D&D 5E Revisited Setting News: Its not the 2023 Classic setting, but rather for 2024

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
Honestly for now I just ignore Chris Perkins post as nonsensical and I encourage others to do the same until what they are up to becomes clear or they change their minds again.

1633484450386.png

More seriously, just because a character has visited another world, does not mean they are suddenly "that setting's character." Mordenkainen also has his own tower on Avernus, but I wouldn't say he's a Nine Hells or Planescape character.

If I asked Gary Gygax if they character he made was a "Forgotten Realms character," he'd probably laugh. And then ask me to leave his cemetery.

guachi

Hero
I'm not really a fan of Greyhawk and if all WotC came out with was another standard hardback I wouldn't buy it. On the other hand, if it had a deluxe set with nice production values like a box set with a few booklets, maps, handouts, etc. I'd definitely buy it.

GuyBoy

Hero
Many have contributed - but "50" goes back to the very origins of D&D with its invention as a concept.

A 50th anniversary is about its inventors, Arneson and Gygax.
Absolutely agree that including Dave Arneson in the 50th Anniversary products would be fitting. Alongside Greyhawk, I’d love to see something from Blackmoor.
Temple of the Frog was the first published D&D adventure; a Return To treatment of that would be awesome, covering the surrounding swampland perhaps.

Plaguescarred

D&D Playtester for WoTC since 2012
WotC's primary audience is new and younger, most of whom likely have no clue what "Greyhawk" is, but almost all of whom have actually played in the Forgotten Realms.

the aging people at WotC include some GH fans, but the idea that the general audience has "nostalgia" for it is laughable.

IMHO The D&D audience is composed far more of experience players than new ones, and depending if they play since before 4E they will have a clue what Greyhawk is and even nostalgia for some. A segment of the audience played AD&D and another Living Greyhawk afterall.

Plaguescarred

D&D Playtester for WoTC since 2012
what you'd put in a Greyhawk book.
New subraces such as Human Backlunish, Flanae, Oeridian, Olman, Rhennee, Suloise and Touv

New Snow and Valley Elf subrace

New Furchin Halfling subrace

New Thilronian Primal Path for Barbarian

New College of Olidammara for Bard

New Old Faith Druid Circle

New Zuoken Monastic Tradition for Monk

New Knight of Holy Shielding Sacred Oath for Paladin

New Gnarley Forest Ranger Archetype

New Suel Sorcerer origin

New Tharizdun Pact for Warlock

New Backgrounds such as Knight of Hart, Knight of the Watch, Scarlett Brotherhood, Prophet, Zealot,

Unique Dieties and new Domain such as Pestilence or Entropy

New languages such as Baklunish, Flan, Oeridian, Rhopan, Suloise and Touv

Gazeteer of the Flanaess

New monsters such as sons of Kyuss, Suel liches, froghemoths, vegepygmies, valley elves, grugach elves, spell weavers, animuses, sussuri, xvarts, norkers, varrangoins, losels, gingwatzim, manscorpions, Scarlett Brotherhood cultist, Greyhawk dragons, blood golems of Hextor, swordwraiths, grungs, qullans etc

Last edited:

Remove ads