RPG Crowdfunding News – Svilland, Axon Punk, Lands of Theia, and more

This week’s RPG crowdfunding projects through Kickstarter and IndieGoGo end by August 27th. There are a number of RPG options on this list including some products that are based on RPGs. I selected a number that let you try out a quickstart before you back the campaign, so take these for a test drive.

This week’s RPG crowdfunding projects through Kickstarter and IndieGoGo end by August 27th. There are a number of RPG options on this list including some products that are based on RPGs. I selected a number that let you try out a quickstart before you back the campaign, so take these for a test drive.

Svilland 5E Norse Setting & Freyja's Tears A Grim Adventure.png

Svilland: 5E Norse Setting & Freyja's Tears A Grim Adventure from Dream Realm Storytellers :dndnext:
  • END DATE: Thu, August 27 2020 2:00 PM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition
  • PROJECT TYPE: Sourcebook
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: £66 + S/H for all four books in PDF and print
  • TRY BEFORE YOU BUY: Svilland Campaign Setting Demo Booklet is free at DriveThruRPG
Svilland: The True Norse Setting for DnD 5E is coming with its anticipated reprint and a grim adventure, Freyja's Tears. Svilland is a setting written for D&D 5E, that is based on the brutal Norse Mythology. It is designed to bring the valor, brutality, and drama that is ever-present in Norse tales, from legend into your roleplaying games. Svilland, its expansion South Sea, and its first adventure Into the Wolf’s Maw are already complete and ready for release. With this Kickstarter campaign, we will write the first epic adventure of Svilland, Freyja’s Tears. It is an equally brutal adventure for 1st to 10th level characters. The adventure will reach up to the 20th level with the stretch goals unlocked!”

The Complete Illustrated Book of Illusion.jpg

The Complete Illustrated Book of Illusion from Phil Stone Illustrations :dndnext:
  • END DATE: Sat, August 22 2020 6:52 AM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $25 + $5 US S/H for the hardcover only
The Complete Illustrated Book of Illusion. A spellbook compatible with Dungeons and Dragons 5e containing all Illusion spells. Contains all 33 Illusion spells compatible with Dungeons and Dragons 5e. 100 pages in length, beautifully illustrated, contains extra pages as a grimoire for homebrew spells. Available in hardcover, softcover, and PDF versions.”

Axon Punk- Expanded - Hip Hop Infused Cyberpunk ttRPG.png

Axon Punk: Expanded - Hip Hop Infused Cyberpunk ttRPG from Wrong Brothers Gaming and Sugar Gamers
  • END DATE: Sat, August 22 2020 12:59 PM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): An original system
  • PROJECT TYPE: Core rulebook
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $25 for all of the PDFs (gamebook, Gonzo Docs Vol 2, character sheets, and cheat sheets)
  • TRY BEFORE YOU BUY: Axon Punk: Overdrive - Quickstart Packet is free at DriveThruRPG
“Expanded Tabletop RPG combining hip hop and cyberpunk. Players improvise, collaborate, and build a community in the megacities of 2085. Axon Punk: Overdrive is an improvisational and collaborative tabletop Roleplaying Game (RPG) that is heavily inspired by hip hop and classic cyberpunk. In the game, you and your friends play as a team of hackers, engineers, cyborgs, AI, and others who are trying to be forces of change as the great war of global inequality rages on the streets around you. Because the game is set in the hyper-dense megacities of the future, the players together create a Community of locations and fellow city dwellers to interact with during play. Based on the choices the players make, the Community produces missions, gives rewards, and evolves over time – or it could be consumed by the chaos and anarchy caused by futuristic corporate oppression.”

Lands of Theia 5e, Pathfinder 1e, Pathfinder 2e.jpg

Lands of Theia 5e, Pathfinder 1e, Pathfinder 2e from Samurai Sheepdog :dndnext: :pf:
  • END DATE: Thu, August 27 2020 1:00 PM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition and Pathfinder 1e and 2e
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $20 for the PDF in the system of your choice
  • NOTE: I have an interview with Steven Rasheed James of Samurai Sheepdog coming soon
  • TRY BEFORE YOU BUY: LoT - Kickstarter Preview Kit is free at DriveThruRPG
“In Lands of Theia by Steven Rasheed James adventure never waits. This campaign setting from Samurai Sheepdog introduces the eponymous world, its people, and the places they call home. The book itself is finished. We are running this campaign to recoup the cost of art, and to give an opportunity to show your support for Pathfinder 2nd edition and/or the 5th Edition of the world's greatest roleplaying game. Find out what it means to be any of the core races in Theia, or learn about the new races and subraces we're introducing with the gilahn lizardfolk, gnolls, half-dwarves, kerata lizardfolk, and the massive Theian orcs. Jump into combat as one of 11 new classes (and subclasses in 5e/PF2), each of which is balanced against the core options available. Find that edge you need with new feats and other character options. Take to the skies in a world-famous competition on a mount you've borrowed or raised yourself.”

Burials of Teganshire.jpeg

Burials of Teganshire from Griffon Lore Games :dndnext: :pf:
  • END DATE: Tue, August 25 2020
  • SYSTEM(S): Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition and Pathfinder 1e
  • PROJECT TYPE: Adventure module
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $8 for the PDF
  • NOTE: I have an interview with Christophe Herrbach of Griffon Lore Games about this IndieGoGo campaign on d20 Radio (coming soon)
“Gruesome deaths, arcane wards, ancient rituals, and an old bridge: a 5E andPathfinder 1E adventure. The road through Tegan's Bridge is not safe anymore. The small village of Teganhsire is in disarray as the workers sent to repair the bridge never came back to town, and rumors spread that a monster has killed them all. Hired PCs investigate the situation, but find themselves thrown into a maelstrom of druidic intrigue and repercussions of an old feud between the village and forest spirits. Burials of Teganshire is a module for level 1-3 characters that can be used in any campaign setting (commercial or homebrew). It is the first module of the Circle of the Blood Moon adventure path that will take characters to level 10, through a long campaign filled with complex encounters and ancient mysteries.”

Magic School Mystery.png

Magic School Mystery from Tanner Wilson
  • END DATE: Wed, August 19 2020 1:40 PM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): An original system
  • PROJECT TYPE: Core rulebook
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $25 + $3 US S/H for the PDF and print textbook
  • TRY BEFORE YOU BUY: Check out the free beta pdf here
“The Wizard School RPG! You’ve been accepted to wizard school! Can you solve the mystery before it’s too late? Play this tabletop role-playing game for fiction focused rules that double down on the boarding school experience. Its effortless game play brings the magic school genre to life from the moment you open the book. Spell casting does not use a predetermined list of spells and is always quick and creative. You should expect a communal storytelling game that feels like the books you grew up reading. Pick up Magic School Mystery to get started! Play as young students attending Magic School Castle. The tone is always wholesome and a little bit juvenile. Expect best friends, magical mischief, and light peril instead of dark prophecies and wizard warfare. The game takes place over an entire school year. If the mystery isn’t solved by summer break, Magic School Castle won't ever be the same again!”

Vampire The Masquerade Rivals Expandable Card Game.png

Vampire: The Masquerade Rivals Expandable Card Game from Renegade Game Studios :wod:
  • END DATE: Thu, August 20 2020 10:00 PM EDT.
  • PROJECT TYPE: Card game
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $100 + S/H for the core set, additional deck, 275 card sleeves, playmat, and tokens
“An expandable card game set in the World of Darkness for 2-4 players. Vampire: The Masquerade Rivals Expandable Card Game puts in in control of a coterie of vampires who vie for control of the city of San Francisco. Through dominating mortals, using their political influence, and clashing with their rivals in the streets in the dark of the night, you’ll gather your allies and face off against one or more other players as you seek to push your agenda.”

