D&D 4E Rich Baker on Gnomes in 4E

SPECTRE666

Adventurer
http://forums.gleemax.com/showpost.php?p=14732994&postcount=2049 :)

[sblock=Rich Baker]Gnomes will likely get a "full" PC race writeup in 2009. We *might* have a little material in the FR Player's Guide, but I'm not sure about that--I'm not working on that book.

In general, we're not going to provide a lot of support for marginal races in our printed product. We might be able to give them some more attention on D&D Insider. I wouldn't expect to see avariels or aquatic elves touched on in the FR Player's Guide.

Sorry, no immediate plans on the saurials as PCs. They're really something different from the dragonborn.[/sblock]

JoeGKushner

First Post
My only concern with the marginal races comment is I'm not sure I'd agree with 'em on what's marginal.

For example, before the core races were known, I'd have bet good money that dragonborn and tielflings would be considered marginal.

SPECTRE666

Adventurer
Sitara said:
lol

'Marginal Races'

lol.

Personally I hate gnomes so I'm happy. :)

-True, I could really care less about Gnomes. :]
-Yet some gamers love the little buggers. :eek:
-To each their own. :p
-More scraps from the WotC Overlords. ;)

Wormwood

Adventurer
JoeGKushner said:
For example, before the core races were known, I'd have bet good money that dragonborn and tielflings would be considered marginal.
And I'll bet good money that by this time next year I'll have seen at least two tiefling and dragonborn characters---in contrast to the single gnome character I've seen since 1979.

SPECTRE666

Adventurer
Wormwood said:
And I'll bet good money that by this time next year I'll have seen at least two tiefling and dragonborn characters---in contrast to the single gnome character I've seen since 1979.

-Right, my first 4E character is going to be a Tiefling Warlock, or a Dragonborn Warlord. :)

Remove ads