• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Return to White Plume -- IC

Redclaw

First Post
Gerdan ponders the story and its implications for a moment, clouds of doubt rolling across his features. Then, resolved, he glances around the table at his new shipmates. I have sailed the waters for several years in search of Wavecaller, a legendary relic of the Storm Lord's power. I seek but to return that trident to its rightful place upon his oceans. If I am able to prevent a great tragedy in the process, so much the better. If all agree that Wavecaller will be returned to Procan's care, I will gladly join this voyage.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Percivilis and Jerivan

"The only dispute we will enter into, it seems, is if more than one of the group here has interest in the same weapon of legend." Percivilis says as he looks each of the group directly in the eye.

"Or..." Percivilis gives a subtle nod to Jerivan,"If the planned use of the weapons would include vile purposes."

"Jerivan and I are solely interested in securing the sword known as 'Blackrazor' for the Holy Shields."

He stops to ponder the last part of the story.

"I assume that the other previous owners are dispatching groups to secure their stolen weapons -- for recent history has already shown that the owners are willing and able to do so."

"Or has this become a salvage mission -- in which the group who secures the weapons first, has earned the right to keep them?"

OOC: Jerivan will activate his detect evil ability, taking a long look at each of the group gathered at the table and relay that information to Percivilis

Scotley

Hero
Valeire

"I am willing to join the company with the understanding that 'Frostedge' be given to me for my people in their struggle with the dragon. Unless the slaying of predatory Red Dragons is a 'Vile Purpose'." He looks at Percivilis with a mischievous gleam in his eye. "I would also expect a fair share of any treasure other than the items in question that we might recover. I bring to the table the skills of a finder and arcane diviner."

mfrench

First Post
OOC: Jerivan detects no evil auras in the room.

"Let us begin, then to come to terms. I have requested Whelm; Aunil and the Faerie Queen claim Seeker. Valeire requests Frostedge, and Gerdan Wavecaller. The Hieroneans request Blackrazor, though they seem intent on destroying it. I pose no objection to that, and it would appear that none will be raised.

"The legality of ownership is undetermined; I know that the owners this time tried to organize a search, but could come to no arrangement. If any of their teams finds the treasure, I doubt they will be so magnanimous as to return the other weapons. With the owners from 20 years ago still around, there are many claimants to these artifacts. Who knows whose claim is most valid?

"As a mage of great power, I expect there to be more treasure. That may be divided amongst you by whatever method you wish; it is only fair that the greatest danger earns the greatest reward. The only additional reparation that I require is reimbursement for whatever start-up costs are necessary.

"The only problem that I foresee is the share of Jerivan; though not a principle member, what sort of share would be equitable for him to receive? After all, he will risk as much as any of you."

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
"Is he not a member of this company? Then why should less than a fair share be given to him? His life is worth no less than any of ours." Aunil knows his words are from a strictly elven point of view. The man could be a slave or understudy, which would naturally give him less than a full share, if any at all. "I fear I speak out of turn, for my customs are not the same as your own. Forgive me." Aunil offers a slight bow to Percivilis, and gracefully takes his seat.

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
Percivilis and Jerivan

Percivilis does not need to look at his companion before he speaks.

"Jerivan and I adventure as one entity -- in the service of our God. We need no additional divisions of treasure to be made for us."

Jerivan finally speaks,"Need not worry, for Hieronious sees to it each day that we are compensed for our actions."

The young paladin looks around the room, making eye contact with each member, letting each see the conviction in his eyes.

Percivilis turns to the elf and smiles warmly,"The slaying of chromatic dragons would always be considered a good purpose."

"What other matters should we discuss, while we are seated around this very hospitable table? For I doubt we will see such luxurious surroundings once again until we are finished with our task."

Scotley

Hero
Valeire

Satisfied Valeire speaks, "Well, I'd like to know where we are going and what information you might have about the last time the items were recovered. Any details of the challenges we face would be most helpful."

OOC: It was the halfling who wants to see a dragon slain. ;)

mfrench

First Post
Roland rings a bell, and nods, "Well said, my noble friends. You will leave tomorrow, but there is yet a little business that can be finished while you wait in comfort. The plan precedes like so: I have arranged a few distractions for those who would work against us."

Loren returns, and approaches Roland's chair. "See to it that the guests' drinks are refreshed. Send in the mage, and prepare the messengers. All five will be going.

"There is one precaution that I will be taking, and that is a mage-oath by each member to swear against any sort of treason against our fellowship. It will be a simple oath to keep, it will only have any reprecussions if one of you tries to steal a weapon which you do not claim."

After the servants refill the drinks, a short, bespectacled man enters the room, and silently hands Roland an ornate wooden box. He is dressed in fine robes, and stands waiting behind Roland. Roland opens the box, and explains, "If you wish to join the expedition, simply remove an item from the box, and claim the weapon of your choice.

"I am Roland Shadowlark, and I claim Whelm."
Roland withdraws a small leather sack, and brings the box to the next adventurer at the table.

Scotley

Hero
Valeire

Moving up to the box, Valeire extends a hand and looks to see what is inside, "I am Valeire Romanie and I claim Frostedge."

Remove ads