• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RPG systems you liked -- much to your surprise

Voadam

Legend
3e D&D.

I was running 2e and enjoying it a lot, had a great feel for generating power challenges that put things right on the edge without TPKs and was comfortable with running the system and throwing things in or adapting other material. I was buying lots of different systems just to read them and for inspiration for my 2e games (earthdawn, tunnels and trolls, Elric!, world of darkness sorcerer, ars magica, Pendragon, Shadowrun, Rifts, etc.). I also felt I had enough stuff to keep playing 2e for decades even if the game line ended and no new books ever came out.

So then when my preordered 3e PH came I was surprised I liked the new system enough to convert my campaign over to 3e.

Particle_Man

Explorer
Deadlands -- I like fantasy games but normally don't wish to play in any setting that involves guns. But by God, Deadlands (classic version) just rocks the house. With the poker chips, cards, etc., it all fits. As long as you don't expect to win... :)

isidorus

Explorer
Supporter
Rodrigo Istalindir
Quote:
Originally Posted by isidorus
Shadowrun-- did not have high expecations when it first came out. Bought and haved played/owned rules of the various editions. Looking foward to 4th edition.

Castles and Crusades-- peaked my interest but even with the reviews, I was not sure but been hooked ever since.

Harp-- I was a big Rolemaster fan and was not to sure if Harp could do any better. Surprised that it has become one of my favorite games.

Vampire: The requiem: I was suprised that with the game and it blew my socks off better then the oWod. The WoD rules kick.

Witchcraft: Seemed strange but bought the book and loved it. The only sad thing was I could never find anyone to play it.

Heh...I think I just found my evil twin...

Lol! Thanks. Until last year I lived in Maryland, now I am in Fla. Having a little diffculty finding a game though, maybe I need to do so mething online, maybe Witchcraft.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads