RPG Print News – Wizkids, Steamforged, Atlas Games, and More

This week includes a mix of models, modules, maps, RPGs, and more. Paper buildings by WizKids, miniatures and maps by Steamforged, and space maps. The Sentinel Comics RPG has a new Special Edition and many supplements. Also new items for Against the Darkmaster, Mistborn, Shadowrun, and Magical Kitties. Now you can play a super hero, a magical kitty, a cyberpunk orc, and more.

22 Ten Towns.jpg
22 the Lodge.jpg

Icewind Dale - Rime of the Frostmaiden - Ten Towns Papercraft Set | Icewind Dale - Rime of the Frostmaiden - The Lodge Papercraft Set by WizKids
  • RETAIL PRICE: $29.99 | $15.99
  • SYSTEM: Dungeon & Dragons Fifth Edition
  • PRODUCT TYPE: paper models
  • DESCRIPTION: Enhance the adventure, Rime of the Frostmaiden with paper models of buildings. Ten Towns includes three buildings: tavern, apothecary, and residence. The Lodge is an inn the PCs can stay at while they try to stop Ten Towns from being buried in snow. Includes a paper model building of a lodge.
22 village goblin king.jpg
22 swamp hydra.jpg

Epic Encounters: Village of the Goblin King | Epic Encounters: Swamp of the Hydra By Steamforged Games
  • RETAIL PRICE: $49.95 | $39.95
  • SYSTEM: Dungeon & Dragons Fifth Edition
  • PRODUCT TYPE: box of unpainted pre-assembled miniatures and encounter book
  • DESCRIPTION:Village of the Goblin King is an adventure complete with miniatures. Hiding in their treetop village are the giggling goblins and their cruel knives. As if goblin malice is not enough the ground has begun to rot, polluting the soil and spoiling harvest. And the goblins know why. Includes four Bloodwood Goblin mounted on Arrowtongue Tree Frog (50mm Base), four Bloodwood Goblin Frog Chewer (20mm Base), six Bloodwood Goblins (20mm Base), four Blood Dart Goblin Enforcers (25mm Base), Greenfang Flail Snail (50mm Base), Bloodwood Goblin Hetman (25mm Base), double-sided game mat, adventure book with monsters and tips & tricks for building tension and excitement. Swamp of the Hydra is adventure in which the reptilian horror, the hydra, oozes corruption and has twisted the plants and warped the creatures of the fetid swamp it calls home. Can be used as the finale to Village of the Goblin Chief. Contains: Swamp Hydra Miniature (100mm Base), 12 Bloodwood Goblin Tokens, Poison Gas Token, six unstable turf tokens, double-sided game mat, and adventure book.
22 sentinel comics core.jpg
22 sentinel comics special edition.jpg

Sentinel Comics the Roleplaying Game - Core Rulebook Special Edition | Sentinel Comics the Roleplaying Game - Core Rulebook by Greater Than Games
  • RETAIL PRICE: $99.95 | $59.95
  • SYSTEM: unique
  • PRODUCT TYPE: hardcover core rulebook
  • DESCRIPTION: A game of super-powerful heroes, dastardly villains, and the conflicts between them in a world of comic book storytelling. Includes rules for both PCs and the GM. The Special Edition comes in a textured leather bound cover.
22 sentinel gm screen.jpg

Sentinel Comics RPG GM Kit
  • PRODUCT TYPE: boxed set
  • RETAIL PRICE: $39.95
  • DESCRIPTION: Includes: a double-sided dry-erase scene tracker with an average scene tracker on one side and a black and white scene tracker on the other, 16 double-sided dry-erase cards (challenge, minion, and lieutenant), six blank dry-erase cards for tracking action order, tear-off pad of 100 full-color double-sided blank hero character sheets, tear-off pad of 100 full-color double-sided blank villain/minion/lieutenant sheets, and a four-panel GM screen with full-color art.
22 sentinel dice.jpg

Sentinel Comics RPG Dice Set
  • PRODUCT TYPE: 15 dice
  • RETAIL PRICE: $19.95
  • DESCRIPTION: Includes Sentinel Comics: The Roleplaying Game uses a range of dice from four-sided to twelve-sided. We've created a set with three of each of those die types for you. Our dice are customized with engraved numbers in one of our signature Sentinel Comics fonts. Each die type is a different color made to match the example images in the core rulebook as well as the colors of each section tab. All dice are made from colored, semi-translucent material with darker flecks throughout as a visual nod to the look of comic book half tone patterns. White numbers complete the aesthetic and are easily visible so the action doesn't stop because you can't read your dice!
22 mk kitty treats.jpg
22 mk alien invasion.jpg
22 mk mars colony.jpg
22 mk wild ones.jpg

