D&D 5E Revising a few feats for balance in my home game - Thoughts?

Valdier

Explorer
How?

It sounds like this feat may not actually be as powerful as you believe, since the above situation could not have happened without either ignoring the restrictions of the feat, or having houserules which specifically favour it. Both of these increase the power of the feat beyond what it is actually capable of in the rules.

Because the character hit with 7 of 8 attacks and did +70 damage? Fighters with Action Surge == immense amounts of damage with this feat. It is true that dual wield can't be used, that was just an oversight when I first typed it up.

Because the character hit with 7 of 8 attacks and did +70 damage? Fighters with Action Surge == immense amounts of damage with this feat. It is true that dual wield can't be used, that was just an oversight when I first typed it up.
Ah. It was those parts that were confusing me. If it wasn't actually dual-wielding, that would cover one part. The fact that 7 out of 8 attacks hit, presumably by a relatively standard-for-level PC against a level-appropriate opponent even with the penalty was just extreme luck? - That will happen occasionally for both PCs and NPCs.

No, mechanically it says "when you really want to hit something close your eyes so you can get a better bonus to hit."
So like "Using the force" then? ;)

Do you really view my statement and your statement as mutually exclusive?

AaronOfBarbaria

Adventurer
3 points quickly stops being perceived as useful in those cases.
That can be true, but is an issue with perception, since for example a 4th level fighter with heavy armor master gets an average of around +18 effective hit points while fighting orcs, and the same fighter at 20th level could get an average of around +69 effective hit points fighting a Marilith, or around +95 effective hit points squaring off against a large force the same sort of orcs.

Remove ads