D&D 5E Revisited Setting News: Its not the 2023 Classic setting, but rather for 2024

New subraces such as Human Backlunish, Flanae, Oeridian, Olman, Rhennee, Suloise and Touv

Snow and Valley Elf subrace

Furchin Halfling subrace

New Thilronian Primal Path for Barbarian

New College of Olidammara for Bard

New Old Faith Druid Circle

New Zuoken Monastic Tradition for Monk

New Knight of Holy Shielding Sacred Oath for Paladin

New Gnarley Forest Ranger Archetype

New Suel Sorcerer origin

New Tharizdun Pact for Warlock

New Backgrounds such as Knight of Hart, Knight of the Watch, Scarlett Brotherhood, Prophet,

Unique Dieties and even perhaps new Domain

Gazeteer of the Flanaess

New monsters such as sons of Kyuss, Suel liches, froghemoths, vegepygmies, valley elves, grugach elves, spell weavers, animuses, sussuri, xvarts, norkers, varrangoins, losels, gingwatzim, manscorpions, Scarlett Brotherhood cultist, Greyhawk dragons, blood golems of Hextor, swordwraiths, grungs, qullans etc

Now see that's what I was asking for! That sounds interesting. Although I like could totally see, alot of Valley girl/guy jokes for Valley Elves like I could totally see Valley Elves, like becoming like meme or like something on like Tiktok, totally.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
New monsters such as sons of Kyuss, Suel liches, froghemoths, vegepygmies, valley elves, grugach elves, spell weavers, animuses, sussuri, xvarts, norkers, varrangoins, losels, gingwatzim, manscorpions, Scarlett Brotherhood cultist, Greyhawk dragons, blood golems of Hextor, swordwraiths, grungs, qullans etc
Just FYI, a number of these (bolded above) already have 5e stats.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
IMHO The D&D audience is composed far more of experience players than new ones, and depending if they play since before 4E they will have a clue what Greyhawk is and even nostalgia for some. A segment of the audience played AD&D and another Living Greyhawk afterall.
Well, we know that's not true: a very healthy percentage of players weren't even born yet when 4E was in print, and most are under 24. That's fact, not opinion.

But young people can like "Classic" things, if marketed right.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Which statistics? Do you have a link?
WotC put this out on social media earlier this year. The previous year, they included 8-12 year olde, too, so the youth are probably undercounted here based on my experience:
dungeons-and-dragons-2021-infographic-1.jpg

Mercurius

Legend
IMHO The D&D audience is composed far more of experience players than new ones, and depending if they play since before 4E they will have a clue what Greyhawk is and even nostalgia for some. A segment of the audience played AD&D and another Living Greyhawk afterall.
According to WotC, more than 50 million people are fans of the game, the majority of whom are under the age of 30, 40% under 25, and only 13% over 40.

It also seems likely that a good majority of those 50 million are new to D&D with 5E, so don't have nostalgic attachment to older D&D properties.

Remove ads