D&D 5E RIP D&D Movie Studio

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Yes, but that is the part the runs Grey's Anatomy, The Woman King, and Yellow jackets that doesn't synergize with merchandising, the parts of EOne linked to major IP brands like D&D, Transformers, Peppa Pig, etc...., is specifically NOT apart of selling EOne, and those parts of EOne MIGHT get merged into WotC like Digital Liciencing.
Deadline doesn't say that. In fact Hasbro is shopping the D&D TV show to other producers and distributors, not through eOne.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller

Stormonu

Legend
I think the only thing to take away all this that the "big spending" when everyone was bored (or frightened to death) at home has faded, and the entertainment industry is about to take a HUGE hit. I expect a lot of greenlit projects are about to come to a screeching halt in the next twelve months, including D&D & MTG products.

Aldarc

Legend
I think the only thing to take away all this that the "big spending" when everyone was bored (or frightened to death) at home has faded, and the entertainment industry is about to take a HUGE hit. I expect a lot of greenlit projects are about to come to a screeching halt in the next twelve months, including D&D & MTG products.
This is also at a time when a lot of streaming platforms appear to be plateauing, at least in the United States.

delericho

Legend
My fear is 2023 to be a year of "thin cows" (with a bad economy). Then if people have to save money the expenses for entertaiment will be lower, and although WotC published the best products the fandom had to await for better time.
My understanding is that D&D has traditionally done quite well in economic bad times, due to the relatively low cost of entry. Of course, we're in unprecedented times, so who knows if that will continue to be true.

That said, 2023 was always shaping up as a quiet year for D&D, what with the new version coming in 2024.

teitan

Legend
I wouldn’t doubt if OneD&D gets scaled back myself and some of the changes that they have had in the articles so far get scaled way back to closer to the current iteration as in Core+ Tasha’s and Xanathar’s. Why? With the hits coming down the line and across the board for the toy industry in general a more conservative approach will come into play from up top. The software will still get launched but the new books will amount to revisions and tweaks and nothing to rock the boat so that they don’t goose the gander too much and the golden egg crack like Magic has. WOTC got cocky with MTG, Hasbro will reign that in, and already have.

Remove ads