YouTube is not infinite like the planes, but it is so vast that no one GM can traverse it all. Here are d6 more YouTube channels to inform and enrich your RPG gaming. Or combine the list with the previous list of channels into a d12 roll and expand your gaming horizons.
- Jim Murphy, the self named Gaming Methuselah, has been gaming since the 70s. He plays a lot of D&D but also the Fantasy Trip and other RPGs. He has advice on building encounters, creating campaigns, monster combos, and details culled from over forty years of gaming. He also has advice on attending conventions, painting miniatures, and how to run RPGs as a minimalist GM.
- Lindybeige has a couple of dozen videos on RPGs and favors RuneQuest over D&D. He also does re-enactments with medieval weapons, has his own functioning armor, and covers weapons and warfare of all eras. He provides real world background on archaeology, weapons and armor, history, and warfare. He is also an accomplished dancer.
- Penny Arcade TV has the strongest videos, to me, about Acquisitions Incorporated, first with Chris Perkins as DM and now Jeremy Crawford. AI brings a level of humor to playing D&D while still running through multiple worlds and adventures that Wizards has produced including the Forgotten Realms, Ravnica, and the Nine Hells. Jerry Holkins and Mike Krahulik also take a turn at GMing and providing a prospective into other RPGs like Call of Cthulu 7E as well as other GMing styles. Acquisitions Inc. live plays also feature some famous RPG players like Patrick Rothfuss, WWE Superstar Xavier Woods, and in the past Wil Wheaton.
- Quest Wise is an old-school gamer whose RPG interests cast a wide net. He has most recently reviewed Snowfall Nordic Noir Roleplaying, Explorer’s Guide to Wildemount, Alien RPG, Dragonlance Adventures, and Rune RPG. He provides some GMing advice, products to enhance your RPG gaming, and even solo playing of Forbidden Lands. He has also done some RPG writing for Bloat Games as well. Quest Wise is a renaissance GM with deep knowledge of multiple RPG systems and a skill at digging deep into rule sets and settings and sharing the pearls of wisdom he unearths.
- Runesmith provides history on many facets of D&D from angels to yugoloths, advice for DMs and players, and occasional skits with his gaming friends. He has a quirky sense of humor, poking light-hearted fun at both himself and geek culture. His wit can be dry and sometimes a couple of seconds pass before a particularly humorous observation sinks in and draws a laugh. He also does his homework and has deep knowledge about D&D monsters, locations like the planes, and other D&D related knowledge.
- Seth Skorkowsky wears many hats on his channel. Yes, all three of the people in the image above are Seth Skorkowsky who is a GM, YouTuber, and published author. Along with Jack, his NPC alter ego, and three players (all played by Seth himself) he discusses game theory, provides played reviews of RPGs like Call of Cthulu 7E and Mongoose Traveller 2E, and tells war stories. His reviews also includs tips on how he modified adventures to run more smoothly. He is highly entertaining in the skits he runs. Jack the NPC is almost a second host, with world weary commentary on how real world adventures actually played out at the game table interposed with nips from his hip flask. Seth has a multi-part series examining Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition and has just started a similar series on Mongoose Traveller 2nd edition.