Magical Kitties: Kitty Treats | Magical Kitties: Alien Invasion | Magical Kitties: Mars Colony | Magical Kitties: Wild Ones by Atlas Games
  • SYSTEM: Magical Kitties Save The Day!
  • RETAIL PRICE: $9.95 | $14.95 each
  • PRODUCT TYPE: wooden play tokens | 32-page full color adventure with poster map
  • DESCRIPTION: Kitty Treats are used to reroll any or all dice, avoid taking an Injury, boost a Magical Power, or add something to the story beyond a kitty’s control. Treats are earned by kitties using their Flaw in an interesting or fun way. These treats replace the punchboard tokens in the boxed set with double-sided screen printed wood. In Alien Invasion, the PC kitties have to thwart alien invasions. In Mars Colony, the PC kitty krew help the Humans with their problems on their colony on the Red Planet which poses unique challenges. In Wild Ones, the PC magical kitties leave suburbia and venture into the dark forests and vast plains where the Wild Ones live, without any humans to help at all.
22 misborn dice.jpg

Mistborn Complete Allomancy Dice Set by Crafty Games
  • SYSTEM: Mistborn Adventure Game
  • PRODUCT TYPE: 20 dice
  • RETAIL PRICE: $24.95 each
  • DESCRIPTION: The dice are silver premium acrylic dice, each featuring a different Allomantic symbol from the Mistborn era on the 6 face.
22 battle maps scifi.jpg

Immersive Battle Maps in Space by Yarro Studios
  • SYSTEM: systemless sci-fi
  • PRODUCT TYPE: hardcover book of battle maps
  • RETAIL PRICE: $59.99
  • DESCRIPTION: 25 full color sci-fi location dry and wet erase maps with a 1 inch grid. Each map is 17"x22" and has lay flat binding with no coils. Also includes three fold out
22 against dark master gm screen.jpg

Against the Dark Master DM Screen and Booklet by Open Ended Games
  • SYSTEM: Against the Darkmaster
  • PRODUCT TYPE: GM screen and booklet
  • RETAIL PRICE: $30
  • DESCRIPTION: Illustrated and laminated cardboard GM Screen. Also comes with a 32-page booklet filled with more tables.
22 shadowrun tarot.jpg

Shadowrun Sixth Edition Tarot – Arcanist Edition by Catalyst Games
  • SYSTEM: Shadowrun
  • PRODUCT TYPE: deck of Shadowrun art
  • RETAIL PRICE: $39.99
  • DESCRIPTION: A collection of Shadowrun art by Echo Chernik. The Arcanist Edition has a larger size than previous versions. Can be used as a game aid, art collection, or functioning tarot deck.

Last edited:

Charles Dunwoody

Charles Dunwoody

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
Those pictures of the maps lay decently flat for the middle of the book, does the maps near the front and the back lay flat as well, anyone know? I like that ship/sea map, no spirals in the middle that stick out and break the visual of the map.

AriochQ

Adventurer
Those pictures of the maps lay decently flat for the middle of the book, does the maps near the front and the back lay flat as well, anyone know? I like that ship/sea map, no spirals in the middle that stick out and break the visual of the map.
I kickstarted the book. You generally need to stick something under one cover if using maps towards the ends. I usually use a couple of d6 and it works fine.

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
Those are some good-looking superhero dice. Definitely a lesson here for other dice manufacturers: Sometimes, what you need is a good new typeface, rather than more expensive bells and whistles or designs that make them harder to read at a glance.
My "favorite" are an ad I keep getting on Facebook for black dice with raised black numbers.

Yes. They are very cool looking. Now how about you use dice that everyone can read.

talien

Community Supporter
Those are some good-looking superhero dice. Definitely a lesson here for other dice manufacturers: Sometimes, what you need is a good new typeface, rather than more expensive bells and whistles or designs that make them harder to read at a glance.
Much of my professional life is dedicated to stopping the use of Comic Sans font. Except here. Here it works.

talien

Community Supporter
My "favorite" are an ad I keep getting on Facebook for black dice with raised black numbers.

Yes. They are very cool looking. Now how about you use dice that everyone can read.
I just got dice that have little tiny plastic skulls in them. Adorable. Totally impossible to read, but I'll still probably try to use them for my necromancer character. But unless the dice are that cool it's very rare I make these types of concessions to legibility.

And don't get me started on how it most assuredly unbalances the die rolls...

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases