RPG Crowdfunding News – Arclands, Deal with the Dead, The Folio, and more

This week I look at RPG crowdfunding projects that end between January 9th and 23rd (a larger period than normal as several quickstarters dropped that I had not covered elsewhere). It’s not a crowded field (I share eight projects in this article), but there are still a variety of options to choose from.

Arclands Player's Guide.jpeg

Arclands Player's Guide by Team Arclands
  • END DATE: Mon, January 20 2020 4:19 AM EST.
  • SYSTEM(S): Dungeons & Dragons 5e
  • PROJECT TYPE: Campaign setting
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: £12 for the PDF of the book
“A new world and a revolution in magic, spells and powers. Compatible with the world's best roleplaying game. Arclands is a game changing campaign setting for 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons that features all new magic mechanics, races, classes, items, monsters and an original approach to the world's greatest role-playing game. Three centuries ago, in the world of Hermia the skies poured white fire and after millenia, magic returned. Players in the Arclands world exist on the frontier of a newly re-discovered power and each player character is touched by its essence. To wield this fearsome new energy, known as Fate, and to craft it into bespoke spells and abilities, players must find the mystical spell forges, sites of incredible power where raw magic can be crafted into enchantments for equipment, or into new known spells. The new Arclands Spellforge mechanic allows players the chance to design magic for themselves instead of selecting the same old spells time and time again. Every spell is unique to its owner, allowing each player to tailor their magical arsenal for their adventure. This is the heart of the Arclands world.”
Deal with the Dead.jpg

QUICKSTARTERS

Deal with the Dead; The Zombie RPG by Emil Thorngren Ibsen
  • END DATE: Thu, January 9 2020 2:58 PM EST.
  • SYSTEM(S): An original system
  • PROJECT TYPE: Core rulebook
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: DKK 100 for the PDF of the game
“I'm making an Awesome Post-apocalyptic Zombie Survival Tabletop RPG for you and your friends to play. Deal with the Dead is going to be about rules system without a fixed setting; that means you decide what the background of the zombie outbreak is, are we all caring the desires? What happen if we get bitten? And how ruined is our social structure? The game is yours to toy with! The game system will use a mix of many-sided dice and ordinary playing cards, this brings a fun new twist to the tabletop genre, that will create some interesting game mechanics, allowing for thrilling excitement and great teamwork in the party. The rules are based on 3 different aspects; Combat (Fighting zombies, and living people that you have a hard time agreeing with) Survival (Getting by in the wild, finding loot, dealing with wounds and overcoming the environment) and Crafting (what is a zombie game without barbed baseball bats, modded firearms and homemade armor?). Character creating and advancement is super customizable, this means you do not have to have a specific number of points in strength to learn a special trick, you can create your character just the way you want to, without rules getting in the way of your build!”
A System-Neutral TTRPG Adventure Designed by Backers.png

A System-Neutral TTRPG Adventure Designed by Backers by ThrowiGames
  • END DATE: Fri, January 10 2020 5:30 PM EST.
  • SYSTEM(S): System neutral
  • PROJECT TYPE: Adventure module
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $3 for the PDF
“A Make/100 project to build an adventure from backer contributions! You get to pick the theme, antagonists, and foes! In this Make/100 Project, backers will be able to pick the theme, antagonists, and some of the monsters in the adventure that I will custom-create for 100 people. Additionally, backers can sponsor art (including a custom cover piece by one of the artists I call on often for work), add additional pages, or back the project for the end result: a PDF adventure! An adventure in a theme chosen by a single backer ("Designer, Theme and Setting" Reward Tier) of at least 8 digest-sized pages. Page Sponsor backers can increase the page count to a maximum of 20 digest-sized pages. The book will have a black & white interior and black & white or grayscale cover. The adventure will be delivered in PDF only and will be available on DriveThruRPG to the public several weeks after the project ends (and after backers receive their copy).”
The Folio- Black Label #3.jpg

The Folio: Black Label #3 by Art of the Genre
  • END DATE: Sun, January 12 2020
  • SYSTEM(S): AD&D and D&D 5e
  • PROJECT TYPE: Adventure module
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $26 + S/H for the PDF and print versions of this book
  • NOTE: NSFW content
  • NOTE 2: This project is on IndieGoGo
“End the initial Black Label Trilogy in style with White Witch and Black Stone AD&D and 5E Adventure! It will be based around classic AD&D gaming mechanics, while also have 'grey' stat and treasure blocks for 5th Edition D&D, so it is easily playable in BOTH formats. It has been designed for 6-8 characters, roughly 3rd through 5th, and will include a Virtual Table Top map without secret doors, traps, and numbers. What does the adventure for White Witch and Black Stone revolve around? Well, this will be a standard swords & sorcery based adventure that deals with a lost fortress and tower located in the dark central plateau reaches of the map. The adventurers will be forced to find the hidden location, defeat the minions of the White Witch, and find the secret cache of magical elixirs that will help them gain the favor of a dying lord.”

More Decks Of Beasts/Creature Card Codices by Inkwell Ideas
  • END DATE: Mon, January 13 2020 11:00 PM EST.
  • 5e Creature Cards from Kobold Press's Tome of Beasts & Creature Codex.”
RPG ACCESSORIES

Dragon’s Hoard Dice Co. Solid Sterling Silver Dice by Dragon’s Hoard Dice Co.
  • END DATE: Sat, January 18 2020 11:59 PM EST.
  • “Sterling Silver Role Playing Dice”
10,000 Tokens for Fantasy RPG by Kris McDermott
  • END DATE: Tue, January 21 2020 4:24 PM EST.
  • “TEN THOUSAND TOKENS in digital format to suit your RPG / VTT table-top games.”
Game Mash Chipboard Monster Tokens by GameMash
  • END DATE: Thu, January 23 2020 2:46 PM EST.
  • “1668 High Quality, Full Color, Glossy, Chipboard MONSTER TOKENS!”
NOTE: This article includes affiliate links to DriveThruRPG. As a DriveThruRPG Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Egg Embry

Egg Embry

Widfara

Explorer
Being better at art than marketing my Kickstarter did not make the list. I'd love to have as many of my fellow gamers give it a look as possible.
(edited- reading is a great skill. One I did not use, this list is for Quickstarters that end soon, so mine won't show until Egg's next article.)

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases