• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rogue PC in undead-loaded adventure

fnork de sporg

First Post
Giving her anti-undead items would probably be the most fun for her, but if you do it I suggest having them take the items of a badass undead former-adventurer rather than just find them lying around.

HeapThaumaturgist

First Post
I'm a fan of letting her explore other options for team play.

Some of the most fun aspects of my StarWars RPG game involved showing the PLAYERS how to act like Jedi in combat. Aid Another, Fighting Defensively, Full Defense, etc. It was cool to have them running around disarming and defending and all that.

I once tortured a group with a Grick and 4 Kobolds. The Kobolds stayed back and used their turns to Aid the Grick. What WAS 5 unassuming creatures turned into ONE effective fighting machine that scared the heck out of the folks fighting it.

--fje

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Well, it sounds like she doesn't have the strength for Power Attack, if she's 15th level and doing 1d4+2 damage. So, there goes the "Hit them really hard" idea.

Without that, and without building the character specifically to be an undead-hating rogue (i.e. multiclassing into cleric and Skullclan Hunter), then the best thing for her to do is go the good team player approach, as outlined above.

Now, if the undead happen to be the kind that explode when they go down, and damaging unattended objects, she may wish to grab any valuable-looking items that drop before they explode. I've done that before when my rogue had nothing else major to contribute, and the priest-paladin was already revved up.

Brad

RichGreen

Adventurer
Hi,

Thanks for all of the helpful suggestions! I'm going to add a few bits to the adventure, suggest the PC purchases some undead bane arrows and give the player a steer on some other stuff to try.

Cheers

Richard

Remove ads