• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Return to White Plume -- IC

Redclaw

First Post
Gerdan stares for a moment at the departing fish, and then nods wisely. The wisdom of the Lord of Storms is revealed once again. The cleric stands and makes his way toward the manor mentioned in the letter he received.

A short time later, he knocks at the door of the palatial home, and is ushered into the dining hall. The tanned and weather-marked human stands in the doorway, relaxed and observant for a moment, then moves smoothly to the table. Any who know what to look for could easily see the seaman's swagger to his walk, and the trident holy symbol of Procan hanging around his neck.

He nods in turn to those already in the roomAhoy, gentlemen, may the Storm Lord guide your travels. My name's Gerdan, by the way.

So, what's the scuttle butt so far? Do you know our course yet?
He looks expectantly at the halfling, figuring he'll know if anyone does.

Scotley

Hero
To Aunil he replies, "our trouble is in the form of Anaksolamoon, a young red dragon driven far from her normal range by the raging hordes of barbarians in the north. Those who might have helped my people with such a threat in the past are all busy with their own troubles and so I have been sent to find Frostedge, in hopes that it might help to slay the dragon."

"Well met Gerdan, I am Valeire. Our course is not yet clear though it seems that we may all have been invited here because we are competitors in quests with our host, Roland Shadowlark. His family is known for being deeply involved with the behind the scenes machinations of this city, at least that is the 'scuttlebutt' on the streets as I have been able to find so far."

Meeting the gaze of all the others in the room he adds, "Now you have my story, what can you add?"

Redclaw

First Post
Gerdan looks surprised at the words of the halfling. I had no reason to believe our host is attempting to steal our wind, good halfling. The message I received suggested he hoped to have me ship with him, not against him.

As to what I can add, I can but tell you that I stear my course by Procan's needle, and that I am searching for a relic of the Storm Lord's demesne. The tides of fate have washed me here, and who am I to doubt?

With that he sits down in the chair opposite Valeire and smiles.

Scotley

Hero
Valeire

"I don't know that we can or cannot trust our host, my letter was in fact quite flattering, but I am cautious and skeptical by nature. Anyway, you seem a pleasant enough company with which to pass an evening, and I know no one else here, so I am content." He glances down at the place setting before him. "I am eager to put this fine silver to use however. Back home a host would not leave a guest at table so long without a drop if not a nibble."

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Redclaw said:
Gerdan looks surprised at the words of the halfling. I had no reason to believe our host is attempting to steal our wind, good halfling. The message I received suggested he hoped to have me ship with him, not against him.

As to what I can add, I can but tell you that I stear my course by Procan's needle, and that I am searching for a relic of the Storm Lord's demesne. The tides of fate have washed me here, and who am I to doubt?

With that he sits down in the chair opposite Valeire and smiles.

Aunil stares at him, somwhat confused. He had never really heard anyone speak that way before. He took a moment and sorted through what the man said, piece by piece he figured it out. "I think we are intended to travel together, as Gerdan feels also." Aunil leans forward and pulls his letter from a pocket. "My letter speaks of joining an exhibition for an artifact. The letter inquires of me scouting for the troupe."

Redclaw

First Post
Gerdan nods, And mine speaks of me navigating our journey, hence my question about our course. I hope that will be acceptable to the rest of you.

mfrench

First Post
The steward returns, and clears his throat. "Forgive the intrusion, but the Lord of the manor has arrived." He makes way for a short, lithe man well dressed in the latest fashions of this most cosmopolitan city. His stride is confident and graceful, and with a flourish, he announces, "Greetings, noble guests! Apologies for the delay, but I was waiting for more to arrive. As you see, the table is set for many, yet few have answered the call. Perhaps others have met some obstacle?

"Ah, but where are my manors? Welcome to the house of Shadowlark. If there is anything you require, simply alert me or Loren here. Loren, please order the drinks, and let us begin the evening in earnest."
He makes his way to the head of the table, and seats himself. "I am your host, Roland. I have asked you each here for a purpose, that we might enter into a fellowship of sorts, and so might all come out the better for it.

"But there is more time for that in a bit. First, let us dine."
Servants with drinks and food begin entering the room and offering to fill the guests' plates and cups.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Aunil eats politely, although the elven standards differ greatly from the ways of others. When he has eaten his fill, he simply sits there quietly and admires the woodwork.

Redclaw

First Post
Gerdan eats heartily, showing the appetite of a man who spends much time at sea existing on simpler food. He pauses to take in as many details as he can of those sitting around the table, trying to assess their potential contributions to the upcoming quest.

Scotley

Hero
Valeire

The halfling dines with Gusto, trying everything and offering complements to Roland when he finds something particularly appealing. Eventually coming up for air he notes that Aunil has eaten little. He comments in Elvish, "I have an elf friend, she eats like a bird too. I did not know if that was a matter of person or race."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads