• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Resurrection City IV: Et In Arcadia Ego

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
After a brief bit of discussion, it is determined that Trevor and Dr. Hewitt will take one side of the fair to question, Longtree and Diggory the other. After about twenty minutes or so, the two groups reconvene near the surgeon's wagon. "We've got nothing," Diggory says of the fruits of the interrogation.

Trevor, on the other hand, has talked with, among others, "Dr. Bloodworth" who runs the House of Horrors. "Can't say as I ever fully trusted Miss Harrington," Bloodworth tells you. "Wasn't anything specific, mind you, just a shifty look here and there. And she had no great love Ferencz, I tell you, but I'm guessing you know that. You could say I was sort of their assistant. Odd jobs here and there, ferrying things back and forth. So I hear things. Harrington and Ferencz were always squabbling over what to do with some young fellow or another. Ferencz had his opinions, Harrington hers. And I suppose we know who won that argument." He turns and locks up his wagon. Turning back around, he states, "In fact, it was so bad that unlike Ferencz, Harrington refused to stay here at the fair. She had a room at a hotel in town. The Two Horns, I think."

Felt that Trevor had to get something really, really cool for that first roll of Jim's. ;) I'll deal with those other rolls for in town in a few posts, do what you need to here at the fair first.

JimAde

First Post
Walsingham checks his pocket-watch again... "Well, I think we're about done here," he observes.

[sblock]
Just wanted to keep my hand in. :) If we have time, Trevor will agree that they should go check out the hotel.
[/sblock]

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
"The train arrives at 8:10," Longtree says, "so we have enough time to check into her room at the Two Horns."

You take a cab back into Avebury, where you ask about Harrington, Ferencz and the others, but find out nothing you didn't already know. Before disembarking, however, the cab driver pointed out the Two Horns. The clerk inside the hotel was reticent and maintained that giving out the room numbers of guests was against hotel policy, but he offered up the information freely once he realized there were two men from the Yard present.

"Harrington? Yes, I remember the lady, quite an attractive one she was." When he sees Longtree's grim expression, he gives a start. "Room 47, end of the hall."

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Rapping on the door a few times, Diggory pauses and listens, and hears nothing. He raps a few more times and, after there is still no answer, tries the knob. The door swings open to a darkened room. Longtree holds his pistol at the ready and cautiously reaches around to one of the gaslamps on the wall, which illuminates the room. Madame Sosostris' suite is a normal-looking one. A bed with an elaborately-carved wooden headboard dominates one wall, and off to the side of it is a nightstand bearing a small lamp. One wall bears a desk, beside which is a closet. The room is immaculately clean, and the bed is neatly made.

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
"Hmm." A clever comment escaping him, Diggory moves into the room carefully, looking around for any signs of recent inhabitation.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads