• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RPGNow Sales Numbers Update

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
jgbrowning said:
Disappointed with Internet Arcana (think the two SRDs that came out right before it killed sales)

You're probably right. I think that what you put together was a very useful product but it seems that there are too many "for sale" versions of SRD material out there.

lmpjr007

Explorer
Here is something I have noticed even more lately, with so many new D20 companies coming out of the woodworks, publishers might want to try to sell product to these new D20 publishers and their normal customers. I have put out the Image Portfolio line on RPGNow and it is a complete success for us. The time length that this product will sell is almost infinite. People will always need good art that is extremely inexpensive. Products like these have the real potential to be long-term moneymakers over the traditional gaming sourcebook that everyone is putting out. Personally I think many of the companies need to really look at ways they can constantly generate revenue from products with a broader scope and appeal. I mean, how many sourcebooks can you do on D20 Monks anyway?

lmpjr007 said:
I mean, how many sourcebooks can you do on D20 Monks anyway?
I could probably write three independent books on Monks if I tried really hard. But that's not where I'm headed. 1) martial arts stuff, 2) being a monk of war vs monk of beauty, etc, 3) Monastic life and "if there are no bibles to copy and spells exist that can copy books, what do monks do all day?"

Besides, if no one makes d20 books, who's going to need artwork?

And just so you know, my first book is nearly a year old and it still generates 6-8 sales a month. Not a lot of money, but I'm sure once your collections get that old, they'll slow down to that rate as well.

Sales Update:
Character Customization: 55 (in not quite 2 weeks, woo hoo!)
Joe's Book of Enchantment: 191

rpghost

First Post
Here are some updated customer referal counts... Altas has taken over ENWorld! Free product does that I guess :)

2670 Atlas-Games.com
2651 ENWorld.org
1413 Friend
1224 Search Engine
948 Website Refferal
877 Pinnacle Ent.
692 MonteCook.com
641 Magazine Ad
601 RPG.net
341 Wizards.com
325 google
194 Yahoo.com
182 NBos.com
181 USENET
157 A Mailing List
147 RPGObjects
147 Web
143 RPGHost.com
139 TheGameMechanics.com
131 roleplayingtips.com
119 Mongoose Pub.
109 RPGShop.com
107 Email
107 RPGNow.com
102 online
97 Microtactix.com
93 Privateer Press
85 Dominion Games
81 RealmsofEvil.net
73 Banners
64 SciFi.com
56 pigames
53 GamingReport.com
52 google.com
48 BastionPress.com
42 EN Publishing
41 Mortality.net
40 GameWyrd.com
39 www.rpg.com.br
33 Indie-RPGs.com
33 Paper Models Group
33 RPGNews.com
33 www.rpg.hu
32 SeanKReynolds.com
31 Campaign
26 rollspel.nu
26 RPGArchive.com
23 forum
23 RPGd20.com
22 UncleBear.com
18 D20 Weekly
18 GreenRonin.com
18 pen-paper.net
18 rpgsheets.com
18 www.roliste.com
17 GMMastery.com
15 Thunderhead Games
15 TwinRose
14 altavista
14 DnDAdventure.com
14 on the web
13 Dark Quest Games
12 browser
12 rpg.hu
12 the internet
12 The Miniatures Page
12 www.scenariotheque.org
11 Guardians of Order

Total orders by source (people actually staying to buy something):

10325 ENWorld.org
3680 Atlas-Games.com
2831 Search Engine
2379 Website Refferal
2352 Friend
2188 MonteCook.com
1883 Magazine Ad
1444 Pinnacle Ent.
1434 RPG.net
845 Wizards.com
577 Google
509 RPGObjects
386 Web
382 Yahoo.com
354 A Mailing List
335 roleplayingtips.com
323 Microtactix.com
312 RPGHost.com
308 RPGShop.com
292 Mongoose Pub.
291 RealmsofEvil.net
284 NBos.com
276 TheGameMechanics.com
276 USENET
241 Dominion Games
241 online
232 Privateer Press
212 Email
202 RPGNews.com
198 Banners
172 RPGNow.com
165 GamingReport.com
118 SeanKReynolds.com
104 google.com
102 BastionPress.com
98 SciFi.com
95 Mortality.net
89 pigames
85 GameWyrd.com
81 Indie-RPGs.com
78 EN Publishing
77 Moongoose Site
76 Dark Quest Games
74 Thunderhead Games
73 RPGd20.com
73 www.rpg.com.br
71 UncleBear.com
70 Paper Models Group
56 found in the internet
55 campaign suite
52 RPGArchive.com
51 www.rpg.hu
50 rpgsheets.com

lmpjr007

Explorer
Re: Update

philreed said:
It's interesting to watch the sales from month to month.

Here is ours:

Power Corrupts (M&M Superlink): 107 in 4 days.

We WILL be doing more M&M Superlink products in the very near future.

JohnNephew

First Post
rpghost said:
Here are some updated customer referal counts... Altas has taken over ENWorld! Free product does that I guess :)

Woo hoo!

I have to say, I'm really pleased with how the Free Ars Magica download has been going. Our download count is almost to 9,500 -- I expect we'll pass 10,000 this month!

JohnNephew said:

Woo hoo!

I have to say, I'm really pleased with how the Free Ars Magica download has been going. Our download count is almost to 9,500 -- I expect we'll pass 10,000 this month!

Dear lord, that's a lot of downloads. :D

jeo b.

spacecrime.com

First Post
Joe... if I may be nosy, how has your Ennie award for Magical Medieval Society: Western Europe affected sales? Have you seen a boost? If so, is it more in PDF sales, more in physical book sales, or about equal in both?

Also, if I haven't said so already, this is a fantastic book! It's well-written, full of useful information, and a pleasure to read. Thank you so much for writing this!

best wishes,

The ENnies have helped quite a bit, almost as much as Monte’s 10 review. The reason for that is I think Monte’s review reached an audience who’d never heard of MMS:WE while I think the ENnies helped push a lot of people who were riding the fence into buying it. Since there are more people who haven’t heard about it that those who were debating buying it, I think the review was the bigger sales push for us. However, the ENnies sales are only slightly less than the review sales.

However, bear in mind that the review came first. I imagine that there are a lot of people who would have bought it because of the ENnies, but happened to have bought it already because of the review, so didn't. It's impossible to judge the two effects, because one is essentially operating within the "leftovers" of the other, and thus must be less by definition.

Last edited by a moderator:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads