RPM: "Awesome features" release available

Luke

Explorer
This release contains the new "awesome features" already previewed. The download is working again at http://www.enworld.org/roleplayingmaster .

I "had" to make a release now, so didn't get to put quite the amount of polish on the new features as I'd have liked, but this should be a very helpful and useful release.

The main points of note are:
- The new "Attacks Screen", for easily adding weapons and attack forms, then being able to see the breakdown for all atatck and damage modifiers.
- The whole new approach to in-game management, particularly targeting, for combat ( attacks ), skills and spell casting. A "must get" for in-game play.
- Damage is applied, and instantly works out the health status for you (fine, staggered, unconcious, dying, dead...)

Regards,

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Luke,

I just installed the update (have to enter all data in the database again, argh!) and have the first problem with it.

I the Creatures screen i push the button Target/Action screen and get the error message below:

Just-In-Time Debugging
An exception 'Runtime Error' has occurred in Script.

Possible Debuggers:
New instance of Microsoft Script Editor

<I use the debugger>

Microsoft Visual Studio Debugger
Microsoft JScript runtime error: Object doesn't support this property or method

| Break | | Continue | | Ignore | | Help |

<Help doesn't help strangely enough. Continue keeps giving the same message. Break ends the Debug and the arrow points to a line in the code (see below).>

{
this.targets.splice( cnt, 1 );
}

After i click away the Debugger i get the Script Error screen from RPM, that also says "Object doesn't support this property or method". When i close it i get the Execute Action Screen.

In the Execute Action screen i select Derrin the Dwarf and push the button Select Action and go for Attack (select) and get the same error message when i select it and when the Action window opens (indicates problems with the exact same portion of the script).

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Ok, some more stuff (can you tell that it's a quiet Friday afternoon at work ;-)

First of all, i love the View Details button for the Abilities in the Creatures Tab. In the last release it worked in the Races Tab, but not in the Creatures Tab, extremely annoying to say the least...

I got some more errors, so let's... Argh! After ANOTHER restart (restarted it three times last time, and still got the errors) and now i'm not getting the above errors, how annoying (not really)!
Erm, now i'm getting the messages again...

ok, this is an hour and a half later, i installed everything again because i fncked up RPM, it wouldn't start anymore.

Now it seems that the Target/Action Screen is having problems with creatures that have a sword or pirate flag before them (i haven't got a clue how to describe this more accurately), these ceatures are alo part of a party (maybe that's the problem?).

Overall, the new features look kewl and have potential, but are currently rather buggy on my latop (could be the laptop, but i doubt it).

Luke

Explorer
Targeting problems

Cergorach said:

Now it seems that the Target/Action Screen is having problems with creatures that have a sword or pirate flag before them (i haven't got a clue how to describe this more accurately), these ceatures are alo part of a party (maybe that's the problem?).

Overall, the new features look kewl and have potential, but are currently rather buggy on my latop (could be the laptop, but i doubt it).

Sword = Creature active in combat.
Skull & Crossbones (pirate) = Defeated (generally less than 0 hit points.

Thanks for the precise bug details. The funny "Help" doesn't issue is a Microsoft Debugger issue. By you having this installed, it bypasses my own exception handling. No big deal...

Thanks,

Remove ads