RPG stats for all Dungeons of Dread minis

OakwoodDM

First Post
Wow, one quick look and that Beholder's nasty! Minor action to give someone Def -5 and Vulnerable Fire 5, then a standard action to hit them with a fire ray that'll almost certainly hit, plus hit someone else with another ray. And he's got an action point!

Plus, good luck trying to get away from 7th level paladins, if that one's anything to go by!

Stalker0

Legend
The first thing I'm curious about is the timing of some abilities.

For example, the warrior wight has a soul reaping ability that it can use on immbolized targets. Its standard attack causes immobilization for 1 round. However, when exactly does the immobilization wear off? If it at the end of the opponent's turn, in which case soul reaping only works when you have multiple wights. Or does it work at the end of the wights next turn?

Also, certain abilities seem a bit confusing. for example, does a trog's stench slow you for the entire encounter, or just give you the defense/attack penalties for the encounter? If its the former that is a HEINOUS ability!!

Stalker0

Legend
The cards are also a good indicator that you can NOT obtain the rules for pcs from looking at monster cards. Several of the cards in there with pcesque classes have damages that make no sense with their strength scores, etc.

Derren

Hero
No reroll ability for the halfling.
Was it left out on purpose or does that mean that NPCs halflings are not "halfling enough" for their racial abilities?

Who knows......

Khuxan

First Post
Derren said:
No reroll ability for the halfling.
Was it left out on purpose or does that mean that NPCs halflings are not "halfling enough" for their racial abilities?

Who knows......

The reroll ability is a nice ability for a PC, but on an NPC it takes up time and space that could be better spent on interesting, active powers.

Derren

Hero
Khuxan said:
The reroll ability is a nice ability for a PC, but on an NPC it takes up time and space that could be better spent on interesting, active powers.

Oh, sorry that I expect that a member of a race does possesses the characteristics of said race. I forgot that in 4E there is a distinction between halflings and HALFLINGS.

BASHMAN

Basic Action Games
Seems like 2H weapons don't give more STR bonus. Lame. Hopefully they make up for this with Kewl Powerz.

I think that the "dwarf weapon training" and "elf weapon training" might actually change d8 damage weapons into d10 damage weapons (or d10 into d12, etc). Several longbow users do d8 damage, but eladrin ranger pc does d10...

Remove ads