• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Revised Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth Coming Soon...

JRRNeiklot

First Post
For the same reason I detest the LotR movie and the new Star Wars. They took something I loved and pooped on it.

Twowolves said:
Yeah, I'm sure they are bulking up the thin module to make fatter profits... for a FREE ADVENTURE!! :confused:

And since you admit you don't play 3.5... why do you even care? They could put robot clowns from space in it and it would affect you in the slightest. You are not what they call the "target audience". So why the hate-on for something that obviously others want and hope to enjoy?

Pbartender

First Post
Thulcondar said:
Since I don't play 3.5, I haven't much seen the point. But I shall take your advice and take a look (although converting it all BACK to AD&D 1E is going to be a bear, methinks...).

Wow. What a waste of pixels.

If you don't play 3.5, you've nothing to worry about. Converting it all back to AD&D 1E would just get you... The original adventure.

phindar

First Post
Back when Spy Magazine was up and running, they printed a transcipt of a speech a U.S. President (named something-"ton") that had been translated into Chinese, and then the Chinese to English translation, which was a much easier read. Phrases like nearly simultaneously had been replaced by at the same time, and the length of the speech was reduced by half.

Maybe converting a 1e module to 3e and then back to 1e would have a similar effect. Maybe Keep on the Borderlands would make sense. (The castellan would have a name, at the very least.)

Shroomy

Adventurer
Technically, WoTC's new offering appears to be a sequeal to the original adventure, much like their recent Return to the Temple of the Frog. There may be some value to converting it back to 1e mechanics.

Schmoe

Adventurer
thedungeondelver said:

Well.

If nothing else this news has inspired me to run Lost Tsojconth at the Lake Geneva Gaming Convention.

See you all this June!

Every cloud has a silver lining ;) Sounds like a rocking good time.

Thulcondar

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
Whuh...

You're objecting to a potential change/sequel to a classic module written for a version of the game you don't play?! :confused:

I don't get it, man. There's nothing wrong with sticking to older editions, but how on Earth does it affect you one way or the other if the free web version of Tsojcanth is changed if it's not even written for the game you play?

I am objecting to changes in the setting.

Greyhawk, and its places, and personalities, and peoples, is cohesive no matter what rules set under which they are described.

What I object to is the idea that because there is now a new set of rules, there is now somehow a license to change those settings which were adequately described under the old rules.

What is so hard to understand about not wanting to see something change (aside from legitimate rules changes) just because the rules change? Because now there are prestige classes, does that mean that Iggwilv's lair all of a sudden has different rooms and levels? That makes no sense to me.

Thulcondar

First Post
Pbartender said:
Wow. What a waste of pixels.

If you don't play 3.5, you've nothing to worry about. Converting it all back to AD&D 1E would just get you... The original adventure.

Except when they change the original in the process of upgrading. New levels, new rooms, etc.

Do try to read the posts before you respond.

Twowolves

Explorer
Thulcondar said:
Except when they change the original in the process of upgrading. New levels, new rooms, etc.

Do try to read the posts before you respond.

I don't think anyone has any trouble reading your post. It's just non-sensical. You don't play 3.5 ed, so why should you care? They aren't going to kick in your door, shoot your dog and MAKE you run the module, or make any changes to your version of Greyhawk. And I do mean "your version", because they have been adding to and "changing" Greyhawk constantly for over 20 years.

You admit you won't use it, but heaven forbid other people get to try it out, because it somehow despoils your dream of living in the eternal 80's. Nobody is forcing you to play it, you shouldn't begrudge others the same choice.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads