RPG Print News – Cubicle 7, Arc Dream Publishing, and More

This week in fantasy sees Drizz’t minis for D&D, an adventure and supplement for Warhammer and...

This week in fantasy sees Drizz’t minis for D&D, an adventure and supplement for Warhammer and Symbaroum, and the race of moon elves. Alien has a marine book, Star Trek has dice, and the Starship Warden is back. Finally, there are additional adventures from Swordfish Island and a GM Screen for Sins, a post-apocalyptic RPG.

49 drizzt.JPG

Note: RPG Print News covers new RPG releases and some classics, reprints, and sales available from online retailers. It does not cover products that are only available to customers through kickstarter, directly from a publisher website, or as print on demand.

Drizz't & the Companions of the Hall By Gale Force Nine
  • SYSTEM: Dungeons & Dragons 5th Edition
  • PRODUCT TYPE: six figure unpainted minis box set
  • RETAIL PRICE: $50
  • DESCRIPTION: Includes Drizz't Do'Urden and his companion the panther Guenhwyvar. Also includes his long serving friends and allies, the Companions of the Hall: the dwarf Bruenor Battlehammer, Catti-Bre, Wulfgar and the halfling Regis. Some assembly may be required.

49 power behind the throne.JPG
Power Behind the Throne (Collector's Edition) by Cubicle 7
  • SYSTEM: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay
  • PRODUCT TYPE: two hardcover supplements in a slipcase
  • RETAIL PRICE: $149.99
  • DESCRIPTION: Part three of five of the revised and updated Director`s Cut of the Enemy Within from Warhammer 1E. The PCs travel from Altdorf to the city of Middenheim, a towering city-state in the north of the Empire where trouble brews and a play for power is made. The printed elements have a minimum tonal palette in keeping with WFRP`s style and have a Spot UV finish layered over them and silver foil highlights.
49 impossible landscapes.JPG

Impossible Landscapes by Arc Dream Publishing
  • SYSTEM: Delta Green
  • PRODUCT TYPE: hardcover adventure supplement
  • RETAIL PRICE: $64.99
  • OTHER RPG NEWS: Agent’s Handbook review, Handler’s Guide review and live on 9/16: Campaign Kickoff: Impossible Landscapes
  • DESCRIPTION: This campaign covers four operations against the King in Yellow from this world to the country of Carcosa. Includes the possibility of some time travel and reality manipulation, facing demons, and dealing with surreal horror. Includes new entities, new artifacts, new tomes, dozens of new NPCs, and rules for running surreal horror. Includes the amazing art and layout of Delta Green along with the scrawled notes of Agents who have gone before the PCs.
49 colonial marines.JPG
Colonial Marines Operational Manual by Free League Publishing
  • SYSTEM: Alien RPG
  • PRODUCT TYPE: hardcover supplement
  • RETAIL PRICE: $44.99
  • OTHER RPG NEWS: Alien RPG review
  • DESCRIPTION: A complete campaign module. PCs get all the tools they need to run a full campaign as the iconic Colonial Marines. Includes the history and organization of the USCMC, expanded character creation rules for grunts of all kinds, new weapons and vehicles, The Frontier War (a framework and backstory for a Colonial Marines campaign), factions and powers of the Frontier and their dark agendas, six missions, and The Endgame (a showdown against a deadly enemy is finally revealed).
49 adventure collection.JPG
49 the haunted waste.JPG
Adventure Collection | The Haunted Waste by Free League Publishing
  • SYSTEM: Symbaroum
  • PRODUCT TYPE: hardcover supplements
  • RETAIL PRICE: $39.99 each
  • DESCRIPTION: The Adventure Collection assembles the content of three previously published products. It includes six adventures including forest expeditions, excavations of ancient ruins, political intrigues, witch hunts, and murder mysteries. The Haunted Waste is the fifth episode of the Chronicle of the Throne of Thorns. The people of the Davokar region are again threatened by war and famine, and then by an even deadlier aggressor. It also includes support for creating adventures in the lost lands of the south and in a war-torn Ambria.
49 the starship warden.JPG

The Starship Warden By Troll Lord Games
  • SYSTEM: Siege Engine
  • PRODUCT TYPE: hardcover supplement
  • RETAIL PRICE: $79.99
  • DESCRIPTION: PCs are trapped on the Starship Warden. Something went horribly awry. Radiation leaks, singularity, mutations, madness, what it was, is lost to time. The PCs inherit the damaged ship and dwell in a world of want and despair. PCs fight their fellow inhabitants, beastly mutants, cyborgs, self-aware robotic humanoids, and other creatures who vie for the precious resources of the beleaguered starship. The PCs either rise in the chaos of the Warden and bend its apocalypse to your will or are ground away in the lonely depths of deep space.
49 moon elves.JPG

Moon Elves by Planar Compass
  • SYSTEM: Old-School Essentials/OSR
  • PRODUCT TYPE: softcover supplement
  • RETAIL PRICE: $12
  • DESCRIPTION: Millenia ago, the Empire of artificers, genomemancers, and technomancers sent their scientist cosmonaut volunteers on flying ship-machines to the forested green moon to escape a terrible war. There they began to learn the secrets of moon trees and plants and their native faerie-bugs. They learned telepathy, cloning, and genetic manipulation. And they transformed the telepathic moon trees into bio-computers. When some of them returned to their devasted radioactive home planet, all was changed. The surviving humans and mutant orcs and goblins of the ruined world, now a place of medieval barbarism, called these now-alien beings moon elves.
49 swordfish down and out.JPG
49 swordfish the waking.JPG
49 swordfish trashplanet.JPG

Down and Out in Dredgeburg | The Waking of Willowby Hall | Trash Planet Epsilon 5 by Swordfish Islandhttps://www.nobleknight.com/P/2147921850/Trash-Planet-Epsilon-5?awid=1086
  • SYSTEM: Worlds of Dungeons-engine/Knave/Electric Bastionland
  • PRODUCT TYPE: softcover supplements
  • RETAIL PRICE: $15 each
  • DESCRIPTION: In Down and Out in Dredgeburg PCs have died and woken up in the city of Dredgeburg, a dark oasis of sorts, wedged in between the many hells of the Underworld. Features: character sheet, six districts each with their own flair and adventure hooks, three classes (The Gore, The Dreg and The Witch), over 20 hand drawn illustrations, adventure generators, and NPC names and quirks table. The Waking of Willowby Hall is a dense, highly interactive RPG adventure set in a ruined manor beset by a rampaging giant, roving bands of restless dead, and a very angry goose for PCs of approximately 3rd level. Features: "One Page Dungeon" maps that allow the DM to run much of the adventure at a glance, bullet points and control-panel layout for maximum ease of use. Trash Planet Epsilon 5 is cyberjunk and takes place in the galactic dump orbiting planet Epsilon. It has grown so huge as to generate its own gravity, drawing in more than just space junk. An orbital platform constructed above this sphere of coagulated garbage brings desperate characters seeking to escape their tragic pasts by salvaging the invaluable treasures rumored to lie beneath the trash heaps of Epsilon 5.
49 Starfleet dice.JPG
Starfleet Command Division Dice Set - Red (6) | Starfleet Operations Division Dice Set - Gold (6) | Starfleet Sciences Division Dice Set - Blue (6) by Modiphius Entertainmenthttps://www.nobleknight.com/P/2147924931/Sciences-Division-Dice-Set---Blue-7-Revised?awid=1086
  • SYSTEM: Star Trek Adventures
  • PRODUCT TYPE: each a set of six dice
  • RETAIL PRICE: $19.99 each
  • DESCRIPTION: The dice sets each include two twenty-sided dice with the Starfleet delta on the 1 face and four six-sided Challenge Dice with damage results on the 1 and 2 faces and the Starfleet delta on the 5 and 6 faces to represent Effects.
49 sins gm screen.JPG

Sins Game Master's Screen by First Falling Leaf
  • SYSTEM: Sins RPG
  • PRODUCT TYPE: four-panel game screen
  • RETAIL PRICE: $25
  • DESCRIPTION: GMs can hide the true horrors of the dying world from their players. Includes reference information and generation prompt tables for NPCs and Narrative events, ensuring the GM is never caught short of inspiration for gaming.

Charles Dunwoody

Charles Dunwoody

Ghost2020

Adventurer
Those are the ones I purchased (above).

Here's the d20 from the previous release, plus you had 3 d20 per set. The Challenge dice also had a starfield. Which I can easily let go of that, as it made them harder to read.

d20 trek dice.jpg
d20 trek dice2.jpg

TheSword

Legend
I got my collectors edition Power Behind the Throne in the post last week. It really is beautiful, and such a good adventure.

If people ever want roleplaying/investigation based adventures they could do far worse than this. If I ever was going to convert an adventure to Call of Cthulhu or gothic horror the Enemy Within could easily be modernized.

I got my collectors edition Power Behind the Throne in the post last week. It really is beautiful, and such a good adventure.

If people ever want roleplaying/investigation based adventures they could do far worse than this. If I ever was going to convert an adventure to Call of Cthulhu or gothic horror the Enemy Within could easily be modernized.

I wonder if it could simply be set in the Renaissance for Call of Cthulhu? Or even a bit later at the end of the 18th century like Reign of Terror?

TheSword

Legend
I wonder if it could simply be set in the Renaissance for Call of Cthulhu? Or even a bit later at the end of the 18th century like Reign of Terror?
I think both could apply.

Merchant houses, isolated aristocracy, murder in dive bars, a hi-jacked coach, carnival, meteors landing, the plots of a city council. It would need work, but the key elements and NPCs are definitely translatable.

I remember reading somewhere that the 1e WFRP was an attempt to give D&D a CoC feel.

I think both could apply.

Merchant houses, isolated aristocracy, murder in dive bars, a hi-jacked coach, carnival, meteors landing, the plots of a city council. It would need work, but the key elements and NPCs are definitely translatable.

I remember reading somewhere that the 1e WFRP was an attempt to give D&D a CoC feel.

I am not a longtime player of CoC having started running a few adventures just last year. But I would use Pulp Cthulhu if I was going to take ideas from the Enemy Within to use in CoC. Warhammer has a lot of combat in addition to all the plots and chaos. I'm not sure CoC investigators are sturdy enough for the amount of expected combat in the Enemy Within. Although a Keeper could dial it back with some work I suppose.

I wonder if the Enemy Within could be used as inspiration for a campaign in the eastern USA of Down Darker Trails using Pulp Cthulhu? That might be interesting.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads