• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Resurrection City IV: Et In Arcadia Ego

JimAde

First Post
"Egad!" Trevor says, quietly stunned. Gathering himself he says to Willie, "Here, take my card. Go to my townhouse and tell Cooper I sent you. I'll join you there later." Turning to Hewitt he says grimly, "Let's see if we can find out what he's up to."

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
"Ye're welcome. May the road rise to meet your feet, Doctor."

In response to Yeats, Diggory thanks him for the wire contraptions. "So the East End is involved. That should make things interesting. I appreciate yer help. Take care of yerself until we meet agin." With a handshake, Diggory bids Yeats goodnight. Now, off to see Inspector Charles and find out what I can find over at the site of Bond's "suicide."

Last edited:

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Trevor and Dr. Hewitt: Near the Tower

Hewitt nods as he and Trevor move out around several carriages and through the crowd to the other side of the street, some distance behind the hobbling old blind man. Near the base of the Minories, the imposing edifice of the Tower of London rising ahead, the old man turns into a small cul-de-sac to your right.

JimAde

First Post
Trevor pauses for a moment, uncertain. He may look harmless, but that one in the morgue was anything but, he thinks. Then he shakes himself and steps forward. "Nothing for it now but to carry on, eh?" he askes Doctor Hewitt. He heads toward the cul-de-sac.

Last edited:

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Insp. Diggory: Broad Sanctuary, Westminster

After about a fifteen minutes' cab ride, Diggory disembarks in front of the stately brick building where he met with Bond just a few days before. As he mounts the front stair, a uniformed police officer comes out to greet him. "Evening, sir," he says, tipping his hat. "I'm afraid this building's off limits to all but police personnel." After Diggory explains who he is and why he's here, the officer shows him upstairs.

In Bond's office are two policemen. One, an older balding man with a thin beard, is leafing through a large pile of files and papers sitting on the desk before him. The other is a younger man, tall and massively built. The older man stands and extends his hand. "I'm Inspector Charles," he says.

Old Fezziwig

"Inspector Charles, it's a pleasure to be meeting ye. Inspector Jamison O'Fingal Diggory." Jamison shakes the hand warmly. "I'd met with Dr. Bond a few days ago on business, and I wanted to come by. He didn't seem like he'd be the type, and I wanted to see if there was anything ye might be able to tell me or if there'd be anything that I might be able to do to help ye."

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Trevor and Dr. Hewitt: Near the Tower

JimAde said:
"Nothing for it now but to carry on, eh?" he askes Doctor Hewitt. He heads toward the cul-de-sac.
"Indeed," says the doctor. He apprehensively follows Trevor in rounding the corner into the small court. Small, dingy-windowed shops and rundown homes line the street, but even they are considerably better than what plagues much of the East End. Men and women of the upper working class mill about. An older, gray-whiskered gentlemen stands in front of an open-air display of fresh fruit. The two men scan the street for the blind man vainly, but after a moment he is spotted.

"There he is!" says Hewitt as you approach the fruitstand. Just at that moment, a carriage passes, and by the time it is gone the blind man is out of sight.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Insp. Diggory: Broad Sanctuary, Westminster

Kajamba Lion said:
"Inspector Charles, it's a pleasure to be meeting ye. Inspector Jamison O'Fingal Diggory." Jamison shakes the hand warmly. "I'd met with Dr. Bond a few days ago on business, and I wanted to come by. He didn't seem like he'd be the type, and I wanted to see if there was anything ye might be able to tell me or if there'd be anything that I might be able to do to help ye."
"Ahh, yes. I've heard about your helping to catch that gang of ruffians in Soho last summer." Charles leads Diggory over to a large window fronting on the street. "This is the window that Bond leaped from. His housekeeper found him. Evidently a simple enough case, at least on the surface of it. Once we investigated, it wasn't so simple. His housekeeper said the doctor'd been somewhat on edge the past few days leading up to his death. She can't say how. Fearful, depressed, stress from one of his jobs for the police?" He wanders back over to the desk and places his hand on the stack of files. "We've been looking throught these to see if we can find any that might provide a lead on his death. But there's none to be found."

Then, "What was the nature of your talks with Dr. Bond, Diggory? Perhaps you can aid our investigation."

Old Fezziwig

"Well, we'd been over there to talk to him about some problems over in Whitechapel — things that we thought were connected to the Ripper murders, sir. We actually went over to the yard fer a look into the files on the Ripper. Didn't quite find what we were looking fer, but we did find some things that helped." Jamison sighs. "Ye know, sir, I think this whole mess is tied up to that lot, the Ripper and his victims. There's more to know that we found out, and it seems it keeps on coming back up. Maybe it's me paranoia, but it seems too likely to not be true."

JimAde

First Post
Walsingham casts about in frustration. "Damn and blast! Where did he go?" he seethes.

After they look about a bit more unsuccessfully he says, "We might as well get back. Let's go."

[OOC: Sorry but I've lost track a bit. If Hewitt does not live in London, I will invite him to stay at my townhouse for the night. I'll also take the opportunity to chat with Willie at a bit more liesure if he in fact shows up.]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads