• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RGA1 - Daylight Robbery (Salix? Judging)

rgordona

Explorer
[OOC - I don't really want to NPC Flux through this interaction so without a PC post she'll be staying in the car. Feel free to change the plan to take account of that.]

Flux elects to remain in the car and nurse her hangover, so Sergeant enters Akbar's shop alone. It is a small place accessed through a narrow doorway between a bookstore and a pharmacy. The jewelers is up three flights of increasingly steep stairs above an employment agency which is itself above the chain stores below.

Finally entering the door Sergeant finds himself in a compact but well appointed showroom, with several display cabinets. A counter stands along the right hand side of the room and through an open door behind it Sergeant can see what appears to be a cluttered workshop.

young woman the only other person in sight descends upon Sergeant immediately, "Good morning sir, are you looking for anything in particular?" He is reasonably sure he spotted a small camera mounted above the door, but without making it obvious that he is looking he can not be sure if it was really there or what other security measures have been installed.

Velmont

First Post
"Good morning, If you don't mind, I would just start to look at the jewels you have in display, but I'll return to you." he tells with a smile and start to looks around at the different jewels in display, taking more time over the highest priced items to shows that he would seems a potential serious client.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Sergeant is less interested in the security surveillance systems than anything bugs that could have been put in the building by a third party and that's what Sergeant would have liked Flux to watch at. Without Flux, he will probably just hope there is no bugs in the shop. [/SBLOCK]

Someone

Adventurer
ooc: Sorry, I didn't remember that part and believed we could park near the place we wanted to go (a superheroic feat in its own right). Clay waits near the shop.

rgordona

Explorer
IN LEEDS

Velmont said:
"Good morning, If you don't mind, I would just start to look at the jewels you have in display, but I'll return to you." he tells with a smile and start to looks around at the different jewels in display, taking more time over the highest priced items to shows that he would seems a potential serious client.
"Of course, take your time Sir" Smiles the sales assistant as she steps behind the counter and half heartedly busies herself with trivialities; straightening a pile of catalogues and polishing an already clean display cabinet.

Meanwhile Clay waits downstairs opposite the entrance to Akbar's watching the lunchtime rush pass by.

[SBLOCK=OOC]
Sergeant is less interested in the security surveillance systems than anything bugs that could have been put in the building by a third party and that's what Sergeant would have liked Flux to watch at. Without Flux, he will probably just hope there is no bugs in the shop.
I gathered as much but as you say Sergeant hasn't much chance of spotting a bug without actively searching the place. (OOC - Flux would not have spotted anything either if she were present.)

I didn't remember that part and believed we could park near the place we wanted to go (a superheroic feat in its own right).

Maybe with a few more ranks in Drive :>

[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
After taking a look at the collection, he returns to the lady. "You have an interesting choice, but I look for something more exotic, more precious. I must tell it isn't for me, but for the person I represent. I'm here in the name of an American investor. Could it be possible to talk with mister Akbar himself, he might find that taking only five minutes of his time with me might worth his time."

rgordona

Explorer
OOC - Using Bluff +14 I assume. Since it's a blatant lie :> Sergeants bluff (1d20+14=24)

IN LEEDS

"Of course Sir, perhaps you would like to come through to the office?" She replies ushering Sergeant through into a small private room. "I will just fetch Mr Akbar. Can I offer you a drink while you wait, tea, coffee?"

A few minutes later a man Sergeant recognises as Akbar enters. "Good morning sir. I apologise for the delay, sometime it is just not possible to stop work on a piece immediately. Anyway how is it that I can help you?"

Phoenix8008

First Post
rgordona said:
IN LONDONooc- Take one HP and free drinks. Probably a good time to ask Ms Green any questions Paladin might have or fast forward through a pleasant lunch. Equally I am happy to play it out as I think the others are somewhat behind.
OOC: Sorry gone so long, been busy finding work and now working again after my move...

Paladin talks with Ms. Green while they order and eat in peace and comfort.

OOC: Not planing on asking her anything to do with this case as he wouldn't want her to feel she's only being used for his work again and that wouldn't be very gentlemanly. Unless she brings it up or something.

Velmont

First Post
"No problem, I understand. I would like to speak to you about a piece of jewelry that you might have. I'm here because a third party sent me here. You might know it." Sergeant takes out his wallet and open it, showing his Resolute badge, but keeping it out of sight of the woman or any other customers. "Would it be possible to speak to you somewhere more private? It wouldn't take long."

Remove ads