• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ring of the Fey Lord (DM:Atanatotatos, Judge:Lord Sessadore)Up:Lorik, etc.

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Ok, if there's a way through in column 6 that's cool. I just didn't spot it in previous maps; e.g. in post 241 the map looks like it has a solid line of trees all the way across in row P.
[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
While Ikni's attack catches none of the drakes, Galinndan is still assaulted by the pack of lizard-like creatures, and succumbs to their bites.
The drakes proceed to swarm Ikni and Lorik, and manage to bring both to the ground.
Ikni is quickly assaulted by half a dozen of the nasty lizards, but he manages to defend herself..
The gnome discards his crossbow and attacks the prone Lorik with a heavy pick, and places a nasty blow a few inches from his lung, leaving him badly wounded.

ooc:Galinndan's death save:13
The drakes miss Ikni due to Lorik's mark and concealment for dim light.
Lorik is attacked by the drakes at the start of his turn, but they miss.
Damn those drakes are even nastier than I had realized. As an advice, I'd suggest a slight change of tactics.
The gnome crits for 16 dmg.

24-Elf 1 -8
23-Ikni HP:27/31 S:7/11, AP:0, prone
DE-Galinndan HP:-1/24 S:5/8 AP:1, unconscious
21-Drakes -12, marked by Lorik, cursed by Haruka
Elf 2 unconscious
18-Gnome 1 -9, marked by Lorik
18-Lorik HP:1/29 S:7/11 AP:1, prone, bloodied
11-Haruka HP:30/30+8t S:7/10 AP:1
9-Heinrich HP:15/24 S:5/7 AP:1
8-Derien HP:22/26 S:8/9 AP:1
7-Gnome dancer -6, aegis of shielding
Gnome 2 unconscious

encounter3.jpg

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=map]yes, column 6 is passable (as are all the "shadow" and "partially vegetated" squares. O5 is, too, just not from N5. Squares with trees are blocking terrain, except you can squeeze through them, altough this doesn't seem a great idea in the present situation. To conclude the recap, the lighting is dim. I'm sorry that the ma isn't clear. I'll use a better one next time.
The ugly thing about this battle is, they created a bottleneck with those nasty drakes that, I now see, are WAY overpowered for a lvl 2 soldier. (yes, they're needlefang drakes, if you hadn't realized). Heck, the dragonborn lvl 5 soldier that we fought in the captain's caper can't hold a candle to these things... uhmm...[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: ouch! I think Lorik gets a combat challenge attack against the drakes, though he might be prone while he takes it (depending on whether they pulled Ikni or him down first). If Ikni hadn't had two bad rolls against these things, we'd be doing a lot better. They might even be dead, if she hit both times... but the dice aren't with us, and the rest of us are weak against swarms, I think.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=Shadow Walk] Actually, I do have Shadow Walk, because I spent my standard action to move two more squares, and then used my AP to attack. I did report incorrectly in my post when concealment kicked in, but I do have it. I should be at I6, but H7 is just as good.[/sblock]

[sblock=Retreat!] Or at least, a tactical withdrawal. I think Lorik and Ikni should pull back to the (F-I, 1-4) area. Hopefully, the drakes will follow, giving a clear shot to those fey. If the drakes stay put, then we can easily move out of the fey's line of sight.

A few questions for the GM:
1. Can you tell us if the drakes will continue attacking Gal at the start of his turns now that he's unconscious. If so, what are the rule for dragging bodies?
2. Ongoing damage deals full damage to swarms, regardless of whether it came from an aoe power or not, right? I'm wondering if it's worth using my daily on those drakes. Hardly ideal, but we might not have a choice.[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
ooc:uh... ops! I misread the post! sorry!
Technically, Galinndan should continue being attacked, but I would worry about that if I were you. I'm npcing him, so he won't die anyway. Though he might lose a limb or two :p
Ongoing dmg is not reduced on swarm, I believe. (or am I missing a small paragraph addressing the problem?)

Last edited:

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I should have gotten an extra attack out of Tempest Dance if I couldn't shift that way, but too late to rewind now! Onward![/sblock]
Batterd but not beaten, Lorik manages to bring himself to his feet and catches a breather.
[sblock=Actions]Combat Challenge attack: 13. Ick.
Move Action: Get up from prone
Minor Action: None. Remind me to stock up on potions next time we're in town.
Standard Action: Second Wind (spend a surge, +2 to all defenses)[/sblock]
[sblock=Lorik Stat Block]
Lorik- Male Half-elf Fighter 1
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 14
AC:18 (17, no shield), Fort:15, Reflex:13 (12, no shield), Will:12 -- Speed:5
HP:8/29, Bloodied:14, Surge Value:7, Surges left:6/11
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: used
Powers
Footwork Lure, Reaping Strike, Passing Attack, Righteous Brand, Tempest Dance
Group Diplomacy: Allies within 10 squares gain a +1 racial bonus to Diplomacy checks.
Group Assault: Allies gain a +1 damage bonus to enemies marked by Lorik.[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
ooc: Ata, if I attack the dancer from L4, L5, or L6, will he get concealment from my attack? Would the other gnome get concealment if I attacked him from L3, if I can see him at all?

Atanatotatos

First Post
ooc:since Haruka has normal vision, everything has concealment to her due to dim light. Cover, though, the gnome dancer would have only from L4. From L3, Haruka wouldn't have line of sight.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads