• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Reveille's Galaxy Building Game

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Okay, here is how this is going to work: player x comes up with a pitch and submits it. It will take two other players the expenditure of one point to support the pitch for it to become a fact. If after 48 hours a pitch is unsupported, it is voided, costing the player no points. If another player doesn't like the pitch, they can voice it (vetoing it) and the pitch will become void costing the pitcher no points. It will require 2 players to voice a veto for it for the veto to go into effect.

The amount of points to make a pitch will depend on the scope of the pitch. It will cost 2 points minimum; 5 points for a pitch limited to a single planet/system (80 systems/spaces per subsector), 4 points limited to a subsector (16 subsectors per sector), 3 points limited to a sector/quadrant (4 sectors total), 2 points if the pitch affects the whole galaxy. Basically, the broader the pitch, the less it costs to make it.

In addition, you can bring the cost of the pitch down by including extra detail. A standard pitch only requires one paragraph, but the summary needs to be enought that everyone understands it. For each paragraph beyond the first, the cost of the pitch is reduced by one point, to a minimum of 1 point. The expanded information must extrapolate from the last bit (paragraph).

Finally, if a player a makes a pitch relating to player b's pitch, it is suggested that player b give player a 1 point. It isn't necessary, but it encourages linking pitches together.

Post #2 will be reserved for the list of pitches that become facts. Play will be in username alphabetical order, starting with Blackrat.
[D]-[/D]Active
Blackrat - 199 points
Captin Tagon - 197 points
DarwinofMind - 196 points
Nephtys - 200 points
Reveille - 198 points

Last edited:

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Fact #1: Remnants of several different ancient races can be found throughout the galaxy. These remnants are in the form of technology cache's, spaceship crashes, and a few ruined cities. No other real evidence of these races has been found. It is unclear as to what happened to them, and if anyone knows more about who they were, they aren't telling. Perhaps strangest of all, every planet where evidence of their existence has been found has been devoid of all life.

Fact #2: There is a subsector in the galaxy where once was a huge heavy hot burning star, 2 million years ago this star when supernova. The nebula that remains is charged thick with deadly radiation, Deep with the nebula is the churning black hole that remains of the once burning star. This area is known to many as "The Maw". The most frightening thing is, something lives within the dark deadly nebula.

Last edited:

Captain Tagon

First Post
Pitch #1

Galaxy Wide: Remnants of several different ancient races can be found throughout the galaxy. These remnants are in the form of technology cache's, spaceship crashes, and a few ruined cities. No other real evidence of these races has been found. It is unclear as to what happened to them, and if anyone knows more about who they were, they aren't telling. Perhaps strangest of all, every planet where evidence of their existence has been found has been devoid of all life.

Cost: 2 Points

EDIT: Added pitch number.

Last edited:

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I'll support your pitch.

Remaining Points: 199

Note: Please number your pitches. Captain Tagon's is pitch #1, all pitches thereafter should be numbered accordingly.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
I'll support too.

So now if no-one vetoes it for 48 hours since it was made, it becomes a fact, right?

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Blackrat said:
So now if no-one vetoes it for 48 hours since it was made, it becomes a fact, right?
No, once a pitch is supported by two people with no vetoes before it, it becomes a fact.

It is now DarwinofMind's turn, if within 48 hours Darwin hasn't made a pitch, it will be Nephtys' turn.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
There is a subsector in the galaxy where once was a huge heavy hot burning star, 2 million years ago this star when supernova.

The nebula that remains is charged thick with deadly radiation, Deep with the nebula is the churning black hole that remains of the once burning star.

This area is known to many as "The Maw"

The most frightening thing is, something lives within the dark deadly nebula.

Remaining points: 196

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Um. Could we make an exception about the support time during the weekends. I don't know about others but I have time troubles during weekends, so I really don't have the time or energy to check everything even if I visit the page a few times/day. What I mean is, I missed pitch #2 during the weekend and it now has been over 48 hours since it was posted, but I would still like to support it.

Remove ads