• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Return to White Plume -- IC

mfrench

First Post
"These will be necessary for you to find Keraptis' lair. The journal is encoded to hide the information; the survivors of the last expedition jealously guarded the secret. I suppose they always had hopes to return and claim the rest of the treasure.

"The clues will rely on the navigator to chart the way. The divining rod is tuned into the artifacts, but the range is not long. Once you get to the mountain, the scout's map will be invaluable. The hunt begins in the former Shieldlands,"
he says, turning to Percivilis.

"I have arranged to depart with some decoys. Passage will be booked with a half dozen ships from here to Wooly Bay, trying to distract our enemies. Gerdan, is there a captain that you trust to bring you across the Nyr Dyv?"

s@squ@tch

First Post
Percivilis and Jerivan

"It seems that you have well prepared us for this journey -- many thanks to you." He says as he nods towards their host.

"We should depart in the morning, for we cannot fall behind in our quest, if there are other parties actively searching for these artifacts..."

The younger man looks around the room again, looking for anything he might have missed when he scanned it earlier -- hoping that spies were not present in their midst.

Scotley

Hero
Valeire

The halfling nods his agreement. "Yes, the earlier the better. I can pack up and be ready well before dawn if need be."

mfrench

First Post
"Very well, we are all set to depart at dawn. Return home to your rooms tonight, and prepare to leave at sunrise. In a moment, the decoys will be here for you to meet. They will arrive in the morning set to impersonate you through enchantment, and draw any unwanted attention away from you. Be wary of anyone other than them.

"You will meet at the docks according to Gerdan's instructions. You sail on the Nyr Dyv tomorrow. If you have any additional provisional requests, leave them with me tonight; we shall try and send them with the decoys in the morning. Any other questions?"

Scotley

Hero
Valeire

"Yes, a good night's sleep in a comfortable bed will soon be forgotten luxury. We should enjoy it while we can. If we are going into the mountains then cold weather and climbing gear as well as rations will be helpful." After mentioning rations, Valeire attacks the remains of his dessert.

mfrench

First Post
"The sea journey will last a week, more or less. Perhaps a more thorough look at the map will give a few ideas on what sort of equipment will be needed."

Attachments

• WPM_ExteriorMap.jpg
    WPM_ExteriorMap.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 140

s@squ@tch

First Post
Percivilis and Jerivan

"Can someone suggest a good Inn nearby? Jerivan and I rode in from the Shieldlands today and have not procured lodgings as of yet. Preferably somewhere with maidens of exquisite beauty and stunning virtue." He says with a wink.

After looking over the map, Percivilis grins and laughs,"Lets leave time to visit this Undead Dragon as well afterwards."

Jerivan raises an eyebrow and says,"An undead dragon? Sure, then we can march from their to Iuz's castle and dethrone him as well. Shouldn't be too much difficulty."

mfrench

First Post
"You are of course welcome to stay here tonight. It would save you time and effort, and even cost. If you are willing, my servants can prepare your rooms while we finish up here."

OOC: The current month is the equivalent of late January, to set the expectations for weather. I've been meaning to clarify that for some time.

Remove ads