Unearthed Arcana Revived, Noble Genie and Archivist Revisited in UA

The latest Unearthed Arcana replaces the Revived, Noble Genie, and Archivist subclasses with new versions called the Phantom, the Genie, and the Order of Scribes. https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/subclasses-revisited

The latest Unearthed Arcana replaces the Revived, Noble Genie, and Archivist subclasses with new versions called the Phantom, the Genie, and the Order of Scribes.

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 11.29.27 PM.png

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
"Regarding other wizard subclasses, we can share that neither of the wizard subclasses we’ve presented in Unearthed Arcana recently—Onomancy and Psionics— will be moving forward in our development process, since they didn’t appeal to enough people and we can explore those subclasses’ themes in other ways."

C'mon Truenamer class.
Papa wants to enslave some fiends with no contracts.
My guess is that they'll turn Onomancy into a Bard subclass. They did say that they'll be explored in other subclasses.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
My guess is that they'll turn Onomancy into a Bard subclass. They did say that they'll be explored in other subclasses.

The way they are doing Bard lore, it could work.
However it's a lame use of Truenaming if it is the only one subclass.

I could also see a Truenaming Ranger as rangers with grudges against an enemy type might learn the truenames of their favored enemies.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
The way they are doing Bard lore, it could work.
However it's a lame use of Truenaming if it is the only one subclass.

I could also see a Truenaming Ranger as rangers with grudges against an enemy type might learn the truenames of their favored enemies.
That could work, too, in my mind. I think that the Bard fits better, with what they're doing with the Eloquence and Creation bards, but Ranger or Blood Hunter also makes sense.

We are clearly in cleanup right now, which is nice. The Handy Grey Box in the beginning of the document is implying you should hold class balance and multiclass related feedback, but that requires people to read the box and comply so we will see how well that goes.

Considering they have been saying since the very first UA that nothing in them has been balanced yet for multi-class play, I would hope the regulars who give feedback would not still be that dense.......or stubborn. lol

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Asmodeus's Adventure Guide to Avernus and Additional Otherworldly Places

Vi's Vivacious Manual to Sigil and Other Places

Elminster's Elaborate Compendium of the Planes

Remove ads

Remove ads