RPG Print News – Mongoose, Goodman Games, Modiphius, and More

D&D gets nothing this week. I’m as surprised as you are. However, Dungeon Crawl Classics gets a new adventure and Traveller gets three new adventures that work with the Mercenary Box Set. Dyson also has magic swords for your d20 fantasy. More adventures: a train assault for Achtung! Cthulhu 2d20 and a film crew stalked by TerrorHog for Crawlspace. The late 80s are back also with support for Advanced Fighting Fantasy - The Roleplaying Game.

99 dweller between worlds.JPG

Note: RPG Print News covers new RPG releases and some classics, reprints, and sales available from retailers. It does not cover products that are only available directly to customers through kickstarter or as print on demand.

Dweller Between the Worlds by Goodman Games
  • SYSTEM: Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG
  • PRODUCT TYPE: softcover adventure
  • RETAIL PRICE: $9.99
  • DESCRIPTION: A 1st-level adventure that taps into the primordial powers of creation and pulls PCs into an interdimensional journey. The PCs are drawn into a conflict with an ancient extraplanar entity that exists outside their world, whose hosts have consumed countless planets for raw materials and slaves that – if left unchecked – would transform their home into a desolate waste.
99 traveller veloren.JPG
99 traveller bug hunt.JPG
99 traveller must travel.JPG

Mercenary Adventure 1 - Verloren Hoop | Mercenary Adventure 2 - Bug Hunt | Mercenary Adventure 3 - Must Travel, Need Guns by Mongoose Publishing
  • SYSTEM: Traveller and Mercenary Box Set
  • PRODUCT TYPE: softcover adventures
  • RETAIL PRICE: $19.99 each
  • DESCRIPTION: In Verloren Hoop, the Travellers fight a war for Medrealm against the Galian Federation which is winning. The offworld mercenaries and their Medrealmer allies are trapped. The choice is between surrender and a desperate lunge up the Aix Valley to buy time for a desperate enterprise – a Verloren Hoop or Forlorn Hope. The Travellers are sent to infiltrate the high slopes of the Transaix Pass, collapsing the mountainside ahead of the advancing Galians and giving time to escape. Bug Hunt introduces Travellers to the Pokoss, a destructive nuisance on Paradise of El. Their behavior has changed, and security forces are calling for assistance. A mercenary unit is required to drive back an infestation of the creatures threatening Aldia City. Overwhelmed by the enormous numbers of Pokoss, the Travellers must coordinate a defense of the city against the external threat while dealing with inept superiors and unruly militia leaders. In Must Travel, Need Guns an unexpectedly hot engagement by the Travellers against insurgents reveals offworld support of advanced weapons. The Travellers have been ordered to withdraw, but they are allowed to clear their flanks. The Travellers would have to raid the insurgents' home base and if they happen to seize a shipment of powerful weapons in the process… well, that is mere coincidence.
99 dysons book of swords.JPG

Dyson's Book of Swords by Square Hex
  • SYSTEM: The Black Hack/D&D/OSR
  • PRODUCT TYPE: 104 page softcover supplement
  • RETAIL PRICE: $17.49
  • DESCRIPTION: A compilation of full page illustrations of a sword on one page with a description of the sword's magical properties on the facing page. Based on the #Swordtember and #Choptober entries posted on the Dyson Logos blog in September and October 2021. Dyson does great work, so if you’re looking for magic swords look no further.
99 assault on the fuhrer.JPG

Assault on the Fuhrer Train by Modiphius Entertainment
  • SYSTEM: Achtung! Cthulhu 2d20
  • PRODUCT TYPE: softcover adventure
  • RETAIL PRICE: $18.10
  • DESCRIPTION: A 50-page standalone mission for Resistance agents to assault a train. In November 1944 the US Army and German defenders settle down in a stalemate as they watch each warily across the Siegfried Line. In just a few short days the Battle of the Bulge kicks off, but other forces are also at play in the snowy Ardennes. Can be run as a prequel to the main Forest of Fear campaign, or can be played as an exciting standalone adventure in its own right. Includes blueprints and maps of the steel behemoth as well as five pre-generated resistance heroes.
99 terrorhog.JPG

TerrorHog - A Crawlspace Event by Peryton Publishing
  • SYSTEM: Tom’s Action Card Kit Crawlspace
  • PRODUCT TYPE: softcover adventure with rules to play
  • RETAIL PRICE: $20
  • DESCRIPTION: Bridging the gap between the basement and the main floor, the crawlspace is where light never intrudes and where lost things like to remain hidden. The PCs are trapped in that realm between the self- aware audience and the cast on the silver screen. Florida. Elvis sightings. Giant hog sightings. The sightings have increased alarmingly in the Kissimmee River swamps east of Sarasota. Of giant hogs not the King. PCs are a film crew on a mission to confirm the existence of "TerrorHog" on film. A savage attack left two dead, presumed to be two models although authorities were unable to find enough of their bodies to officially confirm. The photographer and his assistant were found wandering around the swamp in a near-catatonic state, babbling incoherently about tusks. If you want backwoods low budget horror you have found it. Apparently uses cards as randomizers and there is even a Crawlspace Gothic available for PCs to join Pitchfork Productions. These are exactly the movies I’d watch for free on Tubi when the rest of my family isn’t around. Trying to resist buying it, but I’m likely going to give in.
99 journal gi joe.JPG
99 journal transformers.JPG
99 journal hunter.JPG
99 journal vampire.JPG

G.I. Joe RPG Character Journal | Transformers RPG Character Journal | Hunter - The Reckoning Character Journal | Vampire the Masquerade Character Journal by Renegade Game Studios
99 combat companion.JPG
99 citadel of chaos.JPG

Combat Companion (hardcover) |
Combat Companion (softcover) | Citadel of Chaos (hardcover) | Citadel of Chaos (softcover) by Arion Games
  • SYSTEM: Advanced Fighting Fantasy - The Roleplaying Game
  • PRODUCT TYPE: supplement/adventure
  • RETAIL PRICE: $21.95/$18.95/$34.95/$30.95
  • DESCRIPTION: Late 80s roleplaying for a modern age, this one arrived on the scene around the same time Spelljammer - Adventures in Space first debuted. The Combat Companion includes: alternative Hero creation, four new Special Skills, 12 new Talents, Critical and Fumble tables, 10 alternative combat rules, 12 Combat Options, martial arts in nine styles, Combat Magic school, 17 spells, magic and mundane weapons and armor, mounted combat rules and new mounts, and 23 monster templates. Deep inside the Citadel of Chaos the dread sorcerer, Balthus Dire, is plotting and scheming the downfall of the good folk of Salamonis. The PCs must stop him. It is kill or be killed. Contains: getting to the Citadel, a four act adventure with 85 scenes, Black Sorcery - a new Magic style, and pregenerated heroes.

Charles Dunwoody

Charles Dunwoody

I gave in and got TerrorHog. It is more amazing than I could have hoped for. It has an optional drinking game for the GM and players. There is a gratuitous Elvis. The GM advice includes: And of course it's always fun to maul your friends with a giant hog. A great purchase; money well spent.

I gave in and got TerrorHog. It is more amazing than I could have hoped for. It has an optional drinking game for the GM and players. There is a gratuitous Elvis. The GM advice includes: And of course it's always fun to maul your friends with a giant hog. A great purchase; money well spent.
That was the one that really caught my eye, and not just because of the blonde (though I'll admit she helped). I love these weird pulpy b-movie type ideas. You can have so much fun for them. Good to know that it was a good purchase!

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases