RPG Crowdfunding News – TORG Eternity, Paranoia, GURPS, D&D Starter Set, and more

The Kickstarters, GameOnTabletop, and IndieGoGo RPG crowdfunding campaigns that are covered here end on or before July 23rd. A TORG Eternity sourcebook, a Paranoia expansion, a bundle of GURPS PDFs, a comic publisher tests out an RPG anthology, and a third party D&D starter set are just some of the offerings worth checking out this week.

Tharkold_Box_Mockup.png
TORG ETERNITY - THARKOLD [ENG] from Ulisses Spiele
  • END DATE: 07/14/2020 17:00 (GMT-4)
  • SYSTEM(S): TORG ETERNITY
  • PROJECT TYPE: Sourcebook
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $225 + $15 US S/H for the PDFs and boxset with books, cards, CDs, maps, dice, and more
  • NOTE: This campaign is conducted via GameOnTabletop
“Enter the next thrilling cosm for Torg Eternity! Tharkold has been a mess since Day One, and the situation only devolved as the war moved into its first year. With the death of High Lord Kranod, his Darkness Device and the entire cosm are now up for grabs. Rather than improve the circumstances for Core Earth resistance, this turn has made the situation even more dire and desperate. Kranod’s lethargic advance after the failures of the initial invasion limited the pressure on Russia and fostered a tentative alliance that did much to limit potential counter-offensives from the Delphi Council. Between the Blasted Land, the Mayhem Bloc, and the Wolflands… this ain't Hell, but it might as well be. Explore the unique Psionic and Magic abilities of Tharkold. Scavenge for high tech gear and hope that it works. Support a human resistance against literal demons. Navigate the violent repercussions of a three-way war between Jezrael, Thratchen, and President Volkov (who might be on your side). Survive - if you can - a cruel and ruthless wasteland. Welcome to Tharkold, Storm Knights. It is a reality of Domination, Ferocity, and Pain, and that's just the start...”

Project Infinite Hole- An R&D Sourcebox for the Paranoia RPG.jpg

Project Infinite Hole: An R&D Sourcebox for the Paranoia RPG from Mongoose Publishing :paranoia:
  • END DATE: Sun, July 19 2020 5:59 AM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Paranoia
  • PROJECT TYPE: Source boxset
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: £50 for the PDFs and boxed set
“A huge box set of experimental devices to test, scientists to avoid, safety rules to ignore and... some sort of Paranoia campaign? What’s Inside? Mayhem! Project Infinite Hole is the first service group supplement for the latest edition of Paranoia. Here, you will find three books that can make your players weep for joy, and occasionally, panicked fear. The R&D Happy Testing Catalogue: 64 lovingly crafted pages describing 40 experimental devices fresh from the R&D labs! The Gamemasters R&D Service Book: 80 pages that explore this service group in detail, including how R&D works, how it does not work, new locations, new NPCs and the thrilling Troubleshooter In-field R&D Adjunct system (TIRDA) that lets players combine equipment cards to create what’s sure to be a complete and utter cock-up. (That is not a dirty word! Get your mind out of the gutter, Troubleshooter!) The R&D Mission Book: 128 pages giving a busy GM two missions that start the first ever (we think) Paranoia campaign! You also get the R&D Deck with 120 new cards: 18 R&D-themed Action Cards, 15 Armour and Defensive Devices, 5 Bot Modules, 25 Coretech Apps, 25 Surveillance Devices and 32 Weapons.”

Book of Monstrous Might for 5E Dungeons & Dragons DnD RPG.png

Book of Monstrous Might for 5E Dungeons & Dragons DnD RPG from Total Party Kill Games :dndnext:
  • END DATE: Mon, July 20 2020 12:59 AM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition
  • PROJECT TYPE: Sourcebook
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $25 for the PDFs
  • NOTE: My interview with Brian Berg is coming to d20 Radio next week
“An arsenal of new monsters, playable races and unusual tactics for use with the 5E Dungeons & Dragons roleplaying game (RPG)! Based on concepts from our 5-star and gold-best seller Recovery Dice Options, this book adds NEW MONSTROUS RACES, NEW MONSTERS and NEW ABILITIES to use that will surprise and delight players as well as nefarious game masters. Written by a cast of some of today's finest fantasy authors, this book will give even the most experienced game master some new enjoyment and resurrect that joy of wonder, when players didn't know ‘every trick in the book.’ New monsters and variants, monster tactics, surprising encounters and shocking special abilities can be found aplenty in this Tabletop Master series title going behind the screen on monstrous might.”

Legends of Omeria Starter Set.jpg

Legends of Omeria Starter Set from DMDave :dndnext:
  • END DATE: Fri, July 17 2020 12:59 AM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition
  • PROJECT TYPE: Started set
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $70 + $5 US S/H for the PDF and print books, 120 miniatures, dice, battle mats, and more
“The NEW Fifth Edition Starter Set by DMDave, Cze/Peku, & PaperForge. Legends of Omeria is a Fifth Edition compatible Starter Set that comes with everything you need to play the world's most popular tabletop roleplaying game. Not only does it come a new and improved version of the classic Fifth Edition ruleset, but it also gives an all-new 64-page adventure, Winds of Vapul. Winds of Vapul is a Fifth-Edition compatible starter adventure for four 1st-level characters. Characters will reach the 5th-level by the adventure's conclusion.”

Steve Jackson Games' GURPS 2020 PDF Challenge.png

Steve Jackson Games' GURPS 2020 PDF Challenge from Steve Jackson Games / Warehouse 23 :gurps:
  • END DATE: Mon, July 13 2020 6:11 PM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): GURPS Fourth Edition
  • PROJECT TYPE: Sourcebooks
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $3 for all of the PDFs
  • NOTE: My interview with Phil Reed and Sean Punch about this Kickstarter can be read here
“Can we unlock all twelve PDFs before the clock runs out? Welcome to the Generic Universal RolePlaying System! With GURPS, you can be anyone you want – an elf hero fighting for the forces of good, a shadowy femme fatale on a deep-cover mission, a futuristic swashbuckler carving up foes with a force sword in his hand and a beautiful woman by his side . . . or literally anything else! Thanks to its flexibility, quality writing, and ease of use, GURPS has been the premiere universal roleplaying game for over three decades! The GURPS team, under the direction of GURPS Line Editor Sean Punch, has prepared a dozen different PDFs . . . and this is your chance to possibly grab all twelve of the new PDFs for only $3!”

Journal d'Indochine.png

Journal d'Indochine from Sons of the Singularity LLC :cth:
  • END DATE: Mon, July 20 2020 11:00 AM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Call of Cthulhu Seventh Edition
  • PROJECT TYPE: Campaign
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $38 + S/H for the PDF and print
“Horror and Intrigue in French Colonial-Era Vietnam in a campaign for the Call of Cthulhu TRPG. Journal d’Indochine is a set of scenarios and campaign resources for the Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition roleplaying game set in French colonial Vietnam (~1925 to 1955); a land in turmoil as Vietnamese partisans resist French colonial oppressors and Japanese invaders. Journal d’Indochine will be a 200+ page book containing 4 “play out of the box” scenarios. At the Leng stretch goal level, the Legionnaires Field Manual will be unlocked. The book will contain at least 100+ pages in length, at least 2 new scenarios (S5 & S6), new Player Factions, including the French Foreign Legion, new scenario hooks and new Lore Sheets.”

Adventure Presents- Tartarus Gate.png

Adventure Presents: Tartarus Gate from Rebellion Unplugged
Adventure Presents is a new RPG series from 2000 AD and Judge Dredd publishers Rebellion. Each issue is a stand-alone magazine with a unique story and characters, from some of the most exciting RPG designers and artists in the industry. For our grand opener Adventure is proud to present Tartarus Gate, a game of sci-fi horror written by Grant Howitt & Chris Taylor, and illustrated by Pye Parr. It’s the year 2130. You are an unpaid intern aboard the transport ship Charon, entrusted with shepherding cargo from Earth to the Tartarus Gate Waystation. You spend most of your time in suspended animation and are occasionally awoken by Assisti, the ship’s AI, to solve problems – replacing fuses, mopping up spills, unplugging things and plugging them in again, the usual. Things could be worse. Things could be much worse. Set on an isolated ship in deep space, Tartarus Gate is The Office meets cosmic horror, from the designers of Spire and Honey Heist. Visual feeds with the lower decks have gone down. Something is moving. You’re six months’ travel from the nearest help. And you really need to impress your employer if you want to be made permanent.”

Path of the Vanished- A 5e & B_X RPG Campaign!.png

Path of the Vanished: A 5e & B/X RPG Campaign! from Pacesetter Games & Simulations :dndnext:
  • END DATE: Thu, July 23 2020 6:00 PM EDT.
  • SYSTEM(S): Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition / BX
  • PROJECT TYPE: Adventure module
  • MOST POPULAR PLEDGE: $45 + S/H for the PDF and hardcover of the book
“It has been 50 years since the purple-sailed ships terrorized the coasts. But they have returned and this time they have become more ruthless and horrifically efficient. Thousands have vanished... do your heroes have what it takes to defeat the mysterious Raiders?! Path of the Vanished is a campaign-style adventure that finds the adventurers on the trail of the Raiders. Path of the Vanished is designed for starting characters of approximately third level. It has two rule system options; the Fifth Edition (5E) version of the world's first fantasy role-playing game, and the BX Role Playing Game. The 5E version will take characters from third level to tenth level as the campaign progresses. BX characters will start at approximately third level and will most likely complete the adventure series at sixth or seventh level.”

RPG QUICK HITS

Things Heroes Say from Bryn G Jones
  • END DATE: Fri, July 17 2020 10:26 AM EDT.
  • “A fantasy artbook / RPG phrasebook.”
Storybox! from Jessica Crimes
  • END DATE: Tue, July 21 2020 8:00 AM EDT.
  • “A collection of 8 unique TTRPGs, focused on high-energy single session games. Illustrations by www.MeganDobbyn.co.uk”
The Bones of Kalkratha: An Adventure for DnD 5th Edition from Dark Realm Roleplay :dndnext:
  • END DATE: Thu, July 23 2020 6:00 PM EDT.
  • “Also features a re-imagining of the Kenku, a range of Kenku magical items and a collection of highly detailed 1 inch / 25 mil Maps”
King Slayer Adventure Path-Hexplore Your Evil Side from John R Davis :dndnext:
  • END DATE: Wed, July 13 2020
  • NOTE: This campaign is through IndieGoGo
  • King Slayer Part 1: Storm The Gate for 5th ed D&D. Designed for 1st-level to 4th-level evil PCs.”
Dawn and Dusk Dice - Cat's Eye Stone Dice for Tabletop Games from Tempus 🎲
  • END DATE: Thu, July 23 2020 8:03 AM EDT.
  • “Handmade Dice using Cat's Eye Stone - Affordable and Stylish for your next Dungeons and Dragons or Pathfinder game.”
Monster Scenery: Metropolis from Monster Fight Club :minis:
  • END DATE: Thu, July 9 2020 2:00 PM EDT.
  • “Durable, Full-Color, Buildings, Urban Terrain, and City Street Game Maps for your Tabletop Games.”
Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters for 5th Edition from EN Publishing :enp:
  • END DATE: Fri, July 31 2020 6:00 PM EDT.
  • NOTE: This project is published by EN Publishing, the parent company of EN World
  • NOTE TWO: I’ll cover this in more detail in the following weeks
  • “A beautiful 5th Edition hardcover tome of legendary figures from Achilles to Robin Hood, Thor to Dracula, King Arthur to Baba Yaga!”
Egg Embry participates in the OneBookShelf Affiliate Program and is an Amazon Associate. These programs provide advertising fees by linking to DriveThruRPG and Amazon.

Egg Embry

Egg Embry

The Legends of Omeria Starter Set is interesting. I would have never thought of a 3PP starter set for D&D 5e. Not likely to get it, but I'm interested in what it has to offer.
I'm in the same boat, I'd never thought of it. Thinking on it I could see doing starter sets. To that end, doing a starter set for some of the larger 3PP settings makes sense to me.

Paragon Lost

Terminally Lost
I'm in the same boat, I'd never thought of it. Thinking on it I could see doing starter sets. To that end, doing a starter set for some of the larger 3PP settings makes sense to me.

I'll blame it on not having finished my coffee yet, but I can't for the life of me parse what "3PP" means?

Edit: Read back over it above and still don't get the context. Also wanted to agree that it's a good looking starter set.

I'll blame it on not having finished my coffee yet, but I can't for the life of me parse what "3PP" means?

Edit: Read back over it above and still don't get the context. Also wanted to agree that it's a good looking starter set.
Sorry. 3PP is a Third Party Publisher. In RPG, it's generally a publisher of OGL content.

Paragon Lost

Terminally Lost
Sorry. 3PP is a Third Party Publisher. In RPG, it's generally a publisher of OGL content.

Thanks, I just couldn't figure it out. I now feel a bit dense. :) I'll blame it on age, and having been a gamer since the spring of 1978 tied to having to learn way to many military and government related acronyms over the decades. I think I'm just totally saturated mentally anymore when it comes to acronyms. :) I've heard the term many times of course.

Ravenbrook

Explorer
I've backed the Journal d'Indochine. A CoC campaign in which all of the male characters are members of the French Foreign Legion certainly would be interesting. It would also provide a great explanation as to why the characters come from all over the globe.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases