Review Dragon Heist, Mad Mage, and Ravnica!

Three books over on the reviews section need your reviews, comments, or ratings. Please head on over to Waterdeep: Dragon Heist, Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage, and Guildmasters Guide to Ravnica and leave your rating!

reviews.jpg

Other recent notable books awaiting ratings include Vampire the Masquerade 5th Edition, Warhammer 40K Wrath & Glory Core Rules, and Masks of Nyarlathotep.

The system averages ratings to create an overall trending total once a book has 10 or more reviews.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
that’s interesting. I occasionally hit the front page to see what’s up, but I mostly visit for the forum chatter.

The site didn’t even have a forum back when it started.

Last edited by a moderator:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Here is composed of 300,000 posters. Scientific polls do not even reach that sort of representation. Looking at the dates when some accounts were made and how some themes keep coming up in threats (e.g. aligments), I'd say there is a fair share of new people to the game and the hobby here. Granted, the grognard demographics might be more represented, but there are lots of new folk here.

Looking at Amazon charts, the core books are the ones who stay high, not the APs (Dragon Heist and Dungeon of the Mad Mage aren't even APs) or supplements. Newbies attracted to the hobby because of streaming seems to drive those sells. Ashame the products that would root them in the community aren't up to par.

Streaming might just be a fad like many others, so what will drive sells of 5e once that fad passes? Certainly not the products.

Hoard of the Dragon Queen, easily the worst 5E book and over 4 years old at this point, is #518 among all books right now on Amazon. The Amazon numbers are not historic sales, but current. The Starfinder Core Rules are #6130 in all books.

The 5E adventures and accessories are moving pretty huge numbers on their own.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
The site didn’t even have a forum back when it started.

We had forums for a while before the, what was it? 2002 crash/data loss?.

But yeah, I barely remember it just being the new edition's coming web page.

It was a unique time, before the explosion of social media.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
We had forums for a while before the, what was it? 2002 crash/data loss?

The crash was in 2013. You’re off by over a decade! :)

But yeah, the site ran for a year or two back around/before the turn of the century as just a news page with no forums. They were a later addition.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
The crash was in 2013. You’re off by over a decade! :)

But yeah, the site ran for a year or two back around/before the turn of the century as just a news page with no forums. They were a later addition.

There was a data loss around 2002, because I had to recreate my account, and was miffed that it said 02 instead of whatever it was previously.

I think its why no one really has a join date before Jan 02?. I was moving around in the military and didnt rejoing until Sep 02. But I'm afraid I remember no other details, as of why.

Thanks for the info.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There was a data loss around 2002, because I had to recreate my account, and was miffed that it said 02 instead of whatever it was previously.

I think its why no one really has a join date before Jan 02?. I was moving around in the military and didnt rejoing until Sep 02. But I'm afraid I remember no other details, as of why.

That’s because we migrated to the new modern (for then) vBulletin software and decided to start clean rather than import data. Back then there was only a year or two of data. The forums were very small with only a few thousand members.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
I am likely also conflating the "two" sites, as I have been here since the beginning of Eric Noah's Unofficial D&D 3rd Edition News.

You've done good work with the place, glad I stayed.

Henry

Autoexreginated
I am likely also conflating the "two" sites, as I have been here since the beginning of Eric Noah's Unofficial D&D 3rd Edition News.

You've done good work with the place, glad I stayed.

Yeah, my memory's a bit hazy, but I think the migration was accompanied by a fake flame war, also, on the old forums before Russ pulled the plug? :) Good times.

pogre

Legend
I posted a review for Dragon Heist. However, my group is a long way from completing Dungeon of the Mad Mage. I only review products after playing the product. I almost always feel differently about a product after playing it than I did after my first read through.

Not criticizing folks who post a review after reading a product - their reviews are inevitably more timely, and ultimately, more useful to earlier purchasers.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
I posted a review for Dragon Heist. However, my group is a long way from completing Dungeon of the Mad Mage. I only review products after playing the product. I almost always feel differently about a product after playing it than I did after my first read through.

Not criticizing folks who post a review after reading a product - their reviews are inevitably more timely, and ultimately, more useful to earlier purchasers.

This is the big issue with adventure reviews IMHO. An adventure that might be a fun read often only reveals its issues when you actually animate it at the table.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases