• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Returning from the DEAD!!! Redesigned

Darren Ravenshaw

First Post
Raise Dead / Resurrection / Reincarnate: Character to be raised must make a Constitution check(DC 11)(a 1 always fails). If successful character is restored to life as described by the spells, but the character losses a level and a point of Constitution if above 1st level/1 HD, or 2 points of Constitution if 1st level/1 HD. If the check is failed the stress of being raised causes the character to loss a level and two points of Constitution if above 1st level/1 HD, or three points of Constitution if 1st level/1 HD.

True Resurrection: Works likes Raise Dead, except the Constitution check DC is 6.

Thoughts, Comments, Ideas?

Anubis

First Post
You have double penalties even for a success? Getting raised is already bad enough in the game. This might work for games where you want characters to die more often, but those penalties make it more profitable to just make a new character if the original dies. That doesn't work for a truly epic campaign (not epic levels, just epic in general, save the world type of stuff and all that).

I have my own thread down a bit that details my own changes, but I went the other way and made them MORE useful as opposed to less.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads