more of a..err...martial academy, and she would be training in espionage.

But OK, in that case she studied military history, and her thesis was "Shadows of war: How Espionage wins battles"

Also, I put her age lower because I was thinking that since in RL people left school earlier, they could enter University earlier, and her father pressed her into University to get her out of the way for a while anyway. And 14 is above average for an intelligence score, so while she's not a genius, she's pretty smart.

EDIT: I did some checking, and I think an Intelligence of 14 translates to a 140 IQ, meaning she is a genius...

Last edited:

loxmyth

First Post
Sixchan said:

Ah, I was under the impression that the academy was more of a..err...martial academy, and she would be training in espionage.

That's fine... I guess I wasn't clear that this is mostly an academic school. Military types would come here to train to be officers, but most of the physical training would be at a military academy (or in your case, you picked it up at your theive's guild).

Sixchan said:

But OK, in that case she studied military history, and her thesis was "Shadows of war: How Espionage wins battles"

This is great. Thanks!

Sixchan said:

Also, I put her age lower because I was thinking that since in RL people left school earlier, they could enter University earlier, and her father pressed her into University to get her out of the way for a while anyway. And 14 is above average for an intelligence score, so while she's not a genius, she's pretty smart.

EDIT: I did some checking, and I think an Intelligence of 14 translates to a 140 IQ, meaning she is a genius...

You have a point... I had always thought that IRL only really smart people were finishing as early as your character will, like the guys who have theorems named after them. But I guess it makes sense and isn't really a big problem, so there's no need for a change there.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads