• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RIFTS - Treasures of Tolkeen (Recruiting)

Douane

First Post
WarShrike said:

Just a moment and I'll post a list of classes from the UE for you.

EDIT: Here you go!

Combat Cyborg
Crazies
Cyberknights
Glitter Boy
Head Hunter
Juicer
Merc Soldier
Robot Pilot

Body Fixer
City Rat
Cyberdoc
Operator
Rogue Scholar
Rogue Scientist
Vagabond
Wilderness Scout

Elemental Fusionist
Ley Line Walker
Ley Line Rifter
Mystic
Shifter
Techno Wizard

Burster
Dog Boy
Mind Melter
Psi Stalker

Last edited:

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Rhun, some OCCs were expanded upon and a few new ones were added. I don't have my old rulebook anymore so I can't compare, but the differences are minor from what I remember about the old book. Like I said though, you can play an OCC from another book if you provide me with the info... edit: and it fits the campaign. No samurai and such.

Douane, what is the back-story on the Quick-Flex D-Bee? And thanks for posting the list of classes for WarShrike.

Last edited:

Douane

First Post
airwalkrr said:
Douane, what is the back-story on the Quick-Flex D-Bee? And thanks for posting the list of classes for WarShrike.

Gamewise?

They are basically humanoid and can pass for humans if they keep their faces covered. "Large eyes, long face and pinholes for a nose" (Coalition War Campaign) differentiate them from standard humans. In addition they have a higher metabolism (reducing average size to 5') and faster reflexes, but are also "jumpy and hyperactive" (their short attention span is responsible for the -10% to skills).

They are "common to North America, particularly the mid-west, with an estimated 1 million scattered across the country".

Characterwise, the QF's love for adventure and inability to stay still plus being easily (and quickly) bored tie into Ray's background of being a wandering GB do-gooder who travels across North America from village to village, helping where he can (and thus earning money to repair the damage his GB suit suffers in doing so). [Free Quebec Techs are rather pricey. ;) ]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Douane, since you want to play a D-Bee, I'm going to say you aren't eligible for the bonuses to descendants of a long line of GB pilots.

WarShrike, thank Douane for pointing that rule about the low attribute out. I had forgotten about it. However, to clarify the bonus can only be added to any one OTHER attribute. Unfortunately, you can not add it to the 5. But hey, playing an ugly character isn't the worst fate I can imagine and I'm sure it could be fodder for a great RP idea.

Douane

First Post
airwalkrr said:
Douane, since you want to play a D-Bee, I'm going to say you aren't eligible for the bonuses to descendants of a long line of GB pilots.

Might I ask why?

I was thinking that D-Bees have been around long enough to start their own traditions (Besides Ray's also got some human blood in the family.).

EDIT: Strike that, plans have been changed. Re-Imagining old PCs doesn't always work. :) So no more mixing RCC and OCC.

Meet Tara Gordon, human Glitter Girl, instead.

Last edited:

WarShrike

First Post
I have indeed found a downloadable PDF file of the UE. Unfortunately, it came with 59 other PDF RIFTS books. damn 2 gig downloads. *SIGH*. Anyways, i got the UE, i'll be less of a burden on everyone else now.

Remove ads