• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Return to White Plume -- IC

Scotley

Hero
Valerie Halfling Rogue/Wizard

A tall somewhat thick Halfling with dark hair and eyes and swarthy skin enters the hall with the servant and takes his appointed seat. He has long nimble fingers and an easy smile. His features are somewhat blunt and he is rather plain looking and unremarkable. He wears long side burns and his hair a little long in a duck tail at the back and rather generous on top. A keen observer will note light padded armor some of sort under his clothes only serves to make him look even rounder than he is. He appears unarmed, but for the dagger at his belt. A few telltale bulges suggest there might be another light weapon or two secreted about his person, but it could just as easily be a pipe and tobacco or flask in his pockets. He wears a white shirt with large collars and broad cuff under a jacket of deep red and gold in a paisley pattern. He wears tan knee pants and his feet are bare. He nods a greeting to those already at the table and unabashedly looks them over. He appraises the array of plates and silver before him, but with halflings it is hard to say if he is considering their value or trying to determine how many courses might make up the coming meal.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Aunil relaxes in the chair as much as an elf can. The woodwork in this building was amazing. Parts of it would not be out of place in his homeland. He is still dressed in his normal clothes, dark blue instead of the sterotypical green. Aunil rises as he sees the halfling enter. He gives a slight bow, "Greetings, sir. I am Aunil, captain in the army of the Faerie Queen, protector of the wooded realms." Aunil pauses, waiting for the halfling to properly introduce himself.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
"Well met Valeire. I assume this is not your place of residence, as you have the look of a rather adventerous type, and I would assume this customs of this land are near enough to my own in that the owner of this establishment will not wear armor into his own house." The elf sits gracefully, somewhat intrigued by the halfling. He had seen only a few, but had never spoken to one. This one seemed........ interesting. He looked like a cross between a seasoned veteran and a scoundrel. Aunil smiles warmly at Valeire, wondering what all had occured in this halflings life.

mfrench

First Post
As Gerdan sits by the waterside, praying for guidance, a dragonfly alights next to him and stretches its wings. He notices that instead of the normal two, this insect rather unusually has three wings on each side. As it takes off again and skips over the waters, a fish jumps out and snatches it out of the air. It approaches Gerdan, looks up at him, and then speedily swims away.

Perhaps a portent from the Lord of the Waters?

s@squ@tch

First Post
Percivilis and Jerivan

After receiving the invitation, Percivilis and Jerivan set out for Critwall, to discuss briefly with his superiors the merits of the letter.

After much discussion and divination, the elders of the Holy Shields authorized Percivilis to persue the recovery of the unholy sword, for it could spell the end of their lands if it falls into Iuz's hands. They, however, held strong reservations that such a letter would bear any fruit, thinking one of their brightest young men might be lead into some sort of trap.

Percivilis was unfazed by their skepticism, as he had received a vision from his Lord of a dark blade slumbering in an empty chamber. He knew the letter was legitimate, he felt it in his soul. Convincing Jerivan took little effort, although the young paladin had been looking forward to some quiet prayer, after their last journey into the lands of Iuz.

They both still bore the scars and bruises from their rescue of Prince Laridor from the prison below Iuz's keep in Molag.

They both looked forward to entering the Free City once more, as the friendly people were the salve for both of their souls that they desperately needed.

However, they knew little of this "Roland Shadowlark", but Heironious would not send them on a wild goose chase, so they entrusted their Lord to watch over them once more.

They approached the keep in good spirits, and called out to the pikemen, lauding them for their training and technique. After being led inside, Percivilis scanned the hall, then each person already in the room.

"Forgive our tardiness, milords," Percivilis says,"The road from Critwall has been beset by foul orcs from Iuz's advance scouts, which delayed our arrival."

He nods for Jerivan to take the seat next to him.

Scotley

Hero
Valeire

The Halfling smiles knowingly, "Indeed I am not the householder and as you perceive not native of the city. It seems that the folk of Shadowlark Manor and my people share an interest in finding the same thing. For finding is what I do you see. I wear armor as your sharp elf eyes have noted, such as it is, because I do not know Roland Shadowlark and he has admitted that we are competitors on this quest. Can I presume that you are on a similar quest and received a similar invitation? I had not realized that so many suitors pursue the same prize." He shrugs, "for you have all but admitted by your questions that you know little of the Shadowlarks or why we were brought here. Now I have admitted much and yet as you perceive very little. Share what you know and I will share more. Since we seem to be in similar situation it would be best that we be equally armed against any peril that might await us."

When Percivilis and Jerivan enter the percieve that a halfling seems to be haggling with an elf. "Greetings gentlemen. You must percive great merit in this dinner. I considered not coming though I had to but overcome the evening's traffic to be here." He looks the two newcomers over. "I am Valeire Romanie."

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Aunil stands and bows when the newcomers enter, repeating his greeting and his announcement of rank. "You are hardly tardy noble travelers. Our lord and host have not arrived as of yet."

He address Valeire, "Yes, it is true a letter was recieved. I can only wonder why you would be interested in the same artifact as I. The legends of my people address a magnificent arrow, capable of things that are hard to imagine. Are you indeed after this legend?"

Scotley

Hero
Valeire

"Hmmm, most interesting, for it is a weapon of legend I seek, but not an arrow, rather a sword with a history of dragon slaying."

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Aunil was rather shocked by the mention of dragons, "Forgive me sir, dragons? It has been quite a while, by elven standards, since a dragon has been seen. Alas, I fear that my woods has kept my keen ears shut to the world. Please, enlighten me as to what good this weapon will do you?"

Remove ads