D&D 5E Return to The Temple of Elemental Evil - (full, at the moment)

EarlyBird

Explorer
industrygothica-

No problems with your concept here. As long as you are alright with mother's grabbing their children and merchants diving under their stalls when your character is around. Oh take Folk hero as your background if you wish I think that may help a bit.

Shayuri-

A tiefling who thought she/he was being held back while more unworthy persons were given more responsibility/power. Sounds very cool. Do me a small favor and make your character slightly forgetful lol so as not to march straight through the temple to the end boss (haha).

As for Gensai I believe they are a Forgotten Realms native. Not sure but that other Temple of Elemental Evil was in the Forgotten Realms.

hero4hire-

Great start and we can move him from the City of Greyhawk to Hommlet to help with a small rat problem that is there, thus putting him in the village ready to join an adventurous crew.

Look at the archtypes you get at lvl 3 they could also help develop a backstory as you strive for that goal.

River Song -

I don't envy you they do have much appeal. How about running some encounter concepts in your head and how each would handle them, then see which you think you would have the most fun playing.

concepts
- getting better prices at trade center
- getting by guards
- learning what lies inside the temple from a prison

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
With a little luck and a lot of sweat I believe we can accomplish the lofty goal of hitting lvl 20. Who's with me?
<fist in the air> Hooo! :)

What do you think about tweaking the Fey-pact's spell selection a bit, EarlyBird? Sleep is a fantastic spell, granted, but I can't help feeling sinking mud and grasping vegetation might be a better match for my swamp witch concept? (That would be Entangle instead of Sleep).

And her name will be Rana. Rana the Green, human fey-pact warlock... with a Hermit background, I'm thinking?

EarlyBird

Explorer
Damn, now I have two characters.... I'll have to decide and post.

Sorry about that, just crossed my mind. If River Song's bard is all deceptive/insight you could make your character all history/religion skills and such.

Maybe they are a singing duo you know tenor and tremble (is that how it goes, I'm not sure). It could be the old I'm a little bit country she's a little bit Rock 'n Roll (haha)

EarlyBird

Explorer
<fist in the air> Hooo! :)

What do you think about tweaking the Fey-pact's spell selection a bit, EarlyBird? Sleep is a fantastic spell, granted, but I can't help feeling sinking mud and grasping vegetation might be a better match for my swamp witch concept? (That would be Entangle instead of Sleep).

And her name will be Rana. Rana the Green, human fey-pact warlock... with a Hermit background, I'm thinking?

Then why not Druid?? what is Fey pact giving you that I'm not seeing. Let me dig out my pdf real quick.

River Song

Explorer
River Song -

I don't envy you they do have much appeal. How about running some encounter concepts in your head and how each would handle them, then see which you think you would have the most fun playing.

concepts
- getting better prices at trade center
- getting by guards
- learning what lies inside the temple from a prison

I like that idea, thanks!

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Not really interrested in the whole shape-changing aspect of druids for her. Her base concept is "nature witch"...

We could maybe create a specific Fey patron tied more closely to that side of thing than the generic "Fey" background? Say "The Lady of Thorns" or the like?

Shayuri

First Post
Hah! Coincidentally, I once had a paladin named the Knight of Thorns. Oath of Ancients, ties to the fey; multiclassed as a feylock. :)

EarlyBird

Explorer
Oh I C the sleep spell is from the expanded list and not from the Warlock list itself. I don't wish to start on the downward spiral of changing things, but as with the mule-frog just re-skinning them as we can. So if you want some swamp gas or marsh vines that sprout out of the ground with tiny white flowers whose smell puts all in the area asleep we can run with that.

Effects, rolls, saves and all need to be the same but not the appearance. And As I looked at the druid spells I think things like spike growth, entangle, and stinking cloud would make a good AoE help to the group. And you could still keep the Fey of the Swamp as those who taught her.

EDIT: Yeah no way not to be a shapechanger which is weird. They could have made a circle that lost the ability in place of something else, for those players not wishing to have an ability they didn't want to role play.

Last edited:

Remove ads