• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RPG Software Library, 3.5 and update (RPM)

Luke

Explorer
RPG Software Library
RPM now has a software library providing resources for all sorts of time-saving and useful supplements.
This includes things such as adventures, assorted maps, campaign information, rules information, NPC packs, and monster packs.
The idea is to have all sorts of useful stuff available at your finger tips, for either prepartion work, or in-game play.

I would be happy to accept submissions from others to add to the library.

Program Update
The latest version (4.0.5) does have some new features, but the real focus is on quality .
For one thing, I've put a huge amount of effort into verifying all the data and rules for all the core races (Aasimar to Zombie) - and I'm very pleased with the result. Things such as AC, saves, attacks and damage have been carefully scrutinized, and I've adjusted some of RPM's scripts as a result.
It turned out that to get the rules fully correct for all situations (especially attacks and damage), you had to go past the official rule books - to certain articles published by the original designers!

There are some particularly nice features for those simply using RPM to generate and maintain their characters. This includes things such as the Character Generator wizard, automatically updating all attacks and other stats as you proceed, and the equipment selection window also showing you your current equipment list.
Whilst there's an awful lot to RPM, as a player, you can now do all sorts of useful things working with just the "PC/Creature" window.

RPM and 3.5
With the official release of 3.5 due in a few days, I'll be able to start preparing the 3.5 dataset.
I've had a lot of e-mail queries about this lately, and I'm happy to report that RPM will be providing the best of both worlds, in a very easy fashion!
  • You will be able to download both the 3.0 and 3.5 datasets, and then choose which one you wish to use for any given adventure.
  • RPM's framework for storing information and rules related to core scripts, races, classes, items, feats, skills and general abilities, should make a 3.5 dataset implementation fairly easy work.
  • Thankfully, I built a quick and easy ReCalculate function in RPM, from the ground up. This allows you to change virtually anything from the race to a class to a template, and have it all instantly recalculated for you. This should mean that character and creature conversion becomes very simple with switching between the version datasets.
  • And, of course, you'll be getting all the new information (races, classes, spells etc) for free.

No Ennie nomination for RPM?
A few people have queried me about this, assuming that RPM would have been on the Ennie nomination list.
I asked Russ about this last year, and the rules just don't allow it. The Ennies are for D20 licensed products, and RPM is published under the Open Gaming License.
It may seem a bit silly, but the better your program is at doing D20 stuff, the harder it is to live with the license restrictions of D20. Anyway, rules are rules!

You can grab all the new stuff here .

Remove ads