• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Return to Northmoor OC

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Since Leif wants the leader/healer role, I think I'll go with a fighter-type - probably a Great Weapon fighter with a maul, either base human or a reskinned dwarf. I'm thinking about making him a blacksmith-type.

Just as an aside, I am OK with forgotten realms stuff for chargen, but I don't have the books, so I am unsure how this would work. We would need to work that out. DMG races are fine as well. Reskinning will be necessary.

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Ooh, I may try a Swordmage then, actually, I've been looking for a place to try that out. Still would probably keep a similar concept to before, and still fill the same role, but with some different powers and neat new tricks :)

Leif

Adventurer
Nac Mac, don't let my choice to play a cleric keep you from doing the same, or multiclassing to cleric. I was being purely selfish when I picked cleric, so how can I expect anyone else to do differently? I always have the Warlord fallback position, and I'm not entirely sure that we definitely have a Wizard yet, either, so that might be better for me.....

But, if worst comes to worst, I'm sure we could do just fine, or better than fine with two clerics in the party. We might have to coordinate as far as deities are concerned, but that's no trouble for me. :)

Two clerics is great. Two strikers is great. Two defenders is great. Please, only one controller. It is hard enough protecting one. If two people want it bad enough, then fine, but I think that I would feel better with a more durable party.

As for the warlord, I am not sure how intensely I want to have to stick to a battlegrid. I was thinking of using these http://www.enworld.org/forum/d-d-4th-edition-rules/222338-boardless-combat-rules.html for combat. I am not sure what that will do for the warlord. I really like them as a class, but we might need to work on their utility without a board. I am up for suggestions from others with more experience on this matter.

As for dieties, I would like to stick to a monotheistic "God", "The Creator", "The Light", "The Sheltering Hand". There are other powers like fey and such, but "God" is who clerics worship. Clerics don't have to be professional clergy either. We will stay away from any real world religious conotations, and just make it a very generic diety. This sticks to the post-Roman Irish theme. This will also just be a reskinning of the PHB dieties. Use any game crunch you like.

Leif

Adventurer
So, am I understanding you correctly that clerics in the party may choose any PH deity that they like, as far as domains, grated powers, etc. go, but all of these "deities" are just going to be different aspects/incarnations/ avatars of One All-Encompassing God, who will just be named "God"? So, as far as different granted powers and different domain spells are concerned, it'll be like different ways of worshiping the same God have led to different powers among His followers?

Cool. I like it!

And, btw, if you're not sure what to do with a Warlord, then I would really be up a creek, because I would, most likely, be totally lost with running one properly. And, incidentally, I have exactly ZERO experience at playing one.

Last edited:

You got it.

We could definitely work something out, but I have no experience with them, and it might be hard without a board. I am definitely open to the idea though. I like them as a class.

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Leif, don't worry about it. I'm gonna run with the swordmage concept, as I've never had the opportunity to play one before :) I might do a slightly different concept, having done some more thinking, and play a kind of distracted dreamer type.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Well, if you're sure, Nac Mac. :) ;)

[sblock=Nac Mac Feegle] Incidentally, I've never really forgiven myself for our first interaction on ENWorld, back when you submitted a character to Scotley's/My "Constables of the Fourteenth Ward" game and I pretty much shot down every idea that you threw at us. For what it's worth, I am truly sorry. And, for what else it may be worth, I've been fully resupplied with my medication since then! :lol: j/k[/sblock]

Remove ads