RPG Quick Hits

SHOTGLASS ADVENTURES: GRAVIS TOWN BLUES for 5e & OSR RPGs from Laidback Dungeon Master :dndnext: :osr:
  • END DATE: Wed, August 26 2020 5:30 PM EDT.
  • “6 One-Shots, New Monsters, New Magic Items & Lore for 5e / DnD & OSR RPGs! Bonus: CONNECTABLE DUNGEONS 2: VAULTS!”
The Rats of G.I.M. from Dark-Platypus Studio
  • END DATE: Wed, August 26 2020 9:00 PM EDT.
  • “A level 1-2 Adventure Module compatible with the Mutant Crawl Classics RPG, including custom maps and minis!”
SOUL: A Sci-fi setting for Savage Worlds from OldCowboyGames :sav:
  • END DATE: Thu, August 27 2020 11:00 PM EDT.
  • TRY BEFORE YOU BUY: SOUL - Reap the Galaxy TD is free at DriveThruRPG
  • SOUL is a TTRPG for the Savage Worlds rule set. High tech and magic collide in a universe where your very soul can be used as currency.”
Vizor Role Playing System from Crenshupiter Networks
  • END DATE: Mon, August 24 2020 11:23 AM EDT.
  • “A fast-play, rules-lite role playing system that encourages collective storytelling. Great for pick-up games, and for creative players!”
CORE RPG: Vehicles & Mounts Guide from GMD Online
  • END DATE: Mon, August 24 2020 3:00 PM EDT.
  • “Vehicles & Mounts Guide: A comprehensive guide to Vehicles, Mounts, Trading and Characters for the GMD CORE RPG.”
Preparing for Paris: a Tabletop Roleplaying Game from Logan Timmins
  • END DATE: Fri, August 21 2020 12:08 PM EDT.
  • “Play a personified sport in American high school. Can you win your way to Olympic glory?”
Cthulhu Parlour's "Hotel Lovecraft" from Oliver McNeil
  • END DATE: Thu, August 27 2020 6:55 PM EDT.
  • “A truly unique nerve-jangling candlelit storytelling RPG, boardgame, gamebook & audio horror theatre hybrid. 1-5 Players aged 14+”
Apex: World of Dinosaurs Anthology from Outland Publications
  • END DATE: Tue, August 18 2020 12:33 PM EDT.
  • “Stories about dinosaurs by award-winning authors and new sci-fi writers!”
DND Pencil Topper Erasers, Journals, and Accessories from Otan’s Workshop :dndnext:
  • END DATE: Sun, August 23 2020 6:00 AM EDT.
  • “Affordable items great for any RPG player, tabletop gamer, or collector!”
Dark Art Book and Cards for DnD Games, Oracle Reading, etc. from Shadow Myths :dndnext:
  • END DATE: Thu, August 27 2020 7:52 AM EDT.
  • “ShadowMyths book and cards for DnD, Oracle Reading, Writing, and much more. Learn how to use the Turmoil deck to inspire you.”
Boss Battle from Boss Battle Games
  • END DATE: Thu, August 27 2020 11:00 AM EDT.
  • “Strategy card game mixed with an action queue where 1 to 4 players fight as a team of Heroes or as the ferocious Boss!”
Egg Embry participates in the OneBookShelf Affiliate Program and is an Amazon Associate. These programs provide advertising fees by linking to DriveThruRPG and Amazon.

Egg Embry

Egg Embry

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
The Complete Book of Illusion is the kind of supplement I'd have been tempted for in the Before Times, when I might be playing my illusionist face to face with people. (Although I'm confused about its use of a creeeeeeepy font for headings; illusions aren't creepy by default. A calligraphic font might have been better.) Pretty neat that it exists, though.

Dire Bare

Legend
The Complete Book of Illusion is the kind of supplement I'd have been tempted for in the Before Times, when I might be playing my illusionist face to face with people. (Although I'm confused about its use of a creeeeeeepy font for headings; illusions aren't creepy by default. A calligraphic font might have been better.) Pretty neat that it exists, though.

Never fear adventurer . . . the dark times will come to an end, and light and hope shall return to the land . . . someday . . .

Paragon Lost

Terminally Lost
Fria Ligan's Twilight 2000 Kickstarter just went live and is already 500% funded in less than an hour.

I backed it at the Deluxe Limited Edition level and tossed in some more to cover the GM Screen and shipping. I do have some worries though about the mechanics. I own all of the Forbidden Lands material and overall like the mechanics for that. I'm still not sold or so sure of it for Twilight 2000 mechanically speaking.

I have a lot of found memories of playing and running 1st and 2nd editions of Twilight 2000, even with its shortcomings it was a lot of fun to play. Especially coming from my background in the Army as a Recon Scout who served on the old West/East German and Czech borders during the cold war. We tended to do little tweaks to correct errors we noted at the time and expanded upon or clarified some issues we ran across back then.

Anyhow, I find myself excited but worried at the same time. I know that that a lot of folks are loving Aliens using this system, but that's a different sort of setting honestly than Twilight 2000 was/is. So, we'll see.

The Hiphop world looks cool. Tho I'm not into cyber genre.

Also, the cover of the Magic School is evocative - I was drawn in to look at all the interesting shenanigans going on. I'm gonna back this one.

Remove ads

Remove ads