• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RPM v 4.0.4 available - key features

Luke

Explorer
You can download version 4.0.4 of RolePlayingMaster here .

Whilst there are some nice new features in the new release, there are some important bug fixes as well.

I'd particularly like to thank Andre for helping - especially with managing feedback from the fan site. There's an awful lot to RPM, and I get the feeling that we've now addressed key issues.

From this point on, I'd be very interested to know what new directions people believe RPM should be expanding on. I would be particularly interested in thoughts people may have for core RPM functionality, if they believe that something fundamental is missing, or could be improved.

New
- New PC/creature features. To make life very easy for those who just want to do the simple stuff with their characters or creatures, RPM now has useful new buttons available on the PC/Creature window.
This includes more useful options for experience points, examining AC (AC details now listed in statblocks!), editing/rolling initiative, entering damage and viewing defenses, and doing attack/save/skill checks.

- Creature Organizer. You can now easily view and manage large numbers of characters, NPCs and monsters. If you utilize the options for adventures, maps and encounter groups, you can easily shift your creatures around.

- Simple combobox for using variables (adding modifiers) for game mechanics. Nice list selection for things such as skills, resistances and immunities or spell caster bonuses - to make entering your own game rules very simple.

- New random generator options - NPC personality, quirks and secrets. The generator tables for these can be easily modified to suit. More to come!

- Option to choose attack form, for weapons that have more than one type (melee, thrown or ranged).

- Better class "Copy" function, for copying and modifying existing classes to create new ones (also got rid of bugs).

- new generator tables to support various functions.

Fixed:
If you think you know of a bug that isn't fixed, chances are its actually fixed as a result of the issues dealt with in the list below.

- Racial skill bonus was reset under circumstances.

- Some spell data corrections (especially for targets) - thanks Andre!

- Class combo lookups don't show hidden classes (not in current source selection).

- Various requests to resize fields.

- The effects of certain feats were ignored after initial creation (such as Improved Initiative).

- Filled out list for knowledge/craft/profession class skills.

- Issues with levelling up classes (noting classes not qualified for).

- Size attack bonus properly applied in all attack cases (range, thrown).

- Halflings get the proper "thrown" bonus.

- You can drag-and-drop creatures onto the battlemap again.

Enjoy!

Luke

Explorer
Decamber said:
Is the program perchance written in Java or other portable language? Or do you have any plans of porting it to Linux?

I'm not that far off linux portability, but a miss may be as good as a mile.
I don't really have a way to port the RPG scripting engine, which feeds off JavaScript in Internet Explorer...

Remove ads