• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Rests should be dropped. Stop conflating survival mechanics with resource recovery.

mamba

Legend
Then, as said, you're not getting what Im saying and should ask questions that demonstrate you're engaging what Ive already said on the subject.
nah, no longer interested, you had plenty of time to make yourself clear, plus I am no fan of the approach in the first place. I understand enough of it for that.

If you want a game that feels like DND, DCC is the game that does that.
guess what, so does D&D

Not in the new system. As said, more than once, this is not about just dropping rests and doing nothing else.
yeah, apparently smelting and tanning ;) Still do not see why you sleep but not use it for recharges

Well that does explain why you're behaving as you have been. You hate crafting systems and instead of just letting it be you'd rather vent your hate against people who don't hate it.
no, but smelting and tanning is not something you do on the side while journeying. That is what the townsfolks do, not the chars, the chars provide the ingredients and pay for the finished product. I am ok with crafting otherwise, but do not overdo it, certainly not to craft recharge potions I do not like in the first place.

Last edited:

you had plenty of time to make yourself clear

And you apparently had no time to read the multiple times I did so.

Still do not see why you sleep but not use it for recharges

Again, survival should be optional.

Seriously, you and everyone else needs to stop arguing with strawmen. This is ridiculous.

That is what the townsfolk does, not the chars, the chars provide the ingredients and pay for the finished product.

That is close minded and illustrates why Im not getting any sort of good conversation out of this.

Ya'll can just not post if you're not interested. Why the hell ya'll are insisting on starting arguments with me when you have zero interest in the idea to begin with is just beyond understanding.

mamba

Legend
And you apparently had no time to read the multiple times I did so.
or maybe you were not as successful as you think you were. I am not the only one who 'failed'

That is close minded and illustrates why Im not getting any sort of good conversation out of this.
me wanting to play a different style of game than you is close minded, got it

Ya'll can just not post if you're not interested.
no worries, I said so in my last post, it was supposed to be my last, let's see if this one actually is ;)
nah, no longer interested

Last edited:

or maybe you were not as successful as you think you were.

How so. Elaborate. Engage what I said and demonstrate what you're not getting about what I communicated.

me wanting to play a different style of game than you is close minded, got it

Cute quip but clearly I was referring to you dismissing the idea of crafting being a part of a heroic adventure. That was you being close minded. Not this fictional side step you pulled out of thin air so you could still disagree with me.

Remathilis

Legend
Indeed. Runescape is one of the formative experiences Ive had with RPGs of any kind and has remained a consistent influence on my preferences and thinking for how RPGs ought to be structured. Its skill system and how its integrated into adventuring in particular is a big time inspiration more games, especially TTRPGs, should learn from.
Ok, I get it now. (I think).

Not really my cuppa tea. I do play MMO's, but I'm more of an Elder Scrolls Online player where crafting and harvesting is part of the game, but you can survive decently well on found or bought gear. I don't begrudge you your preference though, but it's not what I want to see in D&D.

but you can survive decently well on found or bought gear.

Its not an either/or.

I really don't know where this assumption is coming from what Im saying we should do things one way and no other way, even and especially if it leaves massive gaps in the gameplay, and if those gaps exist do nothing to close them.

At no point did I communicate anything remotely close to this, yet every other person in here keeps pointing out gaps and, rather than suggesting solutions and prompting a discussion, keep asserting that the gaps are intentional, and not just the consequence of answering direct questions without writing an entire book to cover every potential whatabout that wasn't relevant to those questions.

Remathilis

Legend
Its not an either/or.

I really don't know where this assumption is coming from what Im saying we should do things one way and no other way, even and especially if it leaves massive gaps in the gameplay, and if those gaps exist do nothing to close them.

At no point did I communicate anything remotely close to this, yet every other person in here keeps pointing out gaps and, rather than suggesting solutions and prompting a discussion, keep asserting that the gaps are intentional, and not just the consequence of answering direct questions without writing an entire book to cover every potential whatabout that wasn't relevant to those questions.
My point is that ESO does have a crafting system, but you don't have to interact with it if you don't want and my play style has generally been not. I'm not saying yours is bad, just not what I would be interested in.